Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

2 小时前, fortunate reee说:

image.thumb.png.66edd8fcca93831a880013fb16f374ae.png

this actually sums up your case default is different from before for some reason , there is no reason whatsoever to be using standard at this point there never really was 

Side Note: If you are on PC and have modified the XFactorAiming value of your GameSettings.ini file, this will unfortunately affect the neutral ADS value of 50. Instead, the neutral value will be (1 / XFactorAiming). 

The quote above is from ubisoft GUIDE TO ADS SENSITIVITY IN Y5S3

I'd like to know if the xfactoraiming unit and  aimdownsight mouse needs to be changed back to the default? 

• Wizard
2 hours ago, 1kFace8aby said:

ummmmm so i should use advanced. and should i change XFactorAiming and aimdownsight mouse to default 0.02 and 50? i already set the ADSMouseSensitivity and ADSMouseMultiplierUnit to default all scope 50 and 0.02, but i still feel so weird when i using aim down sight. its that the advanced mode still affected by xfactoraiming unit? i used to changed it before y5s3 update to let my 1xads match 0%mdv

The calculator tells you what all the values should be set to. Some default values are used as placeholders and will work fine in most cases.

2 hours ago, 1kFace8aby said:

Side Note: If you are on PC and have modified the XFactorAiming value of your GameSettings.ini file, this will unfortunately affect the neutral ADS value of 50. Instead, the neutral value will be (1 / XFactorAiming). 

The quote above is from ubisoft GUIDE TO ADS SENSITIVITY IN Y5S3

I'd like to know if the xfactoraiming unit and  aimdownsight mouse needs to be changed back to the default? 

XFactorAiming is no longer in use, I assume they mean ADSMouseMultiplierUnit.

On 9/15/2020 at 5:36 PM, DPI Wizard said:

The calculator tells you what all the values should be set to. Some default values are used as placeholders and will work fine in most cases.

XFactorAiming is no longer in use, I assume they mean ADSMouseMultiplierUnit.

hmm shouldn't they remove the xfactor variable in config file then?

in the process of reconfiguring everything for siege atm, I reset all settings to its default value (50 in the ingame)

I'm trying to configure the cm/360 at the moment, seems like there's more than 1 setting that can be changed to accomplish this... wondering what's the best one to mess around with?

On hipfire horizontal it says to change MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit

But if you switch to any of the ADS scopes/sights the calculator says

Sensitivity 1:MouseYawSensitivity=50

Sensitivity 2:ADSMouseMultiplierUnit=0.02

Multiplier 1:MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit=0.02 (stays at default value)

While only changing ADSMouseSensitivity1x=4

But the sensitivitymultiplierunit also affects the ADS multiplier variables...

• Wizard
8 minutes ago, STR8_AN94BALLER said:

hmm shouldn't they remove the xfactor variable in config file then?

They probably keep it in for a couple of reasons I can think of; to read the old value and convert it to new, and while they had the test server up the same config file had to work with both versions.

11 minutes ago, STR8_AN94BALLER said:

in the process of reconfiguring everything for siege atm, I reset all settings to its default value (50 in the ingame)

I'm trying to configure the cm/360 at the moment, seems like there's more than 1 setting that can be changed to accomplish this... wondering what's the best one to mess around with?

On hipfire horizontal it says to change MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit

But if you switch to any of the ADS scopes/sights the calculator says

Sensitivity 1:MouseYawSensitivity50

Sensitivity 2:ADSMouseMultiplierUnit=0.02

Multiplier 1:MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit=0.02 (stays at default value)

While only changing ADSMouseSensitivity1x=4

But the sensitivitymultiplierunit also affects the ADS multiplier variables...

When you convert to any aim that have more than one value, you have to provide an existing value to the calculator. It will in most cases fill in the default value as a placeholder since it can't know what your value is. Just replace this placeholder value with your actual value if it isn't correct. Using the "All" aim will calculate several of these values for you, so it's generally recommended to use this. But even with the "All" conversion you have to provide some existing values, but the default values will work fine in most cases.

26 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

They probably keep it in for a couple of reasons I can think of; to read the old value and convert it to new, and while they had the test server up the same config file had to work with both versions.

When you convert to any aim that have more than one value, you have to provide an existing value to the calculator. It will in most cases fill in the default value as a placeholder since it can't know what your value is. Just replace this placeholder value with your actual value if it isn't correct. Using the "All" aim will calculate several of these values for you, so it's generally recommended to use this. But even with the "All" conversion you have to provide some existing values, but the default values will work fine in most cases.

Using "all" also recommends to change "MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit"

0yIv0gU.png

5 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

No, you don't need to change it unless your calculation is out of range. Using the default value will work perfectly fine in most cases. 

Sens 1/2 is left default (blue) while multiplierunit is changed (green color)

qHwy9Ce.png

Previously before test server and/or the individual optic sensitivity, the calculator recommended me to change the MouseYawSensitivity (Sens1)

Edited by STR8_AN94BALLER
  • Wizard
8 hours ago, STR8_AN94BALLER said:

Sens 1/2 is left default (blue) while multiplierunit is changed (green color)

Previously before test server and/or the individual optic sensitivity, the calculator recommended me to change the MouseYawSensitivity (Sens1)

It only does that if you calculate horizontal hipfire for in-game sensitivity. If you do the "All" conversion it will instead use the default values and adjust the sensitivity with the MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit since it's way more accurate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

just getting around to updating my settings for this.
So, it seems like MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit stays the same as I had it before but I'm a bit confused by the rest. If I choose sensitivity from the drop down it tells me to just change all the scopes to 50 - I mean is that right? What about xfactor aiming?
If I change it to multiplier it tells me to change ADSMouseMultiplierUnit to 0.02.
Multiplier seems to have less discrepency to the sensitivity I'm basing it on, so I'd rather use that. Am I right in thinking then, that actually, I don't need to do anything here in this pic?;

image.png.4725aedf8f41005a2732cfdd183ed00d.png

• Wizard
2 minutes ago, sc0zz said:

Hi,

just getting around to updating my settings for this.
So, it seems like MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit stays the same as I had it before but I'm a bit confused by the rest. If I choose sensitivity from the drop down it tells me to just change all the scopes to 50 - I mean is that right? What about xfactor aiming?
If I change it to multiplier it tells me to change ADSMouseMultiplierUnit to 0.02.
Multiplier seems to have less discrepency to the sensitivity I'm basing it on, so I'd rather use that. Am I right in thinking then, that actually, I don't need to do anything here in this pic?;

The picture shows a quite different story than what you are describing (ADSMouseSens is different for all aims). XFactor is no longer in use. In the new R6 sensitivity 50 in-game and 0.02 in the config file (i.e. 0.2*50=1) is MDV 0%, that's why you get 50 for all aims with the default calculator setup witch is also MDV 0%.

11 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

The picture shows a quite different story than what you are describing (ADSMouseSens is different for all aims). XFactor is no longer in use. In the new R6 sensitivity 50 in-game and 0.02 in the config file (i.e. 0.2*50=1) is MDV 0%, that's why you get 50 for all aims with the default calculator setup witch is also MDV 0%.

Yea, I haven't changed anything yet.  That pic is how it looked after the patch. Ah, I see - ADSMouseSensitivityXx - so I can't just choose all then? I have to do each individually? I don't really know what I'm supposed to put for Monitor Distance - and mine is Horizontal not Vertical - should it be vertical - I didn't bother with scopes before, just reflex but now they've fixed this I'd like to mix it up a bit,  if I can achieve consistency.

Edited by sc0zz
typos
  • Wizard
2 minutes ago, sc0zz said:

ADSMouseSensitivityXx - so I can't just choose all then?

You can choose all, it just happens to be that MDV 0% is 50 for all. If you instead set the conversion for ADS and scope to MDV 100% you will get different values for all scopes.

As for what Monitor Distance to use, the default that R6 now uses (which is also the default a lot of games now) is generally considered the best method. Not saying it's for everyone, but it's the one that makes most sense mathematically.

11 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

You can choose all, it just happens to be that MDV 0% is 50 for all. If you instead set the conversion for ADS and scope to MDV 100% you will get different values for all scopes.

As for what Monitor Distance to use, the default that R6 now uses (which is also the default a lot of games now) is generally considered the best method. Not saying it's for everyone, but it's the one that makes most sense mathematically.

Why? Because VFOV? Anyway, so if I just set all ADSMouseMultiplierUnit to 0.020003, leave MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit as it is, I should be good with MDV at 0%? Otherwise, I don't understand how if I'm guessing a monitor distance %, how is that going to be consistent?

image.png.b97176a03e517cbced56f8cdef8c9f6e.png

image.png.1865cb5ad50a88d140072763d1343980.png

Edited by sc0zz
typos
  • Wizard
1 minute ago, sc0zz said:

Why? Because VFOV? 

Because you are converting sensitivity within a single game, the scopes FOV/sensitivity is based on the hipfire FOV/sensitivity, so it will always be the same. If you convert from another game with a different hipfire FOV, the result will be different because the scopes will match the other games hipfire and not R6's.

As for the scopes, 0.02 and 50 is the perfect match, you might get some decimals different simply because of lack of decimals.

2 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Because you are converting sensitivity within a single game, the scopes FOV/sensitivity is based on the hipfire FOV/sensitivity, so it will always be the same. If you convert from another game with a different hipfire FOV, the result will be different because the scopes will match the other games hipfire and not R6's.

As for the scopes, 0.02 and 50 is the perfect match, you might get some decimals different simply because of lack of decimals.

I meant as the reason these games use MDV was because they all use VFOV now. Anyway, I am converting from another games hip fire but I always use 360 distance for hip fire and always use the same fov. So do I need to change to MDV in the origin sens game too? Still confused here tbh.

• Wizard

I meant as the reason these games use MDV was because they all use VFOV now. Anyway, I am converting from another games hip fire but I always use 360 distance for hip fire and always use the same fov. So do I need to change to MDV in the origin sens game too? Still confused here tbh.

Well, it's a mixed bag. MDV 0% is actually the same as MDH 0% as long as the aspect ratio is the same. But generally speaking, games that use vertical FOV tend to be either MDV 0% or MDV 100%, while games that use horizontal FOV tend to be MDH 100% based on a specific aspect ratio (like 4:3 or 16:9) or based on actual resolution.

A lot of if's and but's here though. And quite a lot of games use no logical scaling at all (which is where this calculator comes in really handy!).

5 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Well, it's a mixed bag. MDV 0% is actually the same as MDH 0% as long as the aspect ratio is the same. But generally speaking, games that use vertical FOV tend to be either MDV 0% or MDV 100%, while games that use horizontal FOV tend to be MDH 100% based on a specific aspect ratio (like 4:3 or 16:9) or based on actual resolution.

A lot of if's and but's here though. And quite a lot of games use no logical scaling at all (which is where this calculator comes in really handy!).

OK so, converting from BF3 hip fire, same aspect and uses VFOV, really all I have to do is plug in my hip fire sens, choose all and change everything to either 50 or 0.02 (depending on muliti vs sens dropdown) and that's that?

Edited by sc0zz
  • Wizard

OK so, converting from BF3 hip fire, same aspect and uses VFOV, really all I have to do is plug in my hip fire sens, choose all and change everything to either 50 or 0.02 (depending on muliti vs sens dropdown) and that's that?

Correct, since BF3 does not have any scope specific sensitivities. If the game would have had it though, your goal would be to adjust the conversion setup to match your settings in the game, then convert from that.

2 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Correct, since BF3 does not have any scope specific sensitivities. If the game would have had it though, your goal would be to adjust the conversion setup to match your settings in the game, then convert from that.

Yea. I don't really aim scoped in anyway. I aim then scope in so it's only really mattering for adjustments, plus I rarely use anything higher than reflex/red dot scale. I get the feeling it's not really going to change anything for me since it was probably the same for me before the change?

Anyway, great, we got there in the end :) Sorry for being such a dunce. Both I and my muscle memory thank you, for your usual prompt and informative help. Stay safe.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, so I am totally confused when I want to convert mouse sensitivity to R6, four questions.
1. Which version should I use?
2. Do I need to convert an in-game version first to find Sensitivity 1 and 2, so I can use config file version?
3. Do I choose multiplier or sensitivity for ADS?
4. Some indicators in the calculator is missing in my config file. eg. ADSMouseSensitivityXx

• Wizard
36 minutes ago, DanteGao said:

1. Which version should I use?

Release, the old version is just there for those who want to convert from old to release.

36 minutes ago, DanteGao said:

2. Do I need to convert an in-game version first to find Sensitivity 1 and 2, so I can use config file version?

No, you can either do in-game with less precision due to lack of decimals, or do config file directly with better precision.

37 minutes ago, DanteGao said:

3. Do I choose multiplier or sensitivity for ADS?

Multiplier is useful for finding the best multiplier for one specific scope, then use this multiplier when selecting sensitivity.

38 minutes ago, DanteGao said:

4. Some indicators in the calculator is missing in my config file. eg. ADSMouseSensitivityXx

Some might be missing if their in-game value is set to the default. If you change everything in-game they should appear.

15 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Release, the old version is just there for those who want to convert from old to release.

No, you can either do in-game with less precision due to lack of decimals, or do config file directly with better precision.

Multiplier is useful for finding the best multiplier for one specific scope, then use this multiplier when selecting sensitivity.

Some might be missing if their in-game value is set to the default. If you change everything in-game they should appear.

Thanks, for the second question, I mean, I need to find these two values first, right? And these two values need to be converted first, I do not think just use the default values

InkedFireShot Capture 003 - Mouse Sensitivity - Same Aim - Different Game - www.mouse-sensitivity.com_LI.jpg

• Wizard
4 minutes ago, DanteGao said:

Thanks, for the second question, I mean, I need to find these two values first, right? And these two values need to be converted first, I do not think just use the default values

The sensitivity is a product of both these values and the config file specific values, so they can in theory be anything as long as they're not out of range. Changing them will just cause the config file value to be re-calculated accordingly. E.g. 50 and 0.02 is the same as as 25 and 0.04.