Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS (PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds)

• Wizard
1 minute ago, Chase said:

Well if I would calculate and used the 1st person normal would it even be the same if I used 3rd person in game because the different fov's or how does that work.

1st and 3rd person will always match to 100% Monitor Distance, which makes them feel similar regardless of FOV.

4 hours ago, Drimzi said:

1st person hip, targeting = whatever you set it to

3rd person hip, targeting & vehicle driver = 80

scoping = 70

scope 2x = 80/1.8

scope 4x = 80/4

scope 8x = 80/7.25

scope 15x = 80/12

Okay, so the magnification calculations in my spreadsheet are correct then, because the third person Scoping and Scope 2x/4x/8x/15x are relative to FOV 80 and the first person ones are relative to the chosen FpsCamearFov. Thanks

Hello again !

Now that  there is a fov slider and there is changes on PUBG how is the best way to convert from Overwatch to PUBG?

In Overwatch I´m using :  1600 dpi / 6 sens in game  and 38 sens for Ana/Widow Scope.

Is better to increase on PUBG the fov to maximum?

Thanks !.

On 7/30/2017 at 5:43 AM, Vols and Jezuz said:

Your sensitivities should all be the same since your zoom sensitivity ratio is 1, like this:

• Normal: 0.010890
  • VehicleDriver: 0.010890
  • Targeting: 0.010890
  • Scoping: 0.010890
  • Scope2X: 0.010890
  • Scope4X: 0.010890
  • Scope8X: 0.010890
  • Scope15X: 0.010890

I agree that the zoomed sensitivities feel really high when scaling with zoom sensitivity ratio 1. I would suggest that you experiment with lowering it in CS:GO, which would also make the PUBG scopes less sensitive, relatively, using my method. Maybe start with 0.978753, which is the ratio you get if you convert CS:GO Hipfire to AWP zoom level 1 using viewspeed conversion. I think around 0.9 is a really good compromise that still allows you to make all the reasonable flicks you need to make, but still not so fast that it feels out of control.

Hi There,

Ex Cevo-P CS player here 1.15 Sense / 800DPI / Zoom Sense 1.0

I have found the following.

(MouseSensitiveName="Normal",LastConvertedMouseSensitivity=0.011386)

360 Degree  match (For Flicks under pressure in normal view, feels identical to playing CSGO DM for turning around)

(MouseSensitiveName="VehicleDriver",LastConvertedMouseSensitivity=0.011386)

360 Degree  match (Same as before)

(MouseSensitiveName="Targeting",LastConvertedMouseSensitivity=0.008032)

This is viewspeed match in the mouse-sensitivity calculator for 'targeting' which matches 1.15 hipfire in CSGO (Fast pistol work at say the school then feels the same as CSGO, for right click hold and shoot)

(MouseSensitiveName="Scoping",LastConvertedMouseSensitivity=0.007876)

This is viewspeed conversion from 1.15 CSGO to PUBG 'Scoping'. This felt sharp and flicky on red dot etc like playing CSGO DM. I Then copied this speed to all other scope levels, as what you were saying was that the scaling for PUBG scopes was the same as Zoom_Sense_Ratio 1.0 in CSGO. This does feel pretty correct.

(MouseSensitiveName="Scope4X",LastConvertedMouseSensitivity=0.007876)

(MouseSensitiveName="Scope8X",LastConvertedMouseSensitivity=0.007876)

(MouseSensitiveName="Scope15X",LastConvertedMouseSensitivity=0.007876)

(MouseSensitiveName="Scope2X",LastConvertedMouseSensitivity=0.007876)

Vols and DPI Wizard, does this sound correct to get;

The same targeting aim as 1.15 in csgo hipfire and then the same scope feeling from awping in csgo as well that scales across all the scope numbers? It feels OK. I am used to 10 years of csgo awping, so matching all speeds to be equal to 1.15 viewspeed isn't right, as the awp actually aims slightly faster when zoomed in relative to view speed as stated by vols.

Also DPI Wizard, is the reason your values keep changing for each scope is because you try and maintain the same sense at all scope levels, whereas CSGO actually changes the sense to slightly faster in a viewspeed comparison as you zoom in? Confusing.

Cheers

Snook_

Edited by Snook_

Okay I've simplified the spreadsheet for converting CS:GO sensitivity to PUBG while utilizing the same scoping sensitivity behavior from CS:GO. The only boxes that require your input are now outlined with a dotted box. Here are the steps now:

1) In the calculator, change "Units" to "Cm" and choose "Counter-Strike: Global Offensive" from "Select a game", then enter your CS:GO sensitivity under "Sensitivity 1" and your DPI under "DPI".

2) Download a copy of the spreadsheet and enter the green "360° rotation:" from the calculator into the dotted box for "CS:GO cm per 360°:" in the spreadsheet.

3) In the spreadsheet, fill in the dotted boxes corresponding to your CS:GO "zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse:" and PUBG "FpsCamearFov:".

4) In the calculator, change the third selection box from "Sensitivity" to "Distance", choose "PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Config File)" for the game selection, and choose "Hipfire (3rd person)" under "Aim".

5) Copy the blue number under "Target 360° rotation (cm)" in the spreadsheet and paste it into the box under "Distance360°" in the calculator.

6) Copy the green number after "LastConvertedMouseSensitivity=" in the calculator, paste it into the blue, dotted box under "Matching sensitivity from calculator" in the spreadsheet, and the rest of the sensitivity values will be calculated for you.

7) If you are going to play games in 3rd person servers, use the values in the "3rd person server" table, and if you are going to play games in 1st person only servers, use the values in the "1st person only server" table.

A warning for using that spreadsheet, is that the Scoping/Scope 2x/4x/8x/15x sensitivities will be completely different for 3rd person servers and 1st person only servers if FpsCamearFov is anything other than 80. This is because they are obeying the CS:GO sensitivity scaling based on FOV, and the 3rd person sensitivities are scaled according to base FOV 80 while the 1st person only sensitivities are scaled according to a base FOV of your choosing (80 - 103). Unless they give us an option for scaling Scoping/Scope 2x/4x/8x/15x FOVs relative to FpsCamearFOV, your alternatives are as follows:

A.) Use FpsCamearFov 80, so that the sensitivities are all the same for 3rd person and 1st person only servers.

B.) Use FpsCamearFov of your choosing (presumably, 103) and get used to the Scoping/Scope 2x/4x/8x/15x sensitivities being different for 3rd person and 1st person only servers.

C.) Use FpsCamearFov of your choosing (presumably, 103) and only change the Normal and Targeting sensitivities in the config file when switching between 3rd person and 1st person only servers, keeping the Scoping/Scope 2x/4x/8x/15x sensitivities the same. So, you will have to pick between always using the 3rd person OR always using the 1st person only Scoping/Scope 2x/4x/8x/15x sensitivities. If you choose to always use the 3rd person Scoping/Scope 2x/4x/8x/15x sensitivities, the sensitivity scaling relative to FOV will be off when switching to/from 1st person on 1st person only servers; or, if you choose to always use the 1st person only Scoping/Scope 2x/4x/8x/15x sensitivities, the sensitivity scaling relative to FOV will be off when switching to/from 3rd person on 3rd person servers. The FOV-to-sensitivity scaling will remain correct for all the Scoping/Scope 2x/4x/8x/15x sensitivities, relative to each other, in either situation.

Edited by Vols and Jezuz

I have a hard time understanding and using this calculator. Could anyone help me get the right values for 1st person mode???  For 3rd/1st person mode the default 50 works fine for me.  

Dpi: 400

In BF4/1 I use: FoV 90 

Ingame sensitivity 10% 

Uniform soldier aiming: ON

100 FoV in PUBG

Sorry it's my first time using the calculator, but I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I wish to convert my sensitivity from CSGO to Battlegrounds.

CSGO

Resolution : 1400 x 1050 4:3 Stretched

Sens : 2.98

m_yaw : 0.18333

Battlegrounds

Resolution : 1680 x 1050 (Native)

I've attached a screenshot of the calculator settings I'm using, but I'm not sure if it's correct.

Edit : My goal is so that in both games, the same mouse movement correspond to the same distance on the monitor.

CSGO to Battlegrounds.PNG

Edited by ngoandbuns

I think you are misunderstanding what I am trying to accomplish with the spreadsheet. Suppose you are getting shot from 180° directly behind you. My instinct is going to be to snap to 180° with the exact same swipe distance that I would to 180° in CS:GO, because that sensitivity is so ingrained in me now.

So that is why I chose to match the Hipfire sensitivities based on CS:GO 360° rotation distance and disregard any discrepancy in FOV. Then, taking that Hipfire sensitivity and FOV as the base, the other sensitivities are scaled in the same manner as CS:GO scales its various zoomed sensitivities using zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse. Basically, that step is making the assumption that the player is used to CS:GO's zoomed sensitivity scaling, however imperfect it may be.

I certainly don't think this method will provide everyone with the best experience. But I can say that it is easily the best scaling method for retaining my ingrained snap angles from CS:GO hipfire, and then have the scoped sensitivities scale in a way that is intuitive for me. Whether I'm snapping 90°, halfway across the screen with a 4x scope, or tracking someone with a red dot during full auto firing, my method has translated perfectly for me time and again in PUBG. I've tried pretty much every plausible method that I've seen mentioned in this thread, including the various Viewspeed and Monitor matches. I expect that these other methods might work better for certain people, depending on whether they play generally high/medium/low sensitivities in games, whether they tend to use a faster snap-and-correct or a smoother, slower aiming method, etc.

As I discussed, my method has a big problem for retaining the core idea if you're switching from 3rd person servers to 1st person only servers. This would be solved if they would make the Scoping/Scope 2x/4x/8x/15x FOVs scale according to FpsCamearFov for 1st person only hipfire/targeting. In other words, it would be solved if they treated Scoping/Scope 2x/4x/8x/15x each as being a different FOV magnification based on the hipfire FOV, so that the ratio of scoped FOV to hipfire FOV was the same whether you were playing on an 80 FOV 3rd person server or a first person only server with 103 FpsCamearFov.

1 hour ago, Drimzi said:

Vols and Jezuz's spreadsheet. If the spreadsheet was trying to cater to csgo players that are use to the scaling they have chosen, then keeping the same 360 distance for 80 fov isn't going to achieve that. You would scale it from 106.26 fov to 80 fov using the scaling they are use to, that way it would replicate csgo if they were to theoretically add an 80 fov aim type.

First person and third person should have the same sensitivity as well, minus the normal and targeting sensitivities. If you make 80 fov have the same 360 as 106.26 fov, then you are throwing out the sensitivity for all the rest of the fov. As soon as someone scopes in to 8x, it's going to be insanely fast compared to AWP 2x zoom, even though they are similar fov, which makes the spreadsheet kind of useless.

Scale from 106.26 fov using the zoom scaling to every single pubg fov.

Would you mind dumbing this explanation down. I just want to replicate my Counter Strike GO sensitivity, and I want to know If I'm doing it right.

Sorry it's my first time using the calculator, but I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I wish to convert my sensitivity from CSGO to Battlegrounds.

CSGO

Resolution : 1400 x 1050 4:3 Stretched

Sens : 2.98

m_yaw : 0.18333

Battlegrounds

Resolution : 1680 x 1050 (Native)

I've attached a screenshot of the calculator settings I'm using, but I'm not sure if it's correct.

Edit : My goal is so that in both games, the same mouse movement correspond to the same distance on the monitor.

The problem is that when you are dealing with two different FOVs, then you cannot have the mouse movement correspond to the same distance on the monitor except for 1 point on the monitor. Anywhere closer to the middle than that point will be faster and anywhere farther from the middle than that point will be slower. So you have to pick which point on the monitor you want to match at. The Monitor Distance conversion in the calculator lets you do this. A "Match At" of 0% would be to match the sensitivity at the center of the screen, 50% would match halfway between the center of the screen and the edge of the screen, and 100% would match at the edge of the screen.

The Viewspeed conversion in the calculator is similar to this idea, but it calculates an "ideal" percentage to match at, which corresponds to perfect 2D->3D mouse movement conversion.

23 minutes ago, Drimzi said:

But it won't help anyone that is use to their csgo zoom scaling, since its scaling from 80 fov and not 106 fov. Zooming in to an identical fov will have drastically different results, hence the reason for your different 1st and 3rd person sensitivities. That is a prime example, with the 1st person results almost resembling csgo (103 fov vs 106), but then the third person has insanely fast scopes in comparison. As soon as the csgo player goes to use a scope its going to resemble a way higher zoom sensitivity value, not the one they want. Sensitivity is all based on field of views, different fovs can not have the same 360 distance.

Again, you are not understanding what I am trying to accomplish. I'm not trying to give the same sensitivity for the 4x scope's FOV of 20 that you would get for a scope with FOV of 20 in CS:GO. I'm trying to scale the 4x scope's sensitivity according to the same formula that CS:GO uses, which is simply scaling the 360° rotation distance according to the ratio of hipfire FOV divided by scoped FOV then dividing by  zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse, but based off of the PUBG's hipfire FOV, whether that 80 for 3rd person or 103 for 1st person. I know what you are saying about converting from CS:GO's FOV is correct, but that's not what I'm intending to do.

Edited by Vols and Jezuz
33 minutes ago, Drimzi said:

You need to pretend like csgo has a third person fov mode, that uses it's zoom sensitivity scaling, just like every other fov change in the game, and that there are new gun scopes with those same magnifications like in pubg. It's all scaled from the base fov, 90 4:3, or 106.26 16:9, using that fixed coefficient zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse.

I'm hoping that you will understand after reading my last post, but what you are describing is not what I'm trying to accomplish. All I'm using for conversion from CS:GO is the 360° rotation distance to PUBG Hipfire, and from that point on I could give a f**k what CS:GO's FOV is. All of my PUBG scoped sensitivities are just using CS:GO's method for scaling sensitivity based on FOV, but it is in no way related to CS:GO's actual FOV.

Edit: Here's why what you are describing would not work for me. To make things easy, let's say my 360° rotation distance in CS:GO is 46cm and my zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse is 0.9. Using your method, I would scale my 360° rotation distance for 3rd person, 80 FOV in PUBG like so: 46cm * 106.26° / (80° * 0.9) = ~68cm. So now, using your sensitivity, I'm in a PUBG game and someone starts shooting at me from 180° directly behind me. Well, I am so ingrained from CS:GO that when someone is 180° and I need to snap there in a panic, that I'm going to move my mouse half of my CS:GO 360° rotation distance, 23cm, to hit that 180°. But with your sensitivty, UH OH, I only turned 23cm / 68cm * 360° = ~122°. I'm nowhere near the 180° I was intending to turn, and I'm dead. That's why I convert CS:GO 360° rotation distance straight to PUBG Hipfire 360° rotation distance, ignoring FOV. Then, all the PUBG scoped sensitivities are sensibly scaled based off of that PUBG Hipfire 360° rotation distance and FOV, whether it is 80 for 3rd person or FpsCamearFov for 1st person only.

Now I can easily make a spreadsheet to do the method you are describing if you would like. I haven't because it's not a method I would personally use.

Edited by Vols and Jezuz
55 minutes ago, Vols and Jezuz said:

I'm hoping that you will understand after reading my last post, but what you are describing is not what I'm trying to accomplish. All I'm using for conversion from CS:GO is the 360° rotation distance to PUBG Hipfire, and from that point on I could give a f**k what CS:GO's FOV is. All of my PUBG scoped sensitivities are just using CS:GO's method for scaling sensitivity based on FOV, but it is in no way related to CS:GO's actual FOV.

Edit: Here's why what you are describing would not work for me. To make things easy, let's say my 360° rotation distance in CS:GO is 46cm and my zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse is 0.9. Using your method, I would scale my 360° rotation distance for 3rd person, 80 FOV in PUBG like so: 46cm * 106.26° / (80° * 0.9) = ~68cm. So now, using your sensitivity, I'm in a PUBG game and someone starts shooting at me from 180° directly behind me. Well, I am so ingrained from CS:GO that when someone is 180° and I need to snap there in a panic, that I'm going to move my mouse half of my CS:GO 360° rotation distance, 23cm, to hit that 180°. But with your sensitivty, UH OH, I only turned 23cm / 68cm * 360° = ~122°. I'm nowhere near the 180° I was intending to turn, and I'm dead. That's why I convert CS:GO 360° rotation distance straight to PUBG Hipfire 360° rotation distance, ignoring FOV. Then, all the PUBG scoped sensitivities are sensibly scaled based off of that PUBG Hipfire 360° rotation distance and FOV, whether it is 80 for 3rd person or FpsCamearFov for 1st person only.

Now I can easily make a spreadsheet to do the method you are describing if you would like. I haven't because it's not a method I would personally use.

The problem with that method tho is that the scopes feel INSANELY fast compared to CSGO.

That's why I matched PUBG 3rd person normal sense to 1st person 360 Degree turn speed of CSGO to have the 180 muscle memory when running around the map in normal free look, but then used mousesensitivity.com calculator to match viewspeed for the first scoped/targeted weapon modes and then used the same sense from then on as they all scale the same as csgo from that point on. This makes shooting feel like CSGO and turning quickly under pressure feel like csgo when unzoomed/normal.

This way when you right click, target or scope they feel the same as CSGO (Not lightning fast because they are matched off of an original 360 degree 1st vs 3rd person turn around distance as you have described I think :))

I think that is what Drimzi is trying to say.

Edited by Snook_

Yeah I understand what he is trying to say. The problem with matching PUBG Hipfire to 360° rotation distance and then matching the scoped speeds based off of CS:GO's FOV is that the mouse movement feels really whacky when changing from Hipfire to ADS or a scope. Say for instance you get caught off guard by someone running very close to you, and you start tracking them in 3rd person, then you switch to ADS to shoot at them, the mouse movement is suddenly wayyyy slower than you intuitively expect based off of the 3rd person tracking.

I guess we just have a fundamental disagreement that the scopes feel too fast with my method. They feel just as I expect them to personally.

Edited by Vols and Jezuz