Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

been trying to see what's different here and it seems that the calculation for hipfire:ads have changed on the calc?

just trying to get hipfire and (most) ADS scope sens to be the same

1600 DPI

target: 30cm / 360

4:3 stretched

Previously before some UI change the suggested multiplier values are below (notepad++ brown image)

image.thumb.png.9ca983c5f0479dbfff30b7f5ae933ac0.png

image.thumb.png.27cede3dcb4b0e7bf8797a4b3a9c1104.png

then I played around with these 4 fields and it seemed to change the bottom portion a bit, not sure if it's correct though

I am not sure if FOV can be 90?

using default (blank) and 90 FOV will result in change of value, even though the calculator states that the engine is not affected by ads and fov?

iYzdLqk.jpg

new bug not related to mouse sensitivity, but might be interesting to those who are curious

Edited by STR8_AN94BALLER
3 hours ago, STR8_AN94BALLER said:

been trying to see what's different here and it seems that the calculation for hipfire:ads have changed on the calc?

just trying to get hipfire and (most) ADS scope sens to be the same

1600 DPI

target: 30cm / 360

4:3 stretched

Previously before some UI change the suggested multiplier values are below (notepad++ brown image)

image.thumb.png.9ca983c5f0479dbfff30b7f5ae933ac0.png

image.thumb.png.27cede3dcb4b0e7bf8797a4b3a9c1104.png

then I played around with these 4 fields and it seemed to change the bottom portion a bit, not sure if it's correct though

I am not sure if FOV can be 90?

using default (blank) and 90 FOV will result in change of value, even though the calculator states that the engine is not affected by ads and fov?

iYzdLqk.jpg

new bug not related to mouse sensitivity, but might be interesting to those who are curious

the reason why siege changed their ads system some time back  https://r6fix.ubi.com/test-server/TTS-20721-Scope_sensitivity_needs_to_be_adjusted_per_scope__requires_separate_sliders_for_1x__ACOG__and_Kali_s_two_scope_magnifications_/

image.thumb.png.e68798bd84ddf4e0d42f0d62d837ab62.png

can be found in the instructions https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/forums/topic/6396-instructions/

using 360 distance for anything but hip fire is not advisable

(been debated a lot back and even regularly whenever someone new joins and doesn't read/or understand all the available forum post at hand )

before you start typing some flawed argument in favor of using 360 distance for scopes don't ! i have heard them all and not a single one was factually sound proof enough to  be considered reasonable.

---

if you are still here and haven't started furiously typing  read the stuff below its actually interesting 

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/forums/topic/4704-conversion-method-guide-and-other-faqs/

image.png.3e465ffd14c5b902d0bfee5656e0bc10.pngthis part of the page shows the actual fov you have in game , since games scale their fov differently if

siege uses vdeg ie 90 

image.png.2e7cbe1f418550a54e5d3602652e69ab.png

if you are relying on crutches such as stretched res image.png.f0a32c0be2c484d0e6bd9f1e136f3342.png 

you can adjust that in  the aspect ratio box and set it to whatever floats your boat.

------

image.png.6e4d24e261551fd12cda731e7be74ac7.png <--- best method of converting all scopes at the same time

in regards to the scopes and their method of calculation you will quickly notice that their respective values change depending on what you have set up in the top half 

image.png.11a0192c1e7780f5646de1d2687587dd.png

this is considered to be "the best " method of converting ads/ scopes (focal length / zoom ratio/ 0% monitor distance ) many names same result ( there is no perfect method, its mostly about the least flawed method of matching)

tbf any method will be more reliable and uniform than 360 could ever be give that each and every one of them actually scales based on your settings giving you a more uniform approach to scopes.

image.png.6b8cc52323c844356403194015d1a4ba.png

image.png.b25885201c6ce6da95a7711009296d23.png

i used something like this https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=c2412731cd8f0c4bbcc6f4e4fdd59c85 

although i do switch it up regularly and i don't exclusively use any certain setting ( its mostly preference )

-----

Edited by fortunate reee
13 hours ago, fortunate reee said:

the reason why siege changed their ads system some time back  https://r6fix.ubi.com/test-server/TTS-20721-Scope_sensitivity_needs_to_be_adjusted_per_scope__requires_separate_sliders_for_1x__ACOG__and_Kali_s_two_scope_magnifications_/

image.thumb.png.e68798bd84ddf4e0d42f0d62d837ab62.png

can be found in the instructions https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/forums/topic/6396-instructions/

using 360 distance for anything but hip fire is not advisable

(been debated a lot back and even regularly whenever someone new joins and doesn't read/or understand all the available forum post at hand )

before you start typing some flawed argument in favor of using 360 distance for scopes don't ! i have heard them all and not a single one was factually sound proof enough to  be considered reasonable.

---

if you are still here and haven't started furiously typing  read the stuff below its actually interesting 

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/forums/topic/4704-conversion-method-guide-and-other-faqs/

image.png.3e465ffd14c5b902d0bfee5656e0bc10.pngthis part of the page shows the actual fov you have in game , since games scale their fov differently if

siege uses vdeg ie 90 

image.png.2e7cbe1f418550a54e5d3602652e69ab.png

if you are relying on crutches such as stretched res image.png.f0a32c0be2c484d0e6bd9f1e136f3342.png 

you can adjust that in  the aspect ratio box and set it to whatever floats your boat.

------

image.png.6e4d24e261551fd12cda731e7be74ac7.png <--- best method of converting all scopes at the same time

in regards to the scopes and their method of calculation you will quickly notice that their respective values change depending on what you have set up in the top half 

image.png.11a0192c1e7780f5646de1d2687587dd.png

this is considered to be "the best " method of converting ads/ scopes (focal length / zoom ratio/ 0% monitor distance ) many names same result ( there is no perfect method, its mostly about the least flawed method of matching)

tbf any method will be more reliable and uniform than 360 could ever be give that each and every one of them actually scales based on your settings giving you a more uniform approach to scopes.

image.png.6b8cc52323c844356403194015d1a4ba.png

image.png.b25885201c6ce6da95a7711009296d23.png

i used something like this https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=c2412731cd8f0c4bbcc6f4e4fdd59c85 

although i do switch it up regularly and i don't exclusively use any certain setting ( its mostly preference )

-----

what's the reason for 133% on vertical? wouldn't the vertical ADS be 33% faster than hipfire?

the calculator doesn't seem to be reflecting this, not sure why. the link given didn't go in depth about 100 or 133% (or I might be misunderstanding something)

100% vert

9kPC7Qs.jpeg

133% vert

re0xfbd.jpeg

Edited by STR8_AN94BALLER
  • Wizard
15 minutes ago, STR8_AN94BALLER said:

the calculator doesn't seem to be reflecting this, not sure why. the link given didn't go in depth about 100 or 133% (or I might be misunderstanding something)

You are targeting a distance of 30 cm, there's no actual conversion in your example, just a calculation of the distance.

4 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

You are targeting a distance of 30 cm, there's no actual conversion in your example, just a calculation of the distance.

sorry I updated my post with more info to be more clear

I'll keep what you said in mind, I'm aware that there's no exact conversion except in a few edge cases

• 1 month later...

677649561_R6S75.thumb.png.99411baf846cf3e40d8ce8ad68f72dae.png

Can someone help me with my magnification settings? Idk how I'm supposed to input these into the game properly? This is the image I saved just before my sub ended so I can't re-enter my settings using the 'in-game' option. I thought 'config' would be better for accuracy, as it is in most games, but I didn't realize it's done differently for R6S. Unless I'm missing something here? It seems like this conversion is for me to change "ADSMouseMultiplierUnit" to the conversion EACH time I swap scopes. This isn't what I was after and didn't realize it til now. Wishing I would have just done the 'in-game' conversion instead, even if it meant a bit less accuracy, lol.

Edited by Treete
  • Wizard
9 minutes ago, Treete said:

I thought 'config' would be better for accuracy, as it is in most games, but I didn't realize it's done differently for R6S. Unless I'm missing something here? 

The issue is that you have selected "Calculate ADS: Multiplier", this is for making one scope perfect, then base all others on this. If you instead select "Calculate ADS: Sensitivity" you will get the sensitivity for each scope, but with less accuracy. What is you conversion setup in that screenshot?

19 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

The issue is that you have selected "Calculate ADS: Multiplier", this is for making one scope perfect, then base all others on this. If you instead select "Calculate ADS: Sensitivity" you will get the sensitivity for each scope, but with less accuracy. What is you conversion setup in that screenshot?

Sorry I don't have a screenshot of my previous config that I entered for R6S, but I have the settings of the game I converted from.

sens.thumb.png.c48157f50adba56d22c163fea5754dec.png

I swapped from 70% ADS to 75% recently so that's why I marked it, lol.

Edited by Treete
1 minute ago, DPI Wizard said:

Here you go:

image.png

Thank you so much! I was driving myself crazy trying to do it manually without success, lol. I use your service each time I get a new game and it's saved me so much headache. I really appreciate you helping me with this. My bad for clicking the wrong setting, lol.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Wizard
3 hours ago, quixj9 said:

recently started playing siege, hipfire sens works fine but all ads values are extremely low (9, 9 hipfire, 29 all ads), am i doing something wrong??

This will usually happen when the FOV in R6 is lower than the FOV in the game you are converting from. Not necessarily wrong, but you should try to match the FOV if possible.

• 1 month later...

The calculations for "Old" seem to have broken and aren't usable now. So you can no longer convert the old sensitivities to the new one.

Seems to only happen on the Old 4x - ACOG setting. It just doesn't convert/bugs out. 

I know that with 12 hipfire and 50 ADS on the old settings should be somewhere between 80-100cm/360 on old ACOG, but the calculation either doesn't update/calculate for the 4x ACOG. 

The calculations are also just completely incorrect, they seem to be calculating 12 hipfire, 50 ADS, 400 DPI on old 1x as being 33cm/360. I used this sensitivity for years and I still run it, it should be around 55cm/360. Not sure what's happened but yeah, the whole "old" setting has broken.

EDIT: Found a workaround, it seems setting the "Location" from Config File to In-game solves the problem and calculates properly. I guess by having it at "config file" it's trying to calculate based off of the new sensitivity method rather than the old one in the game? 

image.thumb.png.4ffb05278aad0be5ab999bfe9511ab9e.png

Edited by Fluvio
  • 3 months later...