Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Gas Station Simulator

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Mortal Shell

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Incursion Red River

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

ONCE HUMAN

Hipfire added, more aims to come. See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Picking an ADS sens

Hey all,

What's the verdict on picking an ADS sens? Is it best to have your hipfire and ADS 1:1? Or do you guys prefer to have your ADS scaled to 75% of your hipfire sense? Would love to hear everyone's thoughts and opinions about the topic. 

Edited by slime

There is no right answer. It literally comes down to you and your personal preference. All you can do is mess with it.

Me personally for example. I like to have my ADS sensitivity about half as fast as my Hipfire to allow accurate aiming at ranges.

So my Hipfire is 33cm/360 and my ADS is about 61cm/360. That's me personally but no doubt you're going to be different. 

Yeah I'm aware it comes down to preference. Currently, I'm using 75% of my hipfire for my ADS sens. The reason I ask is that whenever I'm warming up in Aim Hero & Aimtastic, I always am training my hipfire sens instead of my ADS. Does that mean I may be better off using 1:1? I wish I could emulate my ADS sens and settings in Aim Hero/Aimtastic. 

4 hours ago, slime said:

Care to elaborate a little more? I appreciate it btw. 

0% is a direct conversion. It's the baseline, results in no change in sensitivity (not talking about the game sensitivity value here). You have to scale your mouse input proportionately with the change in image.

Since ADS is something you activate, and can zoom any amount within an instant, it can be preferable to amplify the sensitivity.

Viewspeed will make it feel the same before/after the zoom without changing mouse movement, so it is pretty much the max amplification you would want. Higher than this and it will feel like you are decreasing your hand movement after the ADS transition. Viewspeed sounds good, but the change in image will have you wanting to scale your input properly to some degree, and this conflict will result in bad aim.

If you do want any amplification, just go by feel as that will find your preference. No conversion necessary, as it is an arbitrary change in sensitivity.

Monitor distance match IMO is a useless conversion that results in a different arbitrary amplification for every FOV. A better idea would be to scale 0%, and then amplify it by a arbitrary amount. So every ADS in every game is going to be x % faster than the change in image. A constant amplification, triggered by the press of a button.

You could even go slower than 0% if you wanted to, to reduce the sensitivity for precision.

Since ADS is something you willingly trigger, you can get away with multiple sensitivities as the 'muscle memory' can be linked with that specific weapon. Just means you will have a lot of different 'muscle memory'.

My recommendation, do 0% conversion for everything. If it is uncomfortable scaling your mouse input by the change in image, which can be a big difference in an instant (like if you do like a 4x zoom, that's a 4x difference in mouse movement within a few milliseconds), then go by feel. Check how much you amplified the sensitivity by. Use that as a coefficient over 0% whenever you convert to ADS. My 2¢.

Edited by Drimzi
8 minutes ago, Drimzi said:

0% is a direct conversion. It's the baseline, results in no change in sensitivity (not talking about the game sensitivity value here). You have to scale your mouse input proportionately with the change in image.

Since ADS is something you activate, and can zoom any amount within an instant, it can be preferable to amplify the sensitivity.

Viewspeed will make it feel the same before/after the zoom without changing mouse movement, so it is pretty much the max amplification you would want. Higher than this and you are decreasing your hand movement after the ADS transition. Viewspeed sounds good, but the change in image will have you wanting to scale your input properly to some degree, and this conflict will result in bad aim.

If you do want any amplification, just go by feel as that will find your preference. No conversion necessary, as it is an arbitrary change in sensitivity.

Monitor distance match is basically a useless conversion that results in an arbitrary amplification, with a different amount for every FOV. A better idea would be to scale 0%, and then amplify it by a arbitrary amount. So every ADS in every game is going to be x % faster than the change in image. A constant amplification, triggered by the press of a button.

You could even go slower than 0% if you wanted to, to reduce the sensitivity for precision.

Since ADS is something you willingly trigger, you can get away with multiple sensitivities as the 'muscle memory' can be linked with that specific weapon. Just means you will have a lot of different 'muscle memory'.

My recommendation, do 0% conversion conversion for everything. If it is uncomfortable scaling your mouse input by the change in image, which can be a big difference in an instant (like if you do like a 4x zoom, that's a 4x difference in mouse movement within 200ms or so), then go by feel. Check how much you amplified the sensitivity by. Use that as a coefficient over 0% whenever you convert to ADS.

I appreciate the post man this was very insightful. Looks like I have a lot more learning to do when it comes to sensitivity conversions. I prefer for my ADS sense to be a bit slower than my hipfire for precision. Is it a good idea to use these settings to emulate my ADS? 

ss (2018-09-10 at 10.09.14).png

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2018 at 3:56 AM, Drimzi said:

Viewspeed will make it feel the same before/after the zoom without changing mouse movement, so it is pretty much the max amplification you would want. Higher than this and it will feel like you are decreasing your hand movement after the ADS transition. Viewspeed sounds good, but the change in image will have you wanting to scale your input properly to some degree, and this conflict will result in bad aim.

Monitor distance match IMO is a useless conversion that results in a different arbitrary amplification for every FOV. A better idea would be to scale 0%, and then amplify it by a arbitrary amount. So every ADS in every game is going to be x % faster than the change in image. A constant amplification, triggered by the press of a button.

My recommendation, do 0% conversion for everything. If it is uncomfortable scaling your mouse input by the change in image, which can be a big difference in an instant (like if you do like a 4x zoom, that's a 4x difference in mouse movement within a few milliseconds), then go by feel. Check how much you amplified the sensitivity by. Use that as a coefficient over 0% whenever you convert to ADS. My 2¢.

Would you recommend using 0% with Monitor vertical or Monitor horizontal? I wanna give it a shot since I've seen you recommend it quite a lot. Cheers.