Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS (PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds)

23 minutes ago, Creizai said:

I'm prolly over complicating it but if the standard view is 90 fov and the scopes are 80 fov by default.  I went with 103 on all but it makes me wonder if either my 103 fov should change the scopes to 93 or if I should keep the scopes to 80fov.

Use 80 FoV to calculate everything. Normal, VehicleDriver and Targeting are the only ones you need to calculate for higher FoVs from my understanding.

Hey guys,

I'm trying to convert my Overwatch settings for this game (see attachment)

I entered these values in "GameUserSettings.ini" for each "LastConvertedMouseSensitivity" (from normal to x15) (didn't touch the "MouseSensitivity" value)

With "viewspeed": Sens was lower than overwatch's

With "360 distance": sens was higher than overwatch's (I dunno the difference between these 2 options)

I tested the values in the lobby (before the game starts), I'm playing First person mode. What did I miss?

chrome_2017-09-11_19-58-45.png

I find the new viewspeed works perfectly for this game, you just have to choose between 3rd and first person. I think first person is much better for aiming and taking down targets and 3rd person is better for observing your surroundings. I converted everything for 1st person. It's actually ok to aim in 3rd person, but due to the scopes and stuff I just find it more natural to sit in first person.

I barely have played this game and I headshotted someone running at full speed at a sizable distance. This is not a testament to my skill, but a testament to how awesome keeping the same sensitivity in every game works. PubG, outside of recoil and gun distance, feels exactly the same aim wise as Battlefield 1 and CSGO and they all have pretty different FOVs.

Edited by Bryjoe
1 hour ago, mangozorus said:

Hey guys,

I'm trying to convert my Overwatch settings for this game (see attachment)

I entered these values in "GameUserSettings.ini" for each "LastConvertedMouseSensitivity" (from normal to x15) (didn't touch the "MouseSensitivity" value)

With "viewspeed": Sens was lower than overwatch's

With "360 distance": sens was higher than overwatch's (I dunno the difference between these 2 options)

I tested the values in the lobby (before the game starts), I'm playing First person mode. What did I miss?

chrome_2017-09-11_19-58-45.png

You should use Viewspeed (the viewspeed calc up top) or use Monitor Distance Match 75% if you use different FOVs.

As you can see, the FOV in Overwatch is 103 degrees compared to 90 degrees in PubG. This is not ideal. If you want to use 360 distance you should match FOVS, PUBG can scale up to Overwatch's FOV of 103 IIRC.

With how you calculated this, your 360 distance should, in fact, feel slower. Your mouse moves the same distance on the mouse pad, but the visual distance should feel slower because of the narrower FOV. In my opinion, matching 360 distance based on the same FOV is actually the best you can do. If you up your FOV to 103 in PUBG it won't feel  exactly the same it WILL be exactly the same.

Now that viewspeed exists, I prefer to just use Viewspeed to make it easier and not mess with FOV. The unfortunate side effect of messing with the default FOV in games is graphical glitches and occasionally reduced performance. I still think the "gold standard" is same 360 same FOV. 

Edited by Bryjoe
36 minutes ago, Bryjoe said:

You should use Viewspeed (the viewspeed calc up top) or use Monitor Distance Match 75% if you use different FOVs.

As you can see, the FOV in Overwatch is 103 degrees compared to 90 degrees in PubG. This is not ideal. If you want to use 360 distance you should match FOVS, PUBG can scale up to Overwatch's FOV of 103 IIRC.

With how you calculated this, your 360 distance should, in fact, feel slower. Your mouse moves the same distance on the mouse pad, but the visual distance should feel slower because of the narrower FOV. In my opinion, matching 360 distance based on the same FOV is actually the best you can do. If you up your FOV to 103 in PUBG it won't feel  exactly the same it WILL be exactly the same.

Now that viewspeed exists, I prefer to just use Viewspeed to make it easier and not mess with FOV. The unfortunate side effect of messing with the default FOV in games is graphical glitches and occasionally reduced performance. I still think the "gold standard" is same 360 same FOV. 

Thanks for your help. Like I said, I already tried viewspeed and the sens was lower than expected. I tried changing the fov to 103 but it's still not 1:1. I wanted to change all values using 360 and 103 fov but I'm confused since each time I select a different aim (scoping, targeting...) fov value is modified and I don't know if I must change it back to 103 or not...

23 minutes ago, mangozorus said:

Thanks for your help. Like I said, I already tried viewspeed and the sens was lower than expected. I tried changing the fov to 103 but it's still not 1:1. I wanted to change all values using 360 and 103 fov but I'm confused since each time I select a different aim (scoping, targeting...) fov value is modified and I don't know if I must change it back to 103 or not...

For scopes, use the new viewspeed or Monitor Distance 75% (almost the same, but not quite as good I don't think). Any scoped sensitivity in any game is a different FOV, so it needs to be matched via Viewspeed. Most games have some type of conversion for this already; if it's not listed in the settings it happens automatically based on a ratio of your hipfire. The game would feel "wrong" when scoping if there wasn't some type of conversion. (Obviously, if you're just using iron sights or something it wouldn't feel that different). A lot of games use 75% Monitor Distance, some use 0% Match. 0% match feels great around the crosshair, or when ADS but typically feels bad for movement and hipfire, 75% and Viewspeed should feel just "right" for most.

7 minutes ago, Drimzi said:

New viewspeed is in the alpha calculator. Aiming within the center of the screen should feel pretty much the same no matter what fov the game is at, but the 360 distance will increase as the fov decreases (zooms in), and decrease as the fov increases (zooms out), and the 360 will be the same if both games have equal fov.

If you judge the sensitivity by 180 swipes only, then convert using 360 distance instead. Rotation will be the same regardless of fov, and so zooming in will likely result in a sensitivity that is far too fast.

PUBG 3rd person has a really low FOV but since it is 3rd person, you could probably get away with using 360 distance for it without ruining the muscle memory in first person games, still convert viewspeed to first person aim types like scopes though.

The game uses 100% monitor match by default, so you can also try 100% conversion for all of your games.

Pick your poison really.

What he said. When I first found this site I just used distance 360. It wasn't really an issue as almost all games had a conversion for scopes built in. The sens was "close enough". 

I have found viewspeed/monitor distance to be vastly superior if the hip fire FOV is different, but it IS a preference.

Best scenario: match the hip fire FOV to your favorite game. Use viewspeed for scopes OR don't touch scopes and use the games conversion.

I like using default FOVs as I feel games are "meant to look" that way and sometimes it feels bad imo. For example: Playing quake champion and 103 FOV when its default is 130 feels bad, it feels slow even though if you convert it properly it's the same.

6 hours ago, Drimzi said:

New viewspeed is in the alpha calculator. Aiming within the center of the screen should feel pretty much the same no matter what fov the game is at, but the 360 distance will increase as the fov decreases (zooms in), and decrease as the fov increases (zooms out), and the 360 will be the same if both games have equal fov.

If you judge the sensitivity by 180 swipes only, then convert using 360 distance instead. Rotation will be the same regardless of fov, and so zooming in will likely result in a sensitivity that is far too fast.

PUBG 3rd person has a really low FOV but since it is 3rd person, you could probably get away with using 360 distance for it without ruining the muscle memory in first person games, still convert viewspeed to first person aim types like scopes though.

The game uses 100% monitor match by default, so you can also try 100% conversion for all of your games.

Pick your poison really.

Alpha calculator, that's news to me, now I get what "new viewspeed" means. I didn't  have many issues with other games using 360 even with different fovs, but the result for PUBG isn't ok. I'm playing first person.

9 hours ago, mangozorus said:

Alpha calculator, that's news to me, now I get what "new viewspeed" means. I didn't  have many issues with other games using 360 even with different fovs, but the result for PUBG isn't ok. I'm playing first person.

The pubG fov is 90, it's really not much different from Overwatch, so hipfire shouldn't feel that different. Again, if you are talking about scoped gameplay (this means any time you aim the gun, regardless of whether or not you actually have a scope on it) you have to match with viewspeed or don't use the calculator at all. Like Drimzi said, the game uses 100% match, so it already has this conversion built in.

I match PubG at 90 to my CSGO sens at 106.26 FOV. It feels the same. The "result" and calculation is the same for PubG, now the view model of the gun is unique in PubG, maybe that's why you think it's different? The viewmodel is consistent for a much lower FOV than it actually is.

I'm not sure why you're hellbent on 1:1, it will never be 1:1 for scoped gameplay, unless the games have the same FOV for the same zoom levels on them. The only way to get 1:1 is to match FOVs and 360 calculate the hipfire, and that is only 1:1 on hipfire. The scoped sens is based on what your hipfire is. In PUBG, it's 100%, which means it will be accurate for flicks on the edges of your widescreen monitor but less accurate closer to the middle.  There is no way to be perfectly accurate with aimed or scoped sensitivities.  You will need to use viewspeed for something that should feel good, if you don't like it, use the games built in conversion. (i.e. don't touch the scoped sensitivities)

Edited by Bryjoe

"Fixed a bug where FOV slider value would be improperly set inside of vehicles in FPP mode, regardless of FOV slider setting"

From the upcoming patch notes. So Vehicle sense might need an update. Defaults to 80 fov currently

Also a question using viewspeed. If I'm converting to "Targeting" I should set the FOV to the FOV I use, 103 not 90? I'm a little unsure what "Targeting" is? It that when you hold rmb?

• Wizard
11 minutes ago, Discopete said:

I play in CS GO 1024x768 black bars, is this PUBG sens accurate?

With black bars you should enter the native resolution of your monitor instead of the actual 4:3 resolution. The reason is that the calculator assumes 1024 is the  width of your monitor, and matches sensitivity based on this. If you played stretched it would be correct to enter the 4:3 resolution.

Note that the difference in FOV between these games might make PUBG feel very slow unless you match 360 distance. It's a personal preference however.

5 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

I think a lot of people prefer that yes. Monitor Distance/Viewspeed and 3rd person views are not really accurate since the distance to the targets vary depending on how far away they are.

Right, but viewspeed/Monitor Distance would be accurate with zoomed aiming over the shoulder or scoping etc?

They seem to have added some new values in to the config file . 

(MouseSensitiveName="Scope4X",MouseSensitivity=20.254257,LastConvertedMouseSensitivity=0.005085) 

With the MouseSensitivity=20.254257 thing being new , do i just change all the MouseSensitivity values to 50 and keep the lastconverted ones the same or does the MouseSensitivity setting not even matter ? 

• Wizard

It's always been there, but it's just causing problems.

When you set the sensitivity in-game to i.e. 20, the MouseSensitivity value in the file is set to 20.XXXXXX (instead of exactly 20). This is not the real sensitivity however, but rather converted to the actual sensitivity which in this case is 0.005085 (this conversion is not accurate either, but that's another story).

So what happens if you in your example only change the LastConvertedMouseSensitivity:

(MouseSensitiveName="Scope4X",MouseSensitivity=20.254257,LastConvertedMouseSensitivity=0.001234

Is that the real sensitivity is now 0.001234, but the in-game slider will still show 20. And if you change any setting in-game, the MouseSensitivity value will be read, converted and overwrite the LastConvertedMouseSensitivity back to 0.005085.

You can skip the whole MouseSensitivity part in the config file, but then all the sliders in-game will show 50.

It's a bit messy.