Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Gray Zone Warfare

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

World of Shooting

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Weird Suggestion For Viewspeed

Would it be at all possible, to add a sort of percentage to the Viewspeed.

For example, if I want my ADS sensitivity on a game to have 50% slower Viewspeed when I ADS compared to my Hipfire Viewspeed.

So basically you would select if you want your conversion to be 100% the same Viewspeed or some other number.

Would this be possible? Or even if I could achieve the same effect using the current version of the calculator.

I understand you can do something similar using 360 Distance but since that won't account for FOV changes and all that joyful stuff. I feel like this could be pretty neat to have.

I don't know if I understood you correctly but this could probably be done with monitor matching. If I recall correctly Viewspeed tends to be fairly similar to monitor matching (horizontal) at somewhere around 60-70% so if you'd want your sensitivity to scale lower the more you zoom in you could use a lower percentage than that or vice versa if you for some reason wanted it faster?

If you wanted to scale the viewspeed formula...

Instead of viewspeed scaling the sensitivity/circumference (not the sensitivity value since its not always linear) by: sin(fovB * pi/360)/sin(fovA * pi/360)

You would want to scale both FOVs by a multiplier. 1 would equal viewspeed, 0 would equal tangent scaling.

You can scale the fovs like this: (360 arctan(multiplier * tan(fov * pi/360)))/pi

Here is a simple calculator I whipped up for you.

• Mult = Multiplier for viewspeed. e.g. 0.5 = 50%
  • FovA = Input game's fov
  • AspectA = Input game's fov aspect ratio/measurement (1 = vertical, 4/3 = horizontal 4:3, 16/9 = horizontal 16:9, etc)
  • DistA = Input game's circumference (distance to rotate 360 degrees)
  • FovB = Output game's fov
  • AspectB = Output game's fov aspect ratio/measurement
  • DistB = Output game's circumference

Get the DistB value. Use mouse-sensitivity.com's calculator in 'Convert Distance' mode, put in the distance, and it will tell you the sensitivity value.

Hmmm, not quite what I was looking. Maybe I can give some context and it will help. The Multiplier doesn't quite have the effect I was hoping for.

What I'm looking to do is take my Hipfire on BF4 (About 33cm), and essentially make my ADS sensitivity on BF4 half as fast. 

Obviously, you can do this with 360 distance quite easily by taking the Hipfire distance and multiplying it by 2. But I was looking to take into account the 7 - 10 degrees of FOV difference as well. In essence, giving my ADS sensitivity 1/2 the actual Viewspeed as my hipfire. The way I was thinking of it. Was that instead of having a 1:1 Viewspeed conversion between the two, it would rather take that Viewspeed and half it essentially as if it was converting 1:2 Viewspeed if that makes any sense.

Since my Hipfire has 33cm/360, I'm thinking my ADS sensitivity should end up around the 65-75cm area after taking into account the FOV change.

I think I got what I was looking for by doing the following.

• Get Hipfire 360 distance via Calculator which came out as 33.2485cm/360.
  • Multiple by 2 = 66.497cm/360
  • Input new 360 distance into the calculator as the Hipfire sensitivity distance.
  • Set output as the ADS sight I wanted. Convert with Viewspeed.

Calculator ended up looking like that. It looks about right in theory at least. Bearing in mind I have very limited knowledge about how this all works. I just use the calculator after all. 

Capture.PNG

Edited by Fluvio
Think I worked it out.

My method does what you are describing. If you keep the same viewspeed, your mouse input does not change relatively before and after the ADS transition. If you don't keep the viewspeed, your mouse input changes proportionately with the change in image, which is no change in sensitivity at all. Equal 360° distance at different FOV does not equal no change in sensitivity.

I messed around with the formula and managed to work out how to mathematically show you what I was wanting.

Equation.PNG.25d94020e6127223f405fd1e004f6cdc.PNG

That way, I could essentially set a percentage of the actual raw viewspeed. So if I wanted it to be 100% Viewspeed. I would set it as such:

1.PNG.47da1cf658e5f3fdfa5f4f8a18df713a.PNG

Or 50%. The one I was looking to achieve:

0.5.PNG.b44261e1c6b6cc88f02861e153e1e3f1.PNG

I wanted my 360 distance to be double my Hipfire. But I also wanted to be able to account for the changes in FOV. 

Here's the edited version if you wanna mess with it https://www.desmos.com/calculator/q2s8znei3l

All I changed was the final equation. Thank you for giving me that as it really helped me make sense of the calculation and really helped me visualise what I was trying to change. 

Edited by Fluvio
9 minutes ago, MuntyYy said:

I would suggest you to stop trying to find your "perfect" method, and simply stick with 00%. Any other percentage/ method would only provide you "that much", you will be limited, hindered of actually improving.

Again, I'm well aware of the apparent disadvantages of not using Viewspeed or Monitor distance exactly. However for me personally, my Hipfire is comfortable around 30-36cm/360 but for ADS'ing comfortably, I like 55-75cm/360. So using Viewspeed doesn't really work for me. And merely eyeballing it feels like a half measure.

Hence the point of this post. I wanted to find an exact measurement for something that the calculator was not built to provide, I'm well aware of the supposed negatives, however for me personally. Running around with a 36cm/360 ADS sensitivity just doesn't work. Likewise, running around with a 50cm/360+ Hipfire sensitivity would not work either.

Which are exactly what I'd need to run around with in order to utilise the Viewspeed and Monitor Distance calculators properly as you suggested. It simply doesn't work for me personally and therefore I went looking for a solution. Which I have found thanks to Drimzi and some tinkering.

Edited by Fluvio
7 minutes ago, MuntyYy said:

Anything bellow 40 cm/360 should work quite well with 0% mm. You said you want your ads sens to be about 70cm ? on what FOV ?

Hipfire FOV: 106.25 horizontal

ADS FOV: 99.57 horizontal.

Hipfire 360 is 33cm/360

Both Monitor and Viewspeed give out around 35-37cm/360 for ADS due to the small difference in FOV. Hence why I need an alternative to suit myself personally. 

And as I said already, throwing random numbers into the ADS sensitivity slider in game bugs me and feels like it's sort of half-assed for lack of a better phrase. So I wanted to find myself a mathematical solution, or hopefully get the calculator modified to accommodate what I was looking for.

Since Drimzi gave me the equation used, I could modify it till it worked the way I was wanting it to. Got it in the end.

Edited by Fluvio

We share the same hipfire sensitivity. However I've used to play for an extensive amount of time with 104cm @00 %mm. I then lowered my sensitivity to about 60/cm and proceeded into changing the match percentage altogether. That was a big mistake. I hope you do realize that, your ads FOV ( 99.57 fov ), if its not a typo - would only "work" for that certain game.  What conversion would you use for a noticeable change in FOV then ?

Just now, Drimzi said:

What your doing is completely arbitrary, but I can make it even easier for you.

Convert using Viewspeed - Vertical. However, halve your CPI for the input game, and use your actual CPI in the output game. You will get the sensitivity value that you are seeking.

Yeah, that works as well. I suspected there would be easier and faster ways to do it, just didn't know how to achieve them. Thank you very much for your help. 

Despite the apparent negativities of doing this. Feels really nice and accurate.

3 minutes ago, MuntyYy said:

We share the same hipfire sensitivity. However I've used to play for an extensive amount of time with 104cm @00 %mm. I then lowered my sensitivity to about 60/cm and proceeded into changing the match percentage altogether. That was a big mistake. I hope you do realize that, your ads FOV ( 99.57 fov ), if its not a typo - would only "work" for that certain game.  What conversion would you use for a noticeable change in FOV then ?

Since this conversion, in particular, is to set the ADS for my main game (BF4). For every other game I'll just Viewspeed the Hipfire across and then Viewspeed the ADS 1x scopes from BF4 onto everything else.