Vigor

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

MULLET MADJACK

The config file might use either comma (,) or period (.) as the decimal separator depending on your locale settings.
Read more...

Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

I got a couple questions regarding FoV

Hi!
I got a couple of questions which I cant really wrap my head around.

1. Calculator tells me default FoV is 90, should I use this despite playing 16:9?

2. How do I know which FoV type the game is using?

3. Why is this not giving the same 360 distance? The FoV is the same?
04cacc47383275a70a3f576e812cfd12.png
https://gyazo.com/04cacc47383275a70a3f576e812cfd12

5. Also, is this a bug? 360 distance seems waay off. Or maybe I'm wrong

979f16f100ab39f4ab205dc42148c1d5.png
https://gyazo.com/979f16f100ab39f4ab205dc42148c1d5

Ty, alot of questions and not the best english. However I'm going nuts not understanding, bare with me

Edited by lutthen
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wizard
  1. Always enter the FOV value configured in the game. It's important that the resolution also is correct, so the calculator knows your aspect ratio.
    You can also use the FOV field to calculate FOV for a game, as you are doing with R6 here. The output tells you that you need to configure the FOV in R6 to 73.74 to achieve 106.26.
  2. The FOV type will automatically switch to the correct type for the game/aim you select.
  3. The in-game sensitivity in R6 only have 100 steps without any decimals, so this is the closest you can get to the CSGO 360. The discrepancy will tell you how much it is off.
  4. You forgot question 4! :)
  5. When you match using Viewspeed or Monitor Distance, the 360 distance will  be a lot different if the FOV is different. These methods match what you actually see on your screen. And you have selected 3rd person in PUBG which is unaffected by the FOV for 1st person, so it's locked at 80.

@DPI Wizard

1. Oh yeah I didn't actually know you could calculate the FoV like that haha. Used to always believe that putting my R6 FoV at 106.26 would give me the same feel as in CS GO. This makes a lot more sens.

2. Yeah I actually saw this post by you (great one btw) just as you answered which explains the different FoV type. I used to believe that 4:3 base was for a 4.3 res and Res.Base for anyone playing their native res (which tends to be a 16:9 one).

Link to the post below for any1 that might not fully understand FoV Type 
https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/forum/topic/659-whats-the-difference-between-those-vertical-and-so-on/

3. Yeah that makes a lot of sense, so in other words you should always aim to get the discrepancy as close to  0% as possible?

4. I actually edited my post after reading abit on the forums and got some of the original questions answered, simply just forget to switch the numbers around lel :)

5. Ah I see, does this apply to scopes aswell then?

Edited by lutthen