FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Gray Zone Warfare

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

World of Shooting

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Gas Station Simulator

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Question About Sensitivity

Hello,

So I play alot of Rainbow Six Siege, it seems like a good amount of Pros and Content Creators use a sensitivity where their hip-fire is a 1 to 1 ratio with their ads, which are the irons sights/ 1x sights. I have always struggled to find my personal own sensitivity. I can find my hip-fire because of CS:GO but not my ADS sensitivity. Alot of people say that I can just make my ads a 1 to 1 but I feel like I lose accuracy and consistency when its that high, 20.252 inches for a 360. Can anyone help or give advice on how to find the ads that would work for me? Also should I use a 1 to 1 sensitivity? I have in the past and it worked well in Siege and other games like PUBG and BF1. But when I played Fortnite it was too fast, so I lowered it, and now coming back to Siege that 1 to 1 sensitivity feels so fast. If someone could help or give advice I would greatly appreciate it. :)

Thank You

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Tiko said:

Hello,

So I play alot of Rainbow Six Siege, it seems like a good amount of Pros and Content Creators use a sensitivity where their hip-fire is a 1 to 1 ratio with their ads, which are the irons sights/ 1x sights. I have always struggled to find my personal own sensitivity. I can find my hip-fire because of CS:GO but not my ADS sensitivity. Alot of people say that I can just make my ads a 1 to 1 but I feel like I lose accuracy and consistency when its that high, 20.252 inches for a 360. Can anyone help or give advice on how to find the ads that would work for me? Also should I use a 1 to 1 sensitivity? I have in the past and it worked well in Siege and other games like PUBG and BF1. But when I played Fortnite it was too fast, so I lowered it, and now coming back to Siege that 1 to 1 sensitivity feels so fast. If someone could help or give advice I would greatly appreciate it. :)

Thank You

What is your conversion method?

Just now, Tiko said:

My fov in Siege is set to 90. Should I lower it to 80 to make it feel similar to my fortnite sens?

no Rainbow using Vfov you can't match your rainbow fov to fortnite because rainbow six's lowest Hfov is 91 try to convert your sensitivity %0monitor distance option you feel slower in fortnite but your crosshair movement is same.

Just now, Pyroxia said:

no Rainbow using Vfov you can't match your rainbow fov to fortnite because rainbow six's lowest Hfov is 91 try to convert your sensitivity %0monitor distance option you feel slower in fortnite but your crosshair movement is same.

Okay I will give that a shot. Thank you :)

9 minutes ago, Pyroxia said:

Quick question, would this method also work for other games like BO4? I converted my sens s few days ago to BO4 from Siege using the 360 Degrees method and it feels quicker on BO4 then it does on Siege. My BO4 FOV is set to 120 at the moment.

1 minute ago, Tiko said:

Quick question, would this method also work for other games like BO4? I converted my sens s few days ago to BO4 from Siege using the 360 Degrees method and it feels quicker on BO4 then it does on Siege. My BO4 FOV is set to 120 at the moment.

Basically You need to match your fov every game possible as u can. Some games using horizontal fov and others Vertical you need to match your fov closer than other game in calculator. Look at the image Battlefield 4 using Vertical fov I'm playing with 74 FOV in battlefield COD bo4 using Horizontal FOV this means I need to set my FOV in bo4 106 for closer settings. If u love faster ADS/ZOOM optics use ViewSpeed options for optics but calculate your 360 Sensitivity %0MM option every time and dont forget to match your fov other game.

Desktop Screenshot 2018.12.26 - 15.12.58.21.png

3 minutes ago, Pyroxia said:

Basically You need to match your fov every game possible as u can. Some games using horizontal fov and others Vertical you need to match your fov closer than other game in calculator. Look at the image Battlefield 4 using Vertical fov I'm playing with 74 FOV in battlefield COD bo4 using Horizontal FOV this means I need to set my FOV in bo4 106 for closer settings. If u love faster ADS/ZOOM optics use ViewSpeed options for optics but calculate your 360 Sensitivity %0MM option every time and dont forget to match your fov other game.

Desktop Screenshot 2018.12.26 - 15.12.58.21.png

I see okay thank you :) When would I use the 36p degree conversion? Is that for games that use the same type of fov?

Also in your picture I see you got the distance your mouse travels to be pretty much the same. For me the inches are sometimes pretty far apart.

Edited by Tiko
1 minute ago, Tiko said:

I see okay thank you :) When would I use the 36p degree conversion? Is that for games that use the same type of fov?

Correct. If both games using same Fov you can use 360 but you dont need to use this option %0mm gave you same settings both games like 360. Sorry about my bad english this is not my main language.

1 minute ago, Pyroxia said:

Correct. If both games using same Fov you can use 360 but you dont need to use this option %0mm gave you same settings both games like 360. Sorry about my bad english this is not my main language.

Not a problem you have been super helpful. Plus its not even that bad haha. I have a screenshot of me trying to convert my sens to BO4 and I am struggling. I can't match the fov unless i was to drop my Siege fov to 65

Screenshot_20181226-042520_Samsung Internet.jpg

2 minutes ago, Tiko said:

Not a problem you have been super helpful. Plus its not even that bad haha. I have a screenshot of me trying to convert my sens to BO4 and I am struggling. I can't match the fov unless i was to drop my Siege fov to 65

Screenshot_20181226-042520_Samsung Internet.jpg

You need to choose hipfire and all options in "Aim" this is your ADS fov.

11 hours ago, Pyroxia said:

You need to choose hipfire and all options in "Aim" this is your ADS fov.

Hello, so I did what you said, to use the "All ADS" option and I got my sens, but if I was to put it into the calculator to see what the distance of travel is for my mouse it says its like 35inches which is not the same as my Siege, does this mean it will feel much slower or will it feel the same as my Siege sens because of the FOV?

39 minutes ago, Tiko said:

Hello, so I did what you said, to use the "All ADS" option and I got my sens, but if I was to put it into the calculator to see what the distance of travel is for my mouse it says its like 35inches which is not the same as my Siege, does this mean it will feel much slower or will it feel the same as my Siege sens because of the FOV?

If u matched your sensitivity closer as u can your cm/360 much closer. Monitor distance %0 only matching your crosshair movement if I set my battlefield fov 74 and hipfire sens 16 in 400 dpi my cm/360=34.395 ıf I calculate my hipfire for any Hfov game my cm/360=34.7218 my mouse movement not same but crosshair movement same. This option covers your muscle memory I can't explain this detailed for you I learned everything from here maybe @Skidushe can give us correct info he is much more experienced than me.

27 minutes ago, Pyroxia said:

If u matched your sensitivity closer as u can your cm/360 much closer. Monitor distance %0 only matching your crosshair movement if I set my battlefield fov 74 and hipfire sens 16 in 400 dpi my cm/360=34.395 ıf I calculate my hipfire for any Hfov game my cm/360=34.7218 my mouse movement not same but crosshair movement same. This option covers your muscle memory I can't explain this detailed for you I learned everything from here maybe @Skidushe can give us correct info he is much more experienced than me.

Okay thank you for explaining but for me if I get the sensitivity to match I have to change my FOV for example from Siege to Black Ops I have to put it at 65 FOV on Siege for it to match in Black Ops. Or if I get my FOV to match then the mouse distance travel is completely different. Siege is 20 inches while Black Ops is 33 inches

9 hours ago, Tiko said:

Okay thank you for explaining but for me if I get the sensitivity to match I have to change my FOV for example from Siege to Black Ops I have to put it at 65 FOV on Siege for it to match in Black Ops. Or if I get my FOV to match then the mouse distance travel is completely different. Siege is 20 inches while Black Ops is 33 inches

only match your fov if u matched your fov this high cm/360 range impossible probably you are doing something wrong. My r6 fov set 74 (r6 scaling Vfov) If I want to transfer my sensitivity jn Black ops 4 I need to set my bo4 fov 106 because game scaling horizontal fov. this makes my crosshair movement same I can track targets both games and my mouse movement so close for both game. My R6 34.395cm/360 calculated 34.7218/360 for bo4.

9 minutes ago, Pyroxia said:

only match your fov if u matched your fov this high cm/360 range impossible probably you are doing something wrong. My r6 fov set 74 (r6 scaling Vfov) If I want to transfer my sensitivity jn Black ops 4 I need to set my bo4 fov 106 because game scaling horizontal fov. this makes my crosshair movement same I can track targets both games and my mouse movement so close for both game. My R6 34.395cm/360 calculated 34.7218/360 for bo4.

I must be doing something wrong. Sorry for troubling you with this. I will try to figure it out. I think I might have figured it out though. I had iron sights on in BO4 and that is faster then reflex sight but im assuming that the irons/elo sight has not been added to the calculator yet. I also did not know that the pistol iron sights were even faster then the AR irons sights for example.

1 minute ago, Tiko said:

I must be doing something wrong. Sorry for troubling you with this. I will try to figure it out. I think I might have figured it out though. I had iron sights on in BO4 and that is faster then reflex sight but im assuming that the irons/elo sight has not been added to the calculator yet. I also did not know that the pistol iron sights were even faster then the AR irons sights for example.

You cant match your scope fov any game. only need to match your fov for hipfire every game uses different fov for ads/scopes.

4 minutes ago, Tiko said:

I must be doing something wrong. Sorry for troubling you with this. I will try to figure it out. I think I might have figured it out though. I had iron sights on in BO4 and that is faster then reflex sight but im assuming that the irons/elo sight has not been added to the calculator yet. I also did not know that the pistol iron sights were even faster then the AR irons sights for 

Read this guide for answers

53 minutes ago, Tiko said:

Okay thank you. But what about my ads sensitivity? Should I put it to 360 conversion or leave it as it is in the photo?

Because different games have different FOV's you can't match the sensitivity 1:1 as you aim to. It's mathematically impossible. So you should aim to make the FOV's between games as similar as possible even if it can't be the same. Then convert from your best aim game to them. From what you've written, I'd assume that's CS:GO.

Unless you do use the 360 distance converter the 360 distance will be different for all FOV's which aren't identical. Why? Well because we try get muscle memory around the crosshair so you can aim your best in the games you convert to even if the 360 distance is different. We recommend 0% monitor distance matching, but there are other options available in the calculator because it's what other games use and some people are more used to them and don't want to switch over to 0% monitor distance matching.

If you want to try that the top bar should look like this:

71404906_Screenshot2018-12-27at12_00_57pm.thumb.png.25c54e419034784080e35e54980ac82a.png

Yes, the scopes will feel slow at first but if you use this consistently you'll get used to it and should feel good. But you could also set it to other settings if you prefer them from other games.

I'm not going to put any more detail here as i'd just be re-writing the guide I've already written but I can hopefully answer your questions.

Also I'd recommend setting your FOV's in games down to ~103 HFOV (16:9) or ~70 VFOV (16:9) as it will stop the jump between games like CS:GO be less jarring

16 hours ago, Skidushe said:

Because different games have different FOV's you can't match the sensitivity 1:1 as you aim to. It's mathematically impossible. So you should aim to make the FOV's between games as similar as possible even if it can't be the same. Then convert from your best aim game to them. From what you've written, I'd assume that's CS:GO.

Unless you do use the 360 distance converter the 360 distance will be different for all FOV's which aren't identical. Why? Well because we try get muscle memory around the crosshair so you can aim your best in the games you convert to even if the 360 distance is different. We recommend 0% monitor distance matching, but there are other options available in the calculator because it's what other games use and some people are more used to them and don't want to switch over to 0% monitor distance matching.

If you want to try that the top bar should look like this:

71404906_Screenshot2018-12-27at12_00_57pm.thumb.png.25c54e419034784080e35e54980ac82a.png

Yes, the scopes will feel slow at first but if you use this consistently you'll get used to it and should feel good. But you could also set it to other settings if you prefer them from other games.

I'm not going to put any more detail here as i'd just be re-writing the guide I've already written but I can hopefully answer your questions.

Also I'd recommend setting your FOV's in games down to ~103 HFOV (16:9) or ~70 VFOV (16:9) as it will stop the jump between games like CS:GO be less jarring

Hello, thank you for the help. My main game is Rainbow Six Siege. My hip-fire is easy to find it is the ads sensitivity for other games that does not make sense to me. How do I find what my ads sensitivity should be from lets say Siege to BO4?