Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Discrepancy Between CS:GO and PUBG Sensitivity Calculations

I have a very specific cs:go sensitivity and it seems that when trying to calculate the exact 360 distance to pubg there is a tad bit of discrepancy between 360 distances, i don't think it will be to big a deal as its a pretty minimal difference, but i would prefer to get it as accurate as possible. Is there anything else i could try/do to get a more accurate reading?

Capt3242432ure.PNG

Capt3535353ure.PNG

Do not use 360 distance when converting to ADS. Considering that you're coming from CSGO, I would recommend you use monitor match 75% since it's the equivalent of the default zoom sensitivity used in CSGO. Also, if you're going to use 360 distance for hipfire, you must correctly match the fovs in the calculator to get the same sensitivity. In your screenshot, you used the wrong fov type when converting.  Since CSGO uses "Hdeg 4:3",  you have to use the same when converting to PUBG.

HDHQY6d.pngUmDXDYv.png

Edited by 1TimePurchase

I didn't notice the FOV type i figured that was just based on the game engine, i'll keep that into account aswell, thanks.

Also i would prefer my ads and hipfire sensitivities to match perfectly 1:1, that's why i was using 360 distance, but i'm still not quite sure how all of these calculations work yet.

Edited by SpecialOpsPepe
37 minutes ago, SpecialOpsPepe said:

Would that be because of the FOV difference when adsing?

Yes.

34 minutes ago, SpecialOpsPepe said:

I didn't notice the FOV type i figured that was just based on the game engine, i'll keep that into account aswell, thanks.

Also i would prefer my ads and hipfire sensitivities to match perfectly 1:1, that's why i was using 360 distance, but i'm still not quite sure how all of these calculations work yet.

There are videos and threads on the front page of the calculator explaining all the conversion methods. In my opinion, it's best to use monitor match 75% if you do large flicks while ADS or monitor match 0% if you do smaller flicks/tracking while ADS. 

Edited by 1TimePurchase

In cs my zoom sensitivity is set to 0.818933027098955175, but that isn't my focus, my goal with pubg is to get my ads and general sensitivity to be the exact same or in other words a 1:1 ratio matching my cs:go sensitivity. Or for my ads sensitivity to feel the exact same as my csgo sensitivity i suppose (for 1x sights.), but how that is done seems to be vary controversial. I suppose the only way i could do that concisely is if Bluehole would just add a fov slider for the ads fov so i could match my ads fov to be the same as my fpp fov. 

Edited by SpecialOpsPepe
7 hours ago, 1TimePurchase said:

Then use monitor match 0% when converting to ADS.

My goal isn't to make my csgo ads sensitivity the same as my pubg ads sensitivity for 1x sites(red dot/holo), I want my holosight/ironsight/red dot ads sensitivity to be the same as my crosshair sensitivity in csgo i guess i would say to word my goal in a more correct fashion.

Edited by SpecialOpsPepe
On 3/30/2018 at 02:54, AshenOne said:

Just curious as to why the monitor distance of 75% is more correct than any other percentage. 

Thanks in advance for an explanation! 

It isn't actually more correct, it was just chosen for convenience sake. It's more accurate than what you'd normally use, but not the best.

There actually isn't a perfect method because of distortion. 0% is matched at the crosshair, but less matched as you approach the edge of the monitor. If you match at 100%MM then it is not matched at the crosshair but more matched as you approach the edge of the monitor... But the best method is up to you and what you prefer. You could even scale the monitor match or use different methods for different situations.

Personally I use 0%MM because I like having the crosshair feel the same. And when you flick to a target you can still make adjustments - and those adjustments are so much easier to make when using 0%.