Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

COD: Black Ops 3/4

33 minutes ago, nate said:

Can someone tell me what the ADS ratio is in each of the games, in relation to the HIP sens? 

For example is ADS sens 75 percent of the HIP sens or?..

1 minute ago, stereo3D said:

in bo3 it's 0 % and in bo4 it's adjustable.

BO3 actually uses 100% monitor match, but BO4 is adjustable through the Relative aim setting.

@nate Different games convert FOV differently. Most use the monitor match formula though, at different percentages (most common being 0%, 75% and 100%). If you want to learn about the monitor match method, there is a video by DPIWizard explaining it:

49 minutes ago, stereo3D said:

in bo3 it's 0 % and in bo4 it's adjustable.

what do you mean 0%? then it would have no sens or move? and I mean if the sens on bo4 is left on relative, what is it by default? 

1 hour ago, WhoCares? said:

Waiiiit...are you sure about BO3 uses 100% mm 

Yep it definitely does. You can test it by aiming with a sniper - it should appear to have a faster sensitivity at the crosshair.

2 hours ago, nate said:

what do you mean 0%? then it would have no sens or move? and I mean if the sens on bo4 is left on relative, what is it by default? 

Just wondering, did you watch the video I linked? The way monitor matching works is you choose a percentage of the screen (from the crosshair) and convert your cm/360 for different Fields of View so that when you turn to that point on the monitor, it will take exactly the same distance with your mouse. Since 0% is the exact center of your screen, the sensitivity will be matched at and feel exactly the same at the crosshair, but as you approach the edge of the monitor it will start to deviate exponentially. You may think it doesn't move at all but that's not how it works. 0% is more like matching the tangent of the curve, to be mathematically specific.

I think the default setting for BO4 is 75%. I've already forgotten though. Not that it matters? FYI, Legacy and 0% are exactly the same thing. 0% has been how COD usually converted sensitivity, apart from BO3, as I mentioned before. Not sure about IW cause I never played it. Ask Drimzi or DPIWizard if you need to know about other CODs.

6 minutes ago, potato psoas said:

Yep it definitely does. You can test it by aiming with a sniper - it should appear to have a faster sensitivity at the crosshair.

Just wondering, did you watch the video I linked? The way monitor matching works is you choose a percentage of the screen (from the crosshair) and convert your cm/360 for different Fields of View so that when you turn to that point on the monitor, it will take exactly the same distance with your mouse. Since 0% is the exact center of your screen, the sensitivity will be matched at and feel exactly the same at the crosshair, but as you approach the edge of the monitor it will start to deviate exponentially. You may think it doesn't move at all but that's not how it works. 0% is more like matching the tangent of the curve, to be mathematically specific.

I think the default setting for BO4 is 75%. I've already forgotten though. Not that it matters? FYI, Legacy and 0% are exactly the same thing. 0% has been how COD usually converted sensitivity, apart from BO3, as I mentioned before. Not sure about IW cause I never played it. Ask Drimzi or DPIWizard if you need to know about other CODs.

I did but I didn't really understand how it works completely. So the sensitivity will feel the same from point '0' to the selected percentage? so let's say I wanted it to feel the same from '0' to a 45 degree angle in either direction. Is that possible?

54 minutes ago, nate said:

I did but I didn't really understand how it works completely. So the sensitivity will feel the same from point '0' to the selected percentage? so let's say I wanted it to feel the same from '0' to a 45 degree angle in either direction. Is that possible?

The way it works is that it matches mouse movement to a point on the screen for all Fields of View. So, if I match to 100% of the monitor, then, for my particular sensitivity, it will always take me 8cm to move my crosshair from the origin to the edge of the screen. On the other hand, with 0% you will find that, as you increase FOV, the distance to move to the edge of the screen will decrease, or, as you approach 180 FOV, the distance will approach 0cm. This is why at extreme FOVs, matching at 0% produces extremely fast sensitivities. This proves that you can only ever perfectly match to one point on the screen, which is an important implication you have to understand.

However, if you can't be bothered learning any more, take my word and use 0% monitor match. Here is a visual demonstration showing exactly how good it is at tracking:

Even though it's impossible to match all points of the monitor when it comes to rectilinear projection, the tangent could be considered the very point where the 2D and 3D worlds touch... and it's actually perfect.

Bo3 is 0%, but some scopes like ACOG? seem to be sped up. Also the fov isnt accurate, 110 is more like csgo, and 120 is more like 113-114. So cm/360° tests will be off.

If you are converting with 0%, you just need to verify that 80 fov is correct in terms of cm/360°, as it would be scaling internally at 0% to whatever fov it really is.

6 hours ago, nate said:

Can someone tell me what the ADS ratio is in each of the games, in relation to the HIP sens? 

For example is ADS sens 75 percent of the HIP sens or?..

The sensitivity doesnt scale by an arbitrary percentage. It is the tangent ratio (trigonometry) between the hipfire fov and the ads fov.

• Wizard
2 minutes ago, Drimzi said:

Bo3 is 0%, but some scopes like ACOG? seem to be sped up. Also the fov isnt accurate, 110 is more like csgo, and 120 is more like 113-114. So cm/360° tests will be off.

If you are converting with 0%, you just need to verify that 80 fov is correct in terms of cm/360°, as it would be scaling internally at 0% to whatever fov it really is.

Yes, the FOV is off by 3.2-1% (always too low) and maxes out at 113.63.

IIRC putting a recon sight on an assault rifle results in a much higher zoom sens.

to find the correct FOV in BO3 i first calculate the sens for COD AW and then adjust BO3's FOV in the calculator until both sensitivities match.

e.g. FOV 100 at 16:9 in COD AW --> FOV 101.69 in BO3

33 minutes ago, potato psoas said:

Okay, I stand corrected. I tested it as well and yeah it's 0%. Don't know why I thought it was 100%... maybe on console it is different?

I remember them screwing with the sniper scope sensitivity and there being a lot of backlash, this was in the beta or at launch. Probably so controllers can keep up with the boost jumping. The recon sight (not sure how many others) also have an amplified sensitivity on PC for whatever reason.

On 8/28/2018 at 5:03 PM, nate said:

So i was trying to match my bo3 FOV to CS & COD4 Promod @90 which =106.26 or something thinking it was close but really I should have been on 110?

I just tested it myself. 101 is pretty much equal to 90 FOV (4:3).

I used a script to send the counts necessary to rotate to the top of the screen. It pretty much landed on the reference point at 101 FOV, with higher values overshooting.

edit: this was with the sensitivity value before the calc update, which was too high to begin with.

Edited by Drimzi
1 hour ago, Drimzi said:

I just tested it myself. 101 is pretty much equal to 90 FOV (4:3).

I used a script to send the counts necessary to rotate to the top of the screen. It pretty much landed on the reference point at 101 FOV, with higher values overshooting.

I used 16:9 res, what is that equivalent to?  If i try matching fovs in every game, should that make matching sensitivity easier as well?

Edited by nate
  • Wizard
22 minutes ago, stereo3D said:

great work! the thermal scope is still not quite right though, because it should be exactly FOV 41 at 4:3.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k7jVpX782zoAIDGqj61l1Yw5qoPf1QVHpM01mwa-tTI/edit#gid=1

I'm guessing that's the datamined value? The data and reality doesn't add up in this game :) I did a few more tests and adjusted it by 0.01 degrees, measured both 360 and FOV within 1 count of the calculation now.

If 41 is used in the calculation the 360 distance will be off by about 6%.