FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Gray Zone Warfare

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

World of Shooting

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Gas Station Simulator

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

windows to overwatch with monitor size

Edit: Follow this to see better answers from wizards on the forum.

I want to get a new overwatch sens close to 5300 edpi (26.14 cm/360) with a preference for a dpi between 700-1400. To match with a ratio like 1:4 both horizontal distance movement, what process should I use? 

Is windows to overwatch best in my case? I also dont know what % to use in monitor distance. I will experiment with any conversion method if needed.

Monitor:  20 x 11.3 vertical 22.9 inch

Edited by SkyOps
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should use the sensitivity from the game you played most (your aim is best). And you should pick the convertion-method depending to how you act in the game.

As the FOV and other stuff changes from game to game most of the time the sensitivity calculation just goes close to your other-games-sensitivity but only perfectly matches it in one point.

So the methods kind of change the point it matches.

360° Distance = if you have to do a 360° to get to your target (not often needed).

Viewspeed v1 is for movements at about 70% and v2 at about 75% of your desktop. (What I mean by the percentage is explained in the video ↓)

And on Monitor Distance you can decide where it should match.

Here is a tutorial on the Monitor Distance:  

(Since I am also new to mouse-sensitivity I could be wrong in some things but I hope I explained it accurate enough)

Edited by Keyinator
Fixed %

Thank you. It is still useful information. 

I ended up using monitor distance 100% to match it to the max right ?
And with windows to overwatch, windows sensitivity give always the same overwatch sensitivity. The dpi change nothing to that.
Ex: 6/11 -> 8.13; 5/11 -> 6.1     (depend on conversion metod)

Lower windows sensitivity need higher dpi to fit the same cm/360, so I went for 5/11 which need a dpi ranging from ~700-900 I adjusted the dpi to match my cm/360 (which is 800dpi) and bingo I think I got what I wanted. Mouse movement ratio with overwatch and windows are almost the same with monitor 100%.

I like how the movement feel the same. 5/11, 6.1, 800

Am 10.1.2018 um 21:05 schrieb SkyOps:

Thank you. It is still useful information. 

I ended up using monitor distance 100% to match it to the max right ?
And with windows to overwatch, windows sensitivity give always the same overwatch sensitivity. The dpi change nothing to that.
Ex: 6/11 -> 8.13; 5/11 -> 6.1     (depend on conversion metod)

Lower windows sensitivity need higher dpi to fit the same cm/360, so I went for 5/11 which need a dpi ranging from ~700-900 I adjusted the dpi to match my cm/360 (which is 800dpi) and bingo I think I got what I wanted. Mouse movement ratio with overwatch and windows are almost the same with monitor 100%.

I like how the movement feel the same. 5/11, 6.1, 800

100% does not mean it's the best one. It only means your aim is 100% the same at 100% of your screen (total right and left) everywhere else from the point it will get more inaccurate.

But it's not a big problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the good information mr. skwuruhl. I ended up using monitor technique with 56.25% (1080/1920*100) for windows to overwatch and I feel like it match better than my other try :)

Final settings:
Windows 4/11 with 800 dpi
Overwatch 4.95 sensitivity
~45cm/360 which is my mouse pad width 

That way I can also use no raw input in osu! for my warm-up and it feel the same.

Do you eventually use the 56.26% monitor distance to match your windows sensitivity? do you know whether we should use 56.26% to math or just 75%, for desktop or 2d games.  I am curious if I use 4/11 800 instead of 6/11 400 dpi, will there be deceleration on desktop. Because i also enjoy playing aimbooster, i want my cursor also has its best percision on desktop instead of just games. But using 4/11 800 increase my aimbooster to 3 minutes which is better than my performance under 6/11 400 dpi.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2018 at 8:49 PM, cchhqq said:

Do you eventually use the 56.26% monitor distance to match your windows sensitivity? do you know whether we should use 56.26% to math or just 75%, for desktop or 2d games.  I am curious if I use 4/11 800 instead of 6/11 400 dpi, will there be deceleration on desktop. Because i also enjoy playing aimbooster, i want my cursor also has its best percision on desktop instead of just games. But using 4/11 800 increase my aimbooster to 3 minutes which is better than my performance under 6/11 400 dpi.

Skwuruhl explained here that it will match the movement to a certain distance on the monitor. Example, 75% match it to 75% distance of the monitor. It's good for matching how far you want your in scope flick to match the movement/distance. Remember that the distance start from the center of the screen. For game to other game conversion, other methods are better. Edit: It's better for hipfire the 360 conversiont method.

I red somewhere that 56.25 is better for games using horizontal fov like overwatch with a 1920x1080 resolution (1080/1920*100=56.25). For games with 4:3 fov like csgo, it's better 75% no matter what the resolution you're using. Might be placebo effect, but it felt like a better match. Not sure how the fov play a role in this, but 56.25 was for overwatch and 75% for csgo. edit: Using 1920x1080

For windows sensitivity, I didn't find a clear answer. With my personal experience of using 3/11, 4/11 and 6/11 over at least 5 years, I concluded that there is no difference for your muscle memory. After using one of them for a long time, I was really precise on 2d like windows and it was not 6/11. 

Higher DPI is more smooth, but might capture more of your mistakes if too high. Higher windows sensitivity capture less mistake, but skip too much pixels when too high. Find the right balance between the two that work better for you.

Don't worry too much about it. I tried to match with windows as an experiment, for fun and to learn. I recommend not using sensitivity higher or lower than what 100% or 0% give as a sort of safe boundary. The difference might be too high to adjust on the go. Anyway we can't match 2d and 3d movement perfectly, it's only to one point on screen like math wizard wrote.

Edit: been away for a week and I didn't see they answered you better on the other thread oh well. 

Edited by SkyOps