Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

Same game different DPI & mouse

So I got a new mouse (Zowie S2 Divina) and I was using a Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum. On my G900 I played Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege with a 70sens with 83 ADS sens at a multiplier of 0.002230. I tried to use the calculator but it wouldn't calculate the sens since I guess I was using the same game in the calculator? I don't know. Anyways if anyone could help me calculate it properly based on DPI for the same game that would be helpful. Thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, can you not keep the same DPI on the new mouse?

Seocndly, the calculator should be able to do this. Put in all your old settings then select the same game again and put in all the same settings again with the new DPI and leave out the sensitivity.

Failing this, if the game stops you moving at 0 sensitivity you can just multiply your sens by the inverse of your DPI change:

If your DPI went from 400->800

sensitivity halves

If your DPI went from x->y

new sens = old sens * (x/y)

11 hours ago, Skidushe said:

Firstly, can you not keep the same DPI on the new mouse?

Seocndly, the calculator should be able to do this. Put in all your old settings then select the same game again and put in all the same settings again with the new DPI and leave out the sensitivity.

Failing this, if the game stops you moving at 0 sensitivity you can just multiply your sens by the inverse of your DPI change:

If your DPI went from 400->800

sensitivity halves

If your DPI went from x->y

new sens = old sens * (x/y)

No, I cannot keep the same DPI because the new mouse doesn't come with software to do that

When I leave the calculator with a blank sens it defaults to 50. It has 50 in a grey text which it defaults to.

The lowest I can put my sens to is 1 not 0 but even then it really really slow. Like I have to move my mouse across my 3ft mouse pad to turn almost 90 degrees. 

I tried your conversion equation and it put my new sens to 78. It felt a little to fast so I lowed it to 75 and it feels close to the same. 

From here is a good starting point. I can always adjust if needed. Thanks for the help.

2 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

Enter a different DPI for the game you are converting to and this should work.

image.png

So when I do this it changes some numbers like XfactorAiming and I'm not too sure about what that does. If I went into my settings files and changed them to this would this give me the most accurate conversion? Even better than the way the other person who replied to his thread recommended? 

• Wizard
Just now, MrTaccoLord said:

So when I do this it changes some numbers like XfactorAiming and I'm not too sure about what that does. If I went into my settings files and changed them to this would this give me the most accurate conversion? Even better than the way the other person who replied to his thread recommended? 

You will get the same result as the manual method Skidushe suggested, but the calculator does everything for you :)

Xfactor is the ADS/Scope sensitivity, but you actually don't have to change that from what you have today, just change the MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit value as this will affect the ADS/scope too.

4 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

You will get the same result as the manual method Skidushe suggested, but the calculator does everything for you :)

Xfactor is the ADS/Scope sensitivity, but you actually don't have to change that from what you have today, just change the MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit value as this will affect the ADS/scope too.

Okay, thank you for the clarification. And thank you for your help. :)