Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Trouble Understanding the Conversion Process

I am very confused. Let me try to explain this as best as I can. I am trying to get a process down where I can easily match sensitivities across games using CSGO as my main starting point for sensitivity. I have already learned that, for muscle memory, using the viewspeed conversion is best, even if 360 distance varies a bit due to different fovs in different games. I've decided that I can live with that and aiming at what is in front of me is most important. So viewspeed conversion it is. Here is the part where I get confused. When I was using the calculator to convert from my CSGO sens to hipfire in PUBG I got a sens and rolled with it. Then, while still using CSGO sens as the first game in the calculator I followed up by adjusting all the different ADS and scope sensitivities in PUBG by changing the aim option for PUBG while the CSGO section remained the same. Just out of curiosity I decided to replace the first game from CSGO to PUBG and use the hipfire sens that I got earlier from the CSGO conversion. When I proceeded to check if all the ADS and scope sensitivities still lined up with the results I got before I realized that I got slightly different numerical results for sensitivities. I'm so confused because I thought the hipfire sens that I got in PUBG from CSGO would essentially be the same starting point for all the other PUBG sensitivities but for whatever reason if I convert using the PUBG "43" sens instead of CSGO "2" sens I get different numbers even though the PUBG number is literally converted from the CSGO sens. I feel like I'm missing something. What is the proper protocol for adjusting all sensitivities in one game? Maybe its because the in game sliders are less accurate in PUBG? I am after all using in game settings because I don't want to risk a ban by tinkering with config files.

I'm sorry if this is confusing but its so hard to explain which is frankly part of the reason I'm confused about the whole thing myself. It's late now so I don't have time to take screenshots, but I will later if needed. Any help is appreciated.

10 hours ago, Drimzi said:

PUBG would have a different base length than CSGO due to the numerical precision, so all output games will have a slightly different result. It shouldn't be different by much though.

I think I understand but these numbers don't seem negligible. I'll include pics to illustrate.

In pic 1, I used my CSGO sens and the viewspeed conversion to find my fortnite hipfire.

In pic 2, I then change the aim mode to scope sniper and enter in the conversion I got before into sens 1 and get a scope sens of 0.86

In pic 3, I attempt to arrive at the same result using fortnite as the original game with the sens I got from the CSGO results and I get a scope sens of 0.92

0.86 to 0.92 seems like a decent difference. So I'm just wondering if I am doing something wrong or if there is a flaw in my thinking. If not, which is the best way to convert? Should I just always use CSGO as a baseline?

One more question as well. I noticed that when I do this with PUBG (get the hipfire sens from CSGO) when I switch the aim mode to ADS or scopes, it doesn't ask me for sensitivity 1 like Fornite does. Is this because it is not a multiplier in PUBG or something?

I really appreciate your reply. I'm learning a ton with this website. Really cool stuff. I just want to make sure I'm not making user errors or wrong assumptions when I'm matching sensitivities. Thanks for your help.

Pic 1.PNG

Pic 2.PNG

Pic 3.PNG

• Wizard

In your first conversion there's a -7.378% discrepancy due to the lack of decimals in the Fortnite sensitivity.

In the second conversion to the scope the discrepancy is only -0.0114% because the lack of decimals can be countered by the scope multiplier to get it more accurate.

Both these discrepancies are showing you the difference between CSGO and Fortnite.

In the last conversion however you are converting from the Fortnite sensitivity that is -7.378% off compared to CSGO, and the scope sensitivity is matched to this value directly, and not the CSGO value. That why you get a ~7% difference in the conversion (0.86 vs 0.92).

For Fortnite I would recommend the editor for the cloud config to set the sensitivity accurately.

I hope that clears it up!

38 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

In your first conversion there's a -7.378% discrepancy due to the lack of decimals in the Fortnite sensitivity.

In the second conversion to the scope the discrepancy is only -0.0114% because the lack of decimals can be countered by the scope multiplier to get it more accurate.

Both these discrepancies are showing you the difference between CSGO and Fortnite.

In the last conversion however you are converting from the Fortnite sensitivity that is -7.378% off compared to CSGO, and the scope sensitivity is matched to this value directly, and not the CSGO value. That why you get a ~7% difference in the conversion (0.86 vs 0.92).

For Fortnite I would recommend the editor for the cloud config to set the sensitivity accurately.

I hope that clears it up!

Thanks! Yea I figured there was some sort of truncation happening. I think I understand now. Forgive me for my ignorance, but I'm not sure what you are talking about when you say "the editor for the cloud config". If you could further explain that would be great.

Also, do you know why PUBG doesn't need a sensitivity 1 when calculating ADS and scope sensitivities?

Lastly, do you think its best to use a game like CSGO as my baseline game to convert from for all games?

• Wizard
1 minute ago, justGlassin said:

Thanks! Yea I figured there was some sort of truncation happening. I think I understand now. Forgive me for my ignorance, but I'm not sure what you are talking about when you say "the editor for the cloud config". If you could further explain that would be great.

Select "Savefile" in the Location box for Fortnite:

image.png

This will give you a new more accurate sensitivity calculation, but you need to use a third-party program to edit the file. The link to the program is in the Game Info notes (also here).

Pay attention to this Location box in all games, it may include Config File, In-game, Console or Regedit.

6 minutes ago, justGlassin said:

Also, do you know why PUBG doesn't need a sensitivity 1 when calculating ADS and scope sensitivities?

I'm not quite sure why they went with this model, but it's quite easy to use at least. All the sensitivities do exactly the same math-wise, but is affected by the FOV of the different scopes. In other words, if you set all the sensitivities to the same value, you will have a 100% Monitor Match sensitivity.

10 minutes ago, justGlassin said:

Lastly, do you think its best to use a game like CSGO as my baseline game to convert from for all games?

CSGO is by far the most used baseline actually. You might have a different preference for 3rd person though. Even with everything equal (FOV and 360 distance) 1st and 3rd person might not match up to your liking, you might prefer one of them slower or faster.

1 hour ago, DPI Wizard said:

Select "Savefile" in the Location box for Fortnite:

image.png

This will give you a new more accurate sensitivity calculation, but you need to use a third-party program to edit the file. The link to the program is in the Game Info notes (also here).

Pay attention to this Location box in all games, it may include Config File, In-game, Console or Regedit.

I'm not quite sure why they went with this model, but it's quite easy to use at least. All the sensitivities do exactly the same math-wise, but is affected by the FOV of the different scopes. In other words, if you set all the sensitivities to the same value, you will have a 100% Monitor Match sensitivity.

CSGO is by far the most used baseline actually. You might have a different preference for 3rd person though. Even with everything equal (FOV and 360 distance) 1st and 3rd person might not match up to your liking, you might prefer one of them slower or faster.

This is all insanely helpful information! Thanks a lot! What a great tool for Fortnite. Now we just need developers to understand that this level of customization should be built into all games. Kind of crazy that the demand is high enough for people to create these utilities yet the developers don't seem to think it's important to include in game. I will say PUBG has a pretty good level of customization though. Anyway, thanks again for all your help. I wish I would have discovered this website earlier in my PC gaming days.

I only have one more minor question. Can this Fortnite tool get me banned? I'm not exactly sure how it works yet and don't want to get a hack ban or something for modifying files. I'll obviously do my own googling and all that, but I just figured I would ask since I'm here already.

• Wizard
9 minutes ago, justGlassin said:

Now we just need developers to understand that this level of customization should be built into all games. Kind of crazy that the demand is high enough for people to create these utilities yet the developers don't seem to think it's important to include in game.

The irony is that Fortnite used to have the sensitivity in the config file in plain text with 6 decimal accuracy. The removed it a few months ago for some unknown reason.

1 minute ago, justGlassin said:

I only have one more minor question. Can this Fortnite tool get me banned? I'm not exactly sure how it works yet and don't want to get a hack ban or something for modifying files. I'll obviously do my own googling and all that, but I just figured I would ask since I'm here already.

It works by uploading the config file to Epic's cloud, which then is used by the game. So you need to enter your account details into the third-party program for it to access your cloud files. I haven't heard of any issues with account details being lost (the program is open source so people can check the code for malicious content) or Epic banning people for editing the file, and I have used it extensively myself. But things can change so use it at your own risk.

2 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

It works by uploading the config file to Epic's cloud, which then is used by the game. So you need to enter your account details into the third-party program for it to access your cloud files. I haven't heard of any issues with account details being lost (the program is open source so people can check the code for malicious content) or Epic banning people for editing the file, and I have used it extensively myself. But things can change so use it at your own risk.

I understand. Well, I can live with the in-game sens being off a bit but now that I've learned that epic does the whole vert sens is 70% of horizontal sens I am irked beyond belief 😂. That is probably what has made this game feel "off" to me in the first place! PUBG devs wised up and added the ability to customize this ratio in-game and even defaulted the value to match x and y sens. I never understood the logic behind making x and y sens behave differently on a mouse. Maybe I'm missing something :P.  Thanks again for all of your help! 😁