Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

500 hz vs 1000 hz

I've heard tons of things throughout the internet on which mouse hertz to use.

Most things that I've seen said before are:

Less than a dpi around 800 should be 500 hz

More than a dpi around 800 should be 1000 hz

I've heard people say 1000 hz feels more jittery

I've also heard people say that "more is better"

What is the difference between the two and which is best for what context? Is one objectively better than the other? Does it even make much of  a difference?

Edited by CiRE
  • Wizard

I would say more is better unless:

• The sensor is bad and jitters or in some way is unreliable at 1000Hz.
  • The game does not handle 1000Hz, this is the case with some games. At 1000Hz they miss a lot of reports, resulting in negative acceleration.
  • A bad or busy USB hub, slow computer, long cables or something else hardware related might also limit the ability to use 1000Hz smoothly.

Any jitter is caused by either sensor, hardware, game or both. With a good sensor, good game and good hardware 1000Hz have no drawbacks.

I can agree with MindLLex.  I find that using my g502 (or even the g402) that 500hz feels sluggish in fast motion games (I don't count CS:GO/CS:S as fast motion) as you have to react/track even the smallest of movements. I feel that 1000hz is harder to control, but it depends on how I'm doing that day. If I'm doing terrible, 1000hz will exacerbate the issue. If I'm doing great though, I'll be able to take advantage of 1000hz and perform some crazy feets.

Another thing I've noted is that playing with 1-max prerendered resulted in worse aim than 2-max prerendered, however this might simply be because I'm on AMD which I read does a worse job at 1-max prerendered.

Edited by Xbye
  • 1 year later...
On 1/6/2016 at 2:29 AM, DPI Wizard said:

I would say more is better unless:

• The sensor is bad and jitters or in some way is unreliable at 1000Hz.
  • The game does not handle 1000Hz, this is the case with some games. At 1000Hz they miss a lot of reports, resulting in negative acceleration.
  • A bad or busy USB hub, slow computer, long cables or something else hardware related might also limit the ability to use 1000Hz smoothly.

Any jitter is caused by either sensor, hardware, game or both. With a good sensor, good game and good hardware 1000Hz have no drawbacks.

I use zowie ec2-a (the sensor should be 3310, default rate: 1000hz), cs:go game (raw_input 1, acc off, m_mousespeed 1 (default value)), i7-6700hq procesor, usb 3.0, when i use 1000hz my cpu goes up to 14%, at 500hz, up to 11% and at 125hz up to 7%, from 4% on desktop. So my question in my case i should use 500hz or 1000hz?

• Wizard
1 minute ago, fanatycme said:

I use zowie ec2-a (the sensor should be 3310, default rate: 1000hz), cs:go game (raw_input 1, acc off, m_mousespeed 1 (default value)), i7-6700hq procesor, usb 3.0, when i use 1000hz my cpu goes up to 14%, at 500hz, up to 11% and at 125hz up to 7%, from 4% on desktop. So my question in my case i should use 500hz or 1000hz?

Unless you notice some performance degradation in the game, use 1000 hz.

19 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

Unless you notice some performance degradation in the game, use 1000 hz.

I dont see any changes in fps when using 1000hz or 500hz,  my laptop has gtx 1070 graphic card. I will use then 1000hz for a while to test it out more. THANK YOU!!!!