Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Need help on Team Fortress Classic to CSGO but default_fov is not 90

If you don't want to read the entire thing, then you can skip to the red coloured text as those are my questions.

These images show what I have entered in the input boxes. Below these images are my configs for the two games coloured in green. If there's something I entered wrongly, please correct me!

Converting hipfire sensitivity:

image.thumb.png.825a24a317633d112c4766236c3aa9d6.png

Converting Team Fortress Classic sniper zoomed to CSGO Zoomed 1x:

image.thumb.png.55bf42efeebe1e451d6803e687ce2c83.png

Okay so  I'm quite confused on what I should do. Let me start with a simple question for CSGO.

I've searched around and I'm not sure what I should input for FOV as some people said that 1920x1080 16:9 fov is 90 while some say it is 106.26. My native resolution is 1920x1080, same for CSGO fullscreen mode.

CSGO configs:

-Fullscreen 1920x1080 16:9

-Sensitivity to be calculated but right now at 2.8

-zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse to be calculated but right now at 1

-m_rawinput 1

-m_customaccel 0

-fov_cs_debug 0 (console shows 0, not 90)

-m_yaw 0.022

-Should I choose Hdeg 4:3, Hdeg Res or Vdeg?

-What do I put in the FOV input box? 90 or 106.26? (in console, fov_cs_debug is 0)

Team Fortress Classic on the other hand, uses GoldSrc and can be closely related to Half-Life 1 or CS 1.6. I'm not sure about Day of Defeat though...

Team Fortress Classic configs:

-Fullscreen 1920x1080 16:9

-sensitivity 2.8

-zoom_sensitivity_ratio 1

-fov 0 (console gives output 0 upon entering "fov")

-********default_fov 120**********

-m_yaw 0.022

Notice I highlighted default_fov 120. I tried testing it out in the game and I realised that fov and default fov seem to affect one another. For e.g.

(keeping sensitivity at 2.8 constant)

if default_fov 150, fov 120, my fov APPEARS 120 but my sensitivity feels very very slow.

if default_fov 10, fov 120, my fov APPEARS 120 but my sensitivity feels very very fast.

However, I realised that default_fov is what affects the sensitivity and fov is what affects the visual FOV i.e the fov of what my eyes see on the screen.

Also, when my default_fov is 150 and my fov is 0, it seems to show the actual visual FOV of 150 (sensitivity feels slow) and when default_fov is 10 and fov is still 0, it will show the actual visual FOV of 10 (sensitivity feels fast)

But here's the thing:

-I'm not sure if the default_fov in the converter from TFC to CSGO is set to a fixed 90, or whether it is free to change via the fov input box.

-Is the FOV input box suppose to correspond to the "fov" command? or "default_fov" command? (my "default_fov" is 120 and "fov" is 0)

Now, to convert for the zoom. Like I said before, "fov" is what shows the visual FOV and not "default_fov". Since the converter did not account for the fov when zooming in, I went to find it out myself and apparently, when zoomed in, default_fov remains at my 120, but entering "fov" in console gives an output of "20". I said before that I'm not sure whether the fov input box in this converter corresponds to "default_fov" or "fov" so I just put in the value of "20"

The given result was:

Sensitivity 1:
sensitivity "3.261131"
Multiplier 1:
zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse "0.323407"
360° distance:
87.274 inches

Discrepancy: 0.0001% (0.0001 inches)
Config FOV:
fov_cs_debug 90
Actual VFOV:
30.54 degrees
Actual HFOV:
51.77 degrees

-But that's kinda weird because my zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse is so low? What I had was 1! So, what's wrong?

-And here's the question again: When zoomed in(Team Fortress Classic sniper weapon), if my default_fov is 120 and fov is 20, do I enter 20 or 120 in the fov input box?

I'm sorry if this post is really long and I thank you for taking your time to read. I hope someone can enlighten me on what I should do for an accurate conversion.

Edited by SwiftZX
adding some text
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/5/2018 at 2:38 PM, SwiftZX said:

Converting Team Fortress Classic sniper zoomed to CSGO Zoomed 1x:

Where is the zoomed AIM conversion ? TFC has only hipfire. I don't know how accurate is to set the FOV and convert it like you did.
Why you convert using 360 ? 
Firstly you should convert your sensitivity between game a and game b ( if your game b has an ADS aim present in the calculator ). Then with the sensitivity you've got from game b you convert it to a different type of FOV. Not a ( hip fire ) - b ( ADS ), but rather b ( hip fire ) - b ( 69x scope ).
Secondly, with a difference so high in FOV's from your game a ( 120 ) respectively b ( 90 ) I suggest you either choose a type of viewspeed or 100% monitor match ( the one I would pick ) when converting  TFC to CS:GO. The sensitivity will feel much more manageable. The downside will be that 180 degree turns will feel faster in CS:GO, but smaller degree jumps will feel more accurate ( with the 100% match ) ; however if the difference if FOVs is negligible, then in my opinion you won''t experience any downsides 
Now to answer your questions, it seems that the default FOV of TFC is 73.74 Hdeg 4:3/ 90 Hdeg ( try setting it to 90 4:3 if possible, via console/commands )  I don't know how you've got 120 FOV by default.

-What do I put in the FOV input box? 90 or 106.26? (in console, fov_cs_debug is 0)

Let the default value unchanged.

-I'm not sure if the default_fov in the converter from TFC to CSGO is set to a fixed 90, or whether it is free to change via the fov input box.

That's what you need to find out 

-Is the FOV input box suppose to correspond to the "fov" command? or "default_fov" command? (my "default_fov" is 120 and "fov" is 0)

In which game ?

-But that's kinda weird because my zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse is so low? What I had was 1! So, what's wrong?

Try this sensitivities - CS:GO hipfire 2.887730 or 2.798426 ( if you manage to bring down the FOV to 90 4:3 in TFC choose the 2nd value ) And now for the mouse ratios - 1.096286/ 1.062382 zoom 1; 1.127085/ 1.092229 zoom 2 AWP; 1.124343/ 1.089572 SSG; 1.088317/ 1.054660 AUG

-And here's the question again: When zoomed in(Team Fortress Classic sniper weapon), if my default_fov is 120 and fov is 20, do I enter 20 or 120 in the fov input box?

20 FOV what ? Hdeg 4:3 ? 

Edited by MuntyYy
On 05/06/2018 at 21:38, SwiftZX said:

I'm sorry if this post is really long and I thank you for taking your time to read. I hope someone can enlighten me on what I should do for an accurate conversion.

Okay there are two things you are doing wrong:

1. You are converting with 360 distance even though the FOV is different between inputs. Use a different conversion method like Viewspeed or Monitor Match. If you don't know what monitor matching is and why you have to use it then you should watch this video:

2. If you have a look at the CALCULATIONS section it will tell you the "Actual HFOV" and "Actual  VFOV" for each game based on what config FOV you inputted. Sometimes the config FOV is the same as the Actual FOV but it depends on the FOV Type a game uses. Normally you should leave the FOV Type as default when converting between games. Just enter your config FOV and it will do all the calculations for you.

Don't overcomplicate things. You just need to input your settings, the calculator does all the work for you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2018 at 9:48 PM, potato psoas said:

Okay there are two things you are doing wrong:

1. You are converting with 360 distance even though the FOV is different between inputs. Use a different conversion method like Viewspeed or Monitor Match. If you don't know what monitor matching is and why you have to use it then you should watch this video:

2. If you have a look at the CALCULATIONS section it will tell you the "Actual HFOV" and "Actual  VFOV" for each game based on what config FOV you inputted. Sometimes the config FOV is the same as the Actual FOV but it depends on the FOV Type a game uses. Normally you should leave the FOV Type as default when converting between games. Just enter your config FOV and it will do all the calculations for you.

Don't overcomplicate things. You just need to input your settings, the calculator does all the work for you.

I don't have premium so I can't use Monitor match, sorry. Does that mean I can only use 360 Distance?