Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Counter-Strike 2 (prev. Counter Strike: Global Offensive)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

DPI Wizzard, is it possible to add calculations for scoped sensitivity? I know it has something to do with the "zoom sensitivity"/"zoom_sensitivity_mouse" but I can't seem to be able to get the right sensitivity.

I think zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse 2.2 or 4.4 = 100% hip fire on 16:9 aspect ratio resolution, first zoom level. I don't have CS:GO installed to test, but you can try doing a 360 hip fire, set zoom to 4.4 and test if it is the same distance. 

Edited by ffolekam
  • 6 months later...
  • Wizard

maybe a stupid question, but when i test the calculator on CS-GO it gives a different value for 360-spin when i change the FOV, while in games like BF4, DOOM, borderlands etc...it doesn't change at all. Why is this Wizard?

If you check the game notes you'll see why:

Affected by: FOV: Yes 

FOV affects sensitivity in some games, others not :)

• 6 months later...

Um... Can you make a hip fire (simple) and regular hip fire for csgo?

Similar to what you did with rainbow six siege.

For instance, hip fire (simple) is just what you have for csgo, aka assumes you have m_yaw @ 0.022 and hip fire which lets you edit the m_yaw variable.

Earlier you mentioned the simple source sensitivity calculation in this thread so that we could figure it out ourselves. I have had a hard time trying to find this formula on the internet. Could we see this source formula?

Edited by massivelivefun

Hello DPI Wizard,

I play h1z1 competitively and the game itself lacks a training mode. Thus, I convert my sensitivity from CS:GO and train on the bot maps in CS. So my question to you is how can I make them as perfectly transferable as possible? As it stands, I've converted my sensitivities from CS to h1 (both default and aiming on h1) using the exact same actual FOV's (i train using the following cs command: sv_competitive_minspec "0"; weapon_recoil_view_punch_extra "0"; fov_cs_debug "69.91"; viewmodel_fov "68";). Is there anything inherently different between first and third person if the actual FOV is the same? (IE: CS is first person and h1 is third person). Is there anything else I should be doing that is glaringly obvious? Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Wizard

"Match at" is a percentage of half your FOV.

To put it simple, if your 360 distance is 10 inches, actual FOV is 90 degrees and match at is 100%, the calculator will make a 1.25 inch mouse movement match a 45 degree in-game movement, which means moving from the center of the monitor to the edge.

"Match at" is a percentage of half your FOV.

To put it simple, if your 360 distance is 10 inches, actual FOV is 90 degrees and match at is 100%, the calculator will make a 1.25 inch mouse movement match a 45 degree in-game movement, which means moving from the center of the monitor to the edge.

Alright, thanks! I also just found the video on this in another thread, but still have one curiosity.

If my monitor is sold as a 24", but I've measured my diagonal distance as closer to 23.9, would it make calculations more accurate to use 23.9 in the 'monitor size' input box?

Edited by gzv
  • Wizard

The monitor size is just used to calculate the ratio for now, meaning the relation between how far you move your mouse and how far the cross hair moves:

1 inch mouse movement = 9.413 inches crosshair movement

Since the 360 distance will vary when using monitor distance, this calculation is used as a baseline instead. But in the actual calculation "counts" are used instead of inches or cm, so the monitor size and resolution is used to convert it to a meaningful unit.

It is not used for the actual sensitivity calculation.

It is not used for the actual sensitivity calculation.

Good to know. 

P.S. I also stumbled across this, and was curious - is he basically doing something close to match at 25%, or something completely different? https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/43urd4/why_0818933027098955175_is_the_best_zoom/ I ask because way he describes his math seems like he's trying to match at 0%, but the value is closer to the calculator's match at 25%.

I do realize this is outside the realm of technical support, so I'll understand if you don't have time to read all of that.

Thanks again for all your help!

Edited by gzv

maybe you used a different zoomFOV?

zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse "0.818933" is 0 % for zoomFOV 40 @ 4:3 (Zoomed 1: AWP, SSG 08, G3SG1, SCAR-20) and default FOV 90.

Nope, I'm just a moron ... I was using Zoom 2 (AWP), not realizing this indicated the second level of zoom.

Thanks for helping me figure out my mistake!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...