Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

5.0 Release Notes

• Wizard

Version 5

Instructional video:

• Layout
    The "Input Mode" is now moved to to the "Convert from" section of the calculator, and the new "Monitor Distance" mode is added to the "Convert to" section along with "360° Distance" mode. This is done so it's more obvious what these options do.

• Field of View
    The FOV output will always show two values: Config FOV and Actual FOV. The Config FOV is what you have to configure in the game based on what you put into the calculator. The Actual FOV is the FOV you see in degrees. You can select any type of FOV Type, and the correct config and actual FOV will be calculated for you.
    What is new in this version is support for either locked FOV's or FOV's that are based on the configured FOV. An example of locked FOV's are sniper scopes in Battlefield 4 and Widowmaker's scope in Overwatch. And FOV's that scale is i.e. the Vortex rifle in Doom and ADS in H1Z1.

• Monitor Distance
    This is a new conversion mode that converts how far you "move" the crosshair on the monitor between games.
    NOTE: This mode is 100% dependent on correct FOV, so shout out if a game and especially an aim seems wrong.

• Games updated
    The following games are updated to support Monitor Distance for their different aims:

• Doom (2016)
    • Overwatch
    • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
    • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
    • H1Z1
    • Planetside 2
    • Battlefield 3
    • Battlefield 4
  • A ton of code update and optimization
  • Wizard

It's individual what feels right I think. 50% is obviously a good middle-point where you get slight differences up and down.

Whereas 1% or 100% gives you quite large differences in the opposite ends. If you prefer to track around the crosshair, lower % would be preferable, but if you like to snap towards the edge, higher would be better.

I prefer 50% myself, but I'm far from a pro :)

• Wizard

Ok, so syncing to width will result in different up/down movement between games with different FOV. Would it be better to match at 55% instead of 50% for 16:9, since the height is 56.25% of the width?

Vertical movement is something I have not looked at yet. Few games support a separate setting for it, so for now it kinda just rolls with the horizontal sensitivity.

So I need to look into this more to answer your question  :)

• Wizard

This is interesting but my initial impression is that this is more of a visual advantage whereas cm/360 will directly influence muscle memory by deciding how much force it takes to move to make the same sort of shot.

Probably true for a lot of people when it comes to hipfire, but matching aimed and scoped sensitivity to a 360 distance does not work well. It will be way too sensitive.

Wizard i didnt find another way to contact u... i have a software who makes the mouse move for a user defined period of time and resolution (pixels in this case)...

For example...

I setup unreal tournament 4 (Hipfire In-Game) sen at 2.5 @ 400 mouse dpi default 100 fov

With test and error i found that i have to setup the soft to make the mouse move 1pixel at 500 hz mouse frecuency for exact 16 seconds....

With this i do an pixel perfect 360 rotation...

Now i go to the calculator and set this sens and transfer it to Counter Strike as you show in the video...

Do exactly the same procedure in Counter Strike... But the crosshair always go further... like the calculated sen for CSGO is higuer than UT4 calculated sen.. Did the same test with UT3 and the crosshair again go further for what i can see the same distance he goes further in CSGO.

Can we contact each other somehow so i can show u the videos (dont have it now but i can make it for you)...

Thats all thanks Wizard

Edit: Testing i find out this...

If i use Convert Monitor Distance to. in the game i want (like CSGO) it give me sensitivity "2.797407" and the crosshair go further...

But if i change the option to Convert 360 Distance it give me sensitivity "2.556581" and that one fits my UT4 360...

So i confused here if i use Convert Monitor Distance option, not all games will do the same 360? am i doing something wrong?

Edited by COMECOCO
  • Wizard

Wizard i didnt find another way to contact u... i have a software who makes the mouse move for a user defined period of time and resolution (pixels in this case)...

For example...

I setup unreal tournament 4 (Hipfire In-Game) sen at 2.5 @ 400 mouse dpi default 100 fov

With test and error i found that i have to setup the soft to make the mouse move 1pixel at 500 hz mouse frecuency for exact 16 seconds....

With this i do an pixel perfect 360 rotation...

Are you sure your FOV is 100? Because you are sending 8000 counts with your setup, which is correct for FOV 80. For FOV 100 it should be 6400 counts.

• Wizard

If i use Convert Monitor Distance to. in the game i want (like CSGO) it give me sensitivity "2.797407" and the crosshair go further...

But if i change the option to Convert 360 Distance it give me sensitivity "2.556581" and that one fits my UT4 360...

So i confused here if i use Convert Monitor Distance option, not all games will do the same 360? am i doing something wrong?

Monitor distance does not match 360. It will only match the distance (Match At %), and the 360 will be different if the FOV is different :)

Are you sure your FOV is 100? Because you are sending 8000 counts with your setup, which is correct for FOV 80. For FOV 100 it should be 6400 counts.

Yes.. i just check it and is 100 fov.... But i still dont understand if im keeping my aim constant in every game :( ... could you give me a hand Wizard?

What i mean is... i want my UT4 sen as base for every other game i have... My exact settings in UT4 are:

Aim (Hip-Fir IN GAME)

Sensitivity 2.5

DPI 400

WPS 6

Resolution 1920 x 1080

FOV 100 (I double check)

So my question is... can i be 100% sure that my aim is the same if i use Convert Monitor Distance to Match at 100%... and just convert my UT4 base sen to every game... or is better to convert the 360 distance? Thanks for your work Wizard!!!!!!

This is interesting but my initial impression is that this is more of a visual advantage whereas cm/360 will directly influence muscle memory by deciding how much force it takes to move to make the same sort of shot.

i disagree completely and this is why.

When you just match your 360 spin then you are getting with a different FOV other visual information, depending on the FOV the target distance on the screen will change. Your muscle memory for aim is build from your eye-hand coordination, meaning that your eyes are leading your hand (and mouse) to the target.

When your eyes always getting different information because of the FOV change your hand always needs to adapt so no solid muscle memory can be formed since the information your getting is different.  

And muscle memory is all about consistency especially when it comes to aiming. Always having the same visual information in coordination with your hand movement is the only way to get great aiming skills. and this is exactly what this new calculator does.

Edited by Bernd Matthys
  • Wizard

Sure, here's a very simple version.

This one moves the cursor 10000 counts to the right when G1 is pressed on the keyboard. It does 100 repetitions of the MoveMouseRelative with 10 ms delay between each, and each of these moves the mouse 100 counts.

function OnEvent(event, arg)
	if (event == "G_PRESSED" and arg == 1) and GetMKeyState() == 1 then
		for i = 0, 99 do
			MoveMouseRelative(100,0)
			Sleep(10)
		end
	end
end

Sure, here's a very simple version.

This one moves the cursor 10000 counts to the right when G1 is pressed on the keyboard. It does 100 repetitions of the MoveMouseRelative with 10 ms delay between each, and each of these moves the mouse 100 counts.

function OnEvent(event, arg)
	if (event == "G_PRESSED" and arg == 1) and GetMKeyState() == 1 then
		for i = 0, 99 do
			MoveMouseRelative(100,0)
			Sleep(10)
		end
	end
end

thx for this wizard i didn't knew logitech supported this :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I want to make a swipe of my desktop match a swipe in an FPS game. I would previously measure distances on my mousepad and make a swipe which matches by marking points on each edge of the screen while in game.

I'm currently trying to use this new tool you made to match the desktop and my games. What percentage would I use? 100%? I know it might be different, but with this setting it would match a full swipe right?

• 1 month later...

Conversion between Overwatch and Unreal Tournament 2004 seems to be off by a factor of around 5.

With 2000dpi and 2 sensitivity (34.6cm/360°) in Overwatch and a config fov of 100 for both ow and ut the calculator says:

MouseSensitivity=0.169059

What I actually need to get to 34.6cm/360° in UT2004 with 2000dpi Mouse sens is

MouseSensitivity=0.033x

Any ideas?