Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

26 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

The conversion wasn't actually possible when you made the post, but a recent update has made it possible. You can now set the scale for the conversion so it's possible to match your 0.75 like this:

image.png

Also if you play 4:3 stretched you should set the FOV to 64 so it's about the same as in CoD.

Thank you so much!!

Wasn’t multiplier 1 the place for .75 (ADS zoom) and Sensitivity 2 as the monitor coefficient which is 1. 

What I was trying to accomplish was matching hip fire to both games and Separately  SMG Iron/Reflex (.75) to red dot/ holo on Siege with the 10 hip fire. I believe I came up with 52 but I’d have to check it. I’ve given up on ACOG in Siege. 

Sounds like we always want default FOV that the calculator loads automatically, so I shouldn’t ever worry or touch this? 

I’m assuming you just put coefficient at 0 due to putting the ads Monitor distance and scope scale @ 75%? 

What would be wrong with matching the VFOV and HFOV between two games and doing the conversion?  

How did you come up with 64 for FOV? 

• Wizard
4 minutes ago, TheBrandon said:

I’m assuming you just put coefficient at 0 due to putting the ads Monitor distance and scope scale @ 75%? 

I updated the picture right after posting it to match your settings.

16 minutes ago, TheBrandon said:

Sounds like we always want default FOV that the calculator loads automatically, so I shouldn’t ever worry or touch this? 

The default FOV Type is what the game uses, so if you enter the FOV value from the game you need it set to the default type. But if you want to convert from a different type you can change it and see the output for the config FOV.

20 minutes ago, TheBrandon said:

How did you come up with 64 for FOV? 

Since you should have the same FOV in both games you can calculate the config FOV like this:

image.png

20 minutes ago, TheBrandon said:

What would be wrong with matching the VFOV and HFOV between two games and doing the conversion?  

Ideally you should always do this, and it is usually enough to match one of them. But if you play R6 4:3 stretched and CoD in 16:9 it's impossible to match both. If CoD is also 4:3 stretched they will be the same.

13 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

I updated the picture right after posting it to match your settings.

The default FOV Type is what the game uses, so if you enter the FOV value from the game you need it set to the default type. But if you want to convert from a different type you can change it and see the output for the config FOV.

Since you should have the same FOV in both games you can calculate the config FOV like this:

image.png

Ideally you should always do this, and it is usually enough to match one of them. But if you play R6 4:3 stretched and CoD in 16:9 it's impossible to match both. If CoD is also 4:3 stretched they will be the same.

This is making so much more sense.  Especially changing the FOV to Hdeg res to match the default of game converting and entering the value to do the conversion. 

Why did you choose monitor distance vertical for scope and ads though? This was set to 100 and 75% why? COD is 1.33 and I changed it to 1. Shouldn’t that be 1.33 at 75% to 1 @ 100%?  I believe in COD the coefficient only impacts ADS. When I made this change it felt most Siege like. Nothing to back that up so I’m really hoping to understand why this was picked. 

If I am understanding correctly, setting my coefficient to 1 means it’s 100% top to bottom (vertical)  for the same amount movement hip fire or zoomed. 

This is confusing to me because when I convert the following,

COD SMG Iron Sight Reflex

8.68 Mouse sensitivity

Sensitivity 2: Mouse Distance Coefficient 1

Multiplier 1 ADS Speed Low Zoom .75 

(360 @ 25.0771 inches)

Siege shows ADS (Iron Sight/Red Dot/Reflex

10 mouse sensitivity

Sensitivity Aim Down Sights 53 (ADS Ironsight. yours is 73)  

(360 @ 24.6981 inches)

What I believe I’ve done is convert hip fire and hip fire and ads and ads. That is what I wanted. 

What it looks like you’ve done is converted all sensitivities to 15.7101 Inches to 360. Unless I’m missing something I clearly choose not to have a 1:1 for ADS which is why I went with .75 for the ADS sensitivity multiplier. 

If I’m wanting to convert the actual 360 distance with my COD for both ADS (SMG IRON specifically) and hip fire (two different 360 distances) to other games what is the best method to achieve that so it’s not only the same physical mouse movement distance but also what you see in game?

I use COD to warm up due to the flicks and fast pace before jumping into Siege so I’m trying to set a baseline with the correct understanding so when I move to other games. 

Is there a better way to do what I’m trying to accomplish or am I just off with my thought process? Is it possible for the calculator to take into account and do the conversion for separate hip fire and ads speeds? What works best for me is hip fire ret on target and ads slowed down for precision. Can the calculator take my COD values and convert hipfire to hipfire and ads to ads and so on?

Maybe I should 1 for 1 my games for 25.0771 inches for hipfire and ads? 

Thank you again so much.  This has been something I return to consistently but you’re getting me there finally. I’m grateful!! 

• Wizard
3 minutes ago, TheBrandon said:

Why did you choose monitor distance vertical for scope and ads though? This was set to 100 and 75% why? COD is 1.33 and I changed it to 1. Shouldn’t that be 1.33 at 75% to 1 @ 100%?  I believe in COD the coefficient only impacts ADS. When I made this change it felt most Siege like. Nothing to back that up so I’m really hoping to understand why this was picked. 

If I am understanding correctly, setting my coefficient to 1 means it’s 100% top to bottom (vertical)  for the same amount movement hip fire or zoomed. 

Correct. Coefficient is the same as Monitor Distance Vertical, so 1 = 100%. And the ADS sens multiplier is the scale, so 0.75 = 75%. So by setting the calculator to match your configuration it will automatically calculate the correct sensitivity.

5 minutes ago, TheBrandon said:

This is confusing to me because when I convert the following,

COD SMG Iron Sight Reflex

8.68 Mouse sensitivity

Sensitivity 2: Mouse Distance Coefficient 1

Multiplier 1 ADS Speed Low Zoom .75 

(360 @ 25.0771 inches)

Siege shows ADS (Iron Sight/Red Dot/Reflex

10 mouse sensitivity

Sensitivity Aim Down Sights 53 (ADS Ironsight. yours is 73)  

(360 @ 24.6981 inches)

What I believe I’ve done is convert hip fire and hip fire and ads and ads. That is what I wanted. 

What it looks like you’ve done is converted all sensitivities to 15.7101 Inches to 360. Unless I’m missing something I clearly choose not to have a 1:1 for ADS which is why I went with .75 for the ADS sensitivity multiplier. 

This is probably a bit confusing, but when you convert directly from the SMG ADS to R6 ADS you should set the scale to 100% instead of 75%. The reason for this is that the numbers you enter for SMG ADS (8.68, 1, 0.75) is already equal to 75%. So if you don't change the setup to 100% you apply 75% twice.

I'm looking into ways to make this work more streamlined, but that's how it is for now :)

9 minutes ago, TheBrandon said:

If I’m wanting to convert the actual 360 distance with my COD for both ADS (SMG IRON specifically) and hip fire (two different 360 distances) to other games what is the best method to achieve that so it’s not only the same physical mouse movement distance but also what you see in game?

Use MDV 0%, that makes the most sense in your case.

19 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Correct. Coefficient is the same as Monitor Distance Vertical, so 1 = 100%. And the ADS sens multiplier is the scale, so 0.75 = 75%. So by setting the calculator to match your configuration it will automatically calculate the correct sensitivity.

This is probably a bit confusing, but when you convert directly from the SMG ADS to R6 ADS you should set the scale to 100% instead of 75%. The reason for this is that the numbers you enter for SMG ADS (8.68, 1, 0.75) is already equal to 75%. So if you don't change the setup to 100% you apply 75% twice.

I'm looking into ways to make this work more streamlined, but that's how it is for now :)

Use MDV 0%, that makes the most sense in your case.

You’re such a legend! I still don’t understand why we’d put MDV to 75% at all if we already factor that in when entering the coefficient under multiplier 1.  Couldn’t I have just left that at 100 and entered .75 under multiplier 1 which is what it’s for?  

In the future, if I use MDV 0% and enter my COD settings that is the way to go? <— last question! Thank you again!!! 

• Wizard
1 minute ago, TheBrandon said:

You’re such a legend! I still don’t understand why we’d put MDV to 75% at all if we already factor that in when entering the coefficient under multiplier 1.  Couldn’t I have just left that at 100 and entered .75 under multiplier 1 which is what it’s for?  

MDV should be 100% in all these cases, 75% is only for the scale. Sorry if there's been any confusion!

In the future, if I use MDV 0% and enter my COD settings that is the way to go? <— last question! Thank you again!!! 

Actually I think 100% is better based on your setup.

• Wizard
Just now, susshibe said:

Hey, I apologize for asking this, but how do I input in the data this converter gives me?

I'm getting multiple sight sensitivities, but the GameSettings file only gives me limited input options.

The sights all scale differently, so you have to choose which one you want to use for the matched sensitivity.

8 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

The sights all scale differently, so you have to choose which one you want to use for the matched sensitivity.

Thanks a lot.

I hope they implement multiple sight sens, but I'll live with what I got. Much appreciated and thank you for the fast response. Cheers! 

5 minutes ago, susshibe said:

Hey, I apologize for asking this, but how do I input in the data this converter gives me?

I'm getting multiple sight sensitivities, but the GameSettings file only gives me limited input options.

Have you went through the instructions threads? I ask because I beat my head against the wall for months trying to figure this shit out. Well, in my infinite ignorance or eagerness to just make it all work so I could just play I didn’t even realize there was a thread about using calculator that addressed a lot of my “gotchas” I was running into. 

For Siege, I went with the lower between ADS and ACOG. So if I was given 50 ADS and 40 for ACOG I went with 40. There are a few reasons for this. You edit your .ini if you’re using that but I just did it in game because Ubisoft is fucking idiots and won’t make individual scope sensitivities. Btw, submit that bug if you want to make a difference. You’ll see the link on the calculator side. 

Have you went through the instructions threads? I ask because I beat my head against the wall for months trying to figure this shit out. Well, in my infinite ignorance or eagerness to just make it all work so I could just play I didn’t even realize there was a thread about using calculator that addressed a lot of my “gotchas” I was running into. 

For Siege, I went with the lower between ADS and ACOG. So if I was given 50 ADS and 40 for ACOG I went with 40. There are a few reasons for this. You edit your .ini if you’re using that but I just did it in game because Ubisoft is fucking idiots and won’t make individual scope sensitivities. Btw, submit that bug if you want to make a difference. You’ll see the link on the calculator side. 

Sorry I'm relatively new to a lot of sensitivity converters, I've only just today realized there's a science to it. Usually I just did continual tweaking through in-game settings until I found a somewhat tight fit (which took anywhere from 20-40 minutes of trial and error). I did however notice that there was the thread linked and I did submit it. Every drop counts.

Thanks for the tip of advice though. I'll go with the 'Brandon Method' and see how it feels! :D

Edit: I am a bit confused about Vertical and Horizontal sensitivity. I inputted in as much as the information I get, but should they be equal values? Or should I use what they are defaulted to? Nothing in the calculator covered these values.

Edited by susshibe
38 minutes ago, susshibe said:

Sorry I'm relatively new to a lot of sensitivity converters, I've only just today realized there's a science to it. Usually I just did continual tweaking through in-game settings until I found a somewhat tight fit (which took anywhere from 20-40 minutes of trial and error). I did however notice that there was the thread linked and I did submit it. Every drop counts.

Thanks for the tip of advice though. I'll go with the 'Brandon Method' and see how it feels! :D

Edit: I am a bit confused about Vertical and Horizontal sensitivity. I inputted in as much as the information I get, but should they be equal values? Or should I use what they are defaulted to? Nothing in the calculator covered these values.

you can change your fov

DefaultFOV=73.739998

your hipfire :

MouseSensitivity=1
MouseYawSensitivity=1
MousePitchSensitivity=1

the multipliers :

MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit=0.277779

XFactorAiming=0.029065

and ads :

AimDownSights=50
AimDownSightsMouse=50

in here

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Rainbow Six - Siege\[USERID]\

the hor and vertical should be the same values

image.png.e887a040cb12ce33588f64a1e2e12971.png

if you set the ads option to work through in game whilst having your multipliers seup the right way you can change depending on your need

i mainly play 1x scopes and whenever i feel like using acog i just swap o the right value ( made notes on a piece of paper that sits on my table )

if you havent yet

https://r6fix.ubi.com/test-server/TTS-20721-Scope_sensitivity_needs_to_be_adjusted_per_scope__requires_separate_sliders_for_1x__ACOG__and_Kali_s_two_scope_magnifications_

upvote / reproduce this and share it wioth anyone you know that has a uplay acc

Edited by fortunate reee
1 hour ago, susshibe said:

If I may make a suggestion, grab aim lab (Free on Steam) and add the FOV in AIM LAB and resolution you play at.  Add the profile of whatever game you're best at and run the various training modules like tracking, speed, things like that. Once you have your go to sensitivity jump on the calculator. You'll know as it'll be the best scores.

My method is to match the FOV as much as possible. If I can't, I want Actual Horizontal FOV.  An example is if you play COD 2019 and don't want to make it 4:3 but you play Siege 4:3 or CS GO 4:3 you won't get a perfect match, its going to be off.  You have to decide what you want to do in terms of each game.  I force what I can to 4:3 because its what I prefer. 

Ignore my actual numbers, this is my method,

1. I use the Auto FOV for my desired game. Siege uses VDeg so I set Auto FOV ON: Target FOV to say 80 (its what you prefer for you main game) and FOV Type to VDeg (use whatever game you are converting. Siege uses VDeg but COD for example uses Hdeg 16:9. This is easiest to break down.
  2. I use Monitor Distance Horizontal on ADS and Scope @ 0% to 100%. I do this because there is far more horizontal movement than vertical.  No idea if that is the right way.
  3. I choose In game location (not game settings).  Set hip fire under AIM drop down for BOTH games.  Set sensitivity I want at 360 degrees distance matched.  So for example if its 15 inches in Siege to do a 360 turn, its 15 inches in COD. Remember, you must have the same FOV.  You know these match when you look at the calculations and see Actual VFOV: and Actual HFOV: are identical for both games and see they both match.  Grab that number, for example I am converting Siege to COD, so under Calculations the number for COD is 10 
  4. I choose aim drop down on Siege and choose ADS,  I put my ADS speed in the Siege calculator since this is what I am converting.  Lets say it is 50.
  5. On COD calculations, I would put the value I got from my hipfire conversion which ended up being 10. Make sure you choose the drop down you're working with, in this instance ADS on Siege to whatever I am trying to run on COD (SMG\Iron). In this example the FOV do not match up but they are close.
  6. Whatever calculation that came up under game you are converting too is what you want.

If something is off here I am interested in learning but this is what I have done. I will happily edit so I am not putting bad info out there.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 3 questions: 1) I'm confused between the difference of the "FOV Type" and "Aspect Ratio" feature. My monitor has a 1920x1080 defualt resolution, so if i play RB6 with the 4:3 aspect ratio preset in-game, would i then change the "Aspect Ratio" variable to "4:3 Stretched" and keep the "FOV Type" to Vdeg (instead of Hdeg 4:3)? My settings then look as such:
970182644_Capture4.PNG.f476aaf71faff75b635cf9ccaeceb9a1.PNG
2) I want to convert to Kovaaks, and i play with the 4:3 FOV measurement preset in kovaaks. Do i then use the 4:3 stretched "Aspect Ratio" input, or keep it defualt? My goal is to match my R6 ADS sensitivity and FOV to match directly into Kovaaks. Thanks in advance :) My final results are as follows:
2007939522_Capture5.PNG.409d3f9d1df5bd5589d0626ec11fb713.PNG
3) Are these the correct settings to get a perfect sensitivity match?

• Wizard
9 minutes ago, BlackBullet said:

1) I'm confused between the difference of the "FOV Type" and "Aspect Ratio" feature. My monitor has a 1920x1080 defualt resolution, so if i play RB6 with the 4:3 aspect ratio preset in-game, would i then change the "Aspect Ratio" variable to "4:3 Stretched" and keep the "FOV Type" to Vdeg (instead of Hdeg 4:3)? My settings then look as such:

This is correct indeed. FOV Type is just a way to express FOV and is (mostly) unrelated to aspect ratio. It's just a different unit of measurement, like inches is to centimeters.

10 minutes ago, BlackBullet said:

2) I want to convert to Kovaaks, and i play with the 4:3 FOV measurement preset in kovaaks. My final results are as follows:

3) Are these the correct settings to get a perfect sensitivity match?

If Kovaak's also is 4:3 stretched to 16:9 this is correct again, but note the "Config FOV" is what you need to configure to get the calculated FOV. If you switch FOV Measurement in Kovaak's to vertical you can enter the Vdeg value directly. But as long as the Actual FOV is the same and you configure the FOV in the game according to the output you're doing it correctly.

On 3/12/2020 at 11:38 PM, DPI Wizard said:

If Kovaak's also is 4:3 stretched to 16:9 this is correct again, but note the "Config FOV" is what you need to configure to get the calculated FOV. If you switch FOV Measurement in Kovaak's to vertical you can enter the Vdeg value directly. But as long as the Actual FOV is the same and you configure the FOV in the game according to the output you're doing it correctly.

Yes, i take the config FOV value and input that into kovaaks. If i play kovaaks with the "Horizontal 4:3 FOV measurement" preset in game, do i then select the "4:3 Stretched Aspect Ratio" input in addition to the "4:3 Aspect Ratio" input? I am confused between the difference of these two inputs, primarily because there is no option to change the aspect ratio, only the FOV measurement.

Edited by BlackBullet
  • 2 weeks later...