Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

Deep Rock Galactic

On 3/5/2018 at 4:13 PM, DPI Wizard said:

The sensitivity changed by exactly 25% during my analysis, so please reply to confirm if the calculation is correct for you. I don't know why it changed, might have been a bug in the game.

The sens still feels off. I use a 43cm 360 and im off by like 5cms

• Wizard
2 hours ago, disconnector said:

For me there seems to be a difference on the space rig and out on a mission. While in the space rig my sens is normal but on mission my vertical sensitivity is reduced by quite a bit. There could be more engine related issues in regards to sensitivity?

I haven't played this game other than analyzing it in the starting area, but maybe the FOV changes on a mission or something?

• 3 weeks later...

I am about to buy this game, but I want to play with a friend on Xbox, so I need the Windows-Store Version. 

I know from the Bedrock-edition of minecraft that the game-folders are encrypted (for games from the windows-store), so I would like to know if the calculator is working for the Windows-Store Version of Deep Rock galactic as well?

Edited by WhoCares?
  • Wizard
46 minutes ago, WhoCares? said:

I am about to buy this game, but I want to play with a friend on Xbox, so I need the Windows-Store Version. 

I know from the Bedrock-edition of minecraft that the game-folders are encrypted (for games from the windows-store), so I would like to know if the calculator is working for the Windows-Store Version of Deep Rock galactic as well?

I don't know for sure as I only have the Steam version, but pcgamingwiki doesn't list a config file location for the Windows Store version, and considering the config file is located in the game directory it's probably not accessible.

In-game sensitivity should be the same though.

I bought the game (microsoft-version), but the fov calculation seems to be wrong for 21:9 monitors.

106 fov ingame on a 2560x1080 screen is actually 121.05 hfov when gaming instead of 106 what the calcutator is displaying me.

Thus the output sensitivity is probably wrong too

nope.PNG.afb4d7e4aadbe82dffaa0dd640632d1e.PNG

Edited by WhoCares?
11 minutes ago, Drimzi said:

Change the fov type to 16:9 horizontal. A lot of games with the type "Hdeg Res" will actually be 16:9.

Worked :) 

Thank you! 

But this will be only a problem with 21:9 monitors, right?

Edited by WhoCares?

I guess it applies to any aspect ratio that isn't 16:9. Whenever you play a game, test with a 16:9 aspect ratio with black bars, and 21:9. If the game zooms in when you go to 21:9, then calculate with Hdeg. If the black bars get filled in with additional fov, then change the type to 16:9.

Thank you!

Also: The Microsoft-Store-Version has the option to change the sensitivity-inpu to "manuel mode" so you can type in the values you would use for the config file. But sadly it does not allow decimals (despite showing one^^) and roundes the value when using decimals 😕

also.thumb.PNG.bcc2d4230ae61a5be9b102bc74169fa8.PNG

Edited by WhoCares?
  • 9 months later...

I started with 120 FOV on the calculator for Deep Rock Galactic https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=8a951e6f37621c8a2963fe197bef92e0 and the 360 felt much slower than Call of Duty Cold War. Then I tried the default FOV (100) https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=4f59c1b6e982cd2781bf8da41c9d35c6 , using the new in-game sensitivity while keeping the in-game FOV at 120 and the feeling was right. 

• Wizard
2 hours ago, crispydono said:

I started with 120 FOV on the calculator for Deep Rock Galactic https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=8a951e6f37621c8a2963fe197bef92e0 and the 360 felt much slower than Call of Duty Cold War. Then I tried the default FOV (100) https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=4f59c1b6e982cd2781bf8da41c9d35c6 , using the new in-game sensitivity while keeping the in-game FOV at 120 and the feeling was right. 

I think you are experiencing an old bug. See if you have a folder "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Unreal Engine\Engine\Config" and in that folder a file called UserInput.ini. If so the game erroneously reads this file which probably has the setting "bEnableFOVScaling=False" in it.

You can delete or rename the whole folder "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Unreal Engine\" as no game should use it. Rename it to "Unreal Engine (old)" or something.

image.png

I've done like this so I can easily find back to it when I need to test like now :)

Note the space in "Unreal Engine", you might have another unrelated folder called "UnrealEngine", don't touch this one!

• 1 year later...

Hi. Need help.
I want to change my sensitivity and fov via config file, but the game keeps overriding the values I enter to the ones I've set previously in the in-game settings.
I have the xbox version of the DRG. I'm changing the values in GameUserSettings.ini and Hardware.ini from "D:\XboxGames\Deep Rock Galactic\Content\FSD\Saved\Config\WinGDK".
I've tried with marking the config files as read-only - the values are not getting override then, but the game still uses the ones I've set previously in the in-game settings.
It's also good to mention that I don't have the "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Unreal Engine\Engine\Config" folder

• Wizard
19 minutes ago, irastio said:

Hi. Need help.
I want to change my sensitivity and fov via config file, but the game keeps overriding the values I enter to the ones I've set previously in the in-game settings.
I have the xbox version of the DRG. I'm changing the values in GameUserSettings.ini and Hardware.ini from "D:\XboxGames\Deep Rock Galactic\Content\FSD\Saved\Config\WinGDK".
I've tried with marking the config files as read-only - the values are not getting override then, but the game still uses the ones I've set previously in the in-game settings.
It's also good to mention that I don't have the "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Unreal Engine\Engine\Config" folder

This is "typical" for games on Microsoft Store/Xbox unfortunately. Usually the actual config file is located in a non-accessible folder or cloud and is copied to the accessible location on launch, overwriting everything there (or something to that effect).

So I'm afraid you are stuck with in-game sensitivity 😕

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...