Read more...

DUCKSIDE

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

Calcium Contract

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

Containment Zone

See the game notes for instructions on how to set the sensitivity.
Read more...

Modern Warships

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the registry calculation for best accuracy.
Read more...

What does "match at %" mean?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wizard

No, 25% is just an example. It's personal preference where it feel best to match it. 1% means small movements around the crosshair will be the same, while 100% means larger movements to the edge of the monitor will be the same. 75% is the standard in many games between hipfire and scopes.

If you're unsure, try with 75% first, and see how that feels.

• Wizard

So there isn't a setting that would make it 1:1?

That's the problem, it's impossible to make it 1:1 on the entire screen when converting from 2D to 3D, or even between different FOV's in the same game. So you have to choose where on the monitor you want it to be 1:1. This doesn't mean everything else except that point will be completely off, but it will drift slightly out of 1:1 at any other point of the monitor.

That's the problem, it's impossible to make it 1:1 on the entire screen when converting from 2D to 3D, or even between different FOV's in the same game. So you have to choose where on the monitor you want it to be 1:1. This doesn't mean everything else except that point will be completely off, but it will drift slightly out of 1:1 at any other point of the monitor.

Dammit. Well if it was 3D to 3D then it still wouldn't be 1:1?

If I am using a 21:9 instead of a 16:9 Display should I still match it to 75% or another value? (You said 75% is standard in most games)

21:9 has 33% more vertical screen space, so 75x1.333 = 100%

So would 100% on 21:9 be better to achieve the same feeling as 75% on 16:9? Or just leave it?

Edited by WhoCares?
  • Wizard

If I am using a 21:9 instead of a 16:9 Display should I still match it to 75% or another value? (You said 75% is standard in most games)

21:9 has 33% more vertical screen space, so 75x1.333 = 100%

So would 100% on 21:9 be better to achieve the same feeling as 75% on 16:9? Or just leave it?

To correct myself, a lot of games have 100% match in 4:3 resolution, which equals 75% in 16:9 and ~57% in 21:9.

So match at 55% to mimic this in 21:9 :)

To correct myself, a lot of games have 100% match in 4:3 resolution, which equals 75% in 16:9 and ~57% in 21:9.

So match at 55% to mimic this in 21:9 :)

so do bf1 and csgo bot use match at 75% screen distance for the scopes then? I'm just trying to get a sensitivity for the acog on rainbow six siege that would have the same ratio as those 2 games.