Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

2 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Unless someone knows and can chime in I need to check. The default ones are often unlisted in the game so I haven't added them.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing and it doesn't seem to be easily google searched. You have listed AX50 default scope zoom but not HDR.

• Wizard
51 minutes ago, Varatesh said:

Yeah, I noticed the same thing and it doesn't seem to be easily google searched. You have listed AX50 default scope zoom but not HDR.

Yeah, someone else asked for it a few days ago. Couldn't find anything on Google about that one either. I'll check the HDR a bit later today :)

If I understand this correctly, with these settings I should be getting the same mouse movement to cover the same amount of vertical\horizontal pixels for hipfire vs ADS correct? While testing to see if this is true it doesn't appear to be the case for me. Measuring the movement on my pad it appears my aim is less sensitive (moving fewer pixels for the same mouse distance) while ADS when compared to hipfire. I then plugged in what the numbers would be in the calculator to verify my settings for hipfire vs ADS, and it says I am good, but measuring this in game its not even close, it is off by over a little over an inch of on monitor distance. Am I doing something wrong here, or not understanding what should be happening?

For details on what I did to measure this, I would go into a custom game and aim at a spot on a wall with hipfire, then move my aim marker to the edge of the screen, place a marker where the mouse stopped on what was the edge of my screen and then I re-centered to my spot on the wall. I then would ADS, find the edge, move to that spot, and I always hit the marker before I get to that spot.

Edit: I checked into this a bit more, and it appears the below setting are both yielding the correct 360/cm distances for both Hipfire and SMG ADS, measured at roughly 30cm for hipfire, and 37cm for SMG ADS. I must be missing something on how this is supposed to be working... I am guessing I need to read the instructions again.

Edit 2: Ok, I have re-read the instructions, and think I have a better understanding about ADS and FoV, and it sounds like you can never get a real 1:1 pixel to pixel translation as FoV changes correct? So I guess my question now is are the default settings the best compromise\the best for aim consistency? In my case they are set to hipfire-360, windows/ads/scoped all the same at 0%/Scale 100%. Or am I still not understanding this all correctly? 🤣

Capture4.PNG

Edited by Litzner
18 hours ago, Litzner said:

If I understand this correctly, with these settings I should be getting the same mouse movement to cover the same amount of vertical\horizontal pixels for hipfire vs ADS correct? While testing to see if this is true it doesn't appear to be the case for me. Measuring the movement on my pad it appears my aim is less sensitive (moving fewer pixels for the same mouse distance) while ADS when compared to hipfire. I then plugged in what the numbers would be in the calculator to verify my settings for hipfire vs ADS, and it says I am good, but measuring this in game its not even close, it is off by over a little over an inch of on monitor distance. Am I doing something wrong here, or not understanding what should be happening?

For details on what I did to measure this, I would go into a custom game and aim at a spot on a wall with hipfire, then move my aim marker to the edge of the screen, place a marker where the mouse stopped on what was the edge of my screen and then I re-centered to my spot on the wall. I then would ADS, find the edge, move to that spot, and I always hit the marker before I get to that spot.

Edit: I checked into this a bit more, and it appears the below setting are both yielding the correct 360/cm distances for both Hipfire and SMG ADS, measured at roughly 30cm for hipfire, and 37cm for SMG ADS. I must be missing something on how this is supposed to be working... I am guessing I need to read the instructions again.

Edit 2: Ok, I have re-read the instructions, and think I have a better understanding about ADS and FoV, and it sounds like you can never get a real 1:1 pixel to pixel translation as FoV changes correct? So I guess my question now is are the default settings the best compromise\the best for aim consistency? In my case they are set to hipfire-360, windows/ads/scoped all the same at 0%/Scale 100%. Or am I still not understanding this all correctly? 🤣

Capture4.PNG

if you want the most consistent ads behavior using 0% for ads/ scopes is the play since it matches your cross hair   based on your fov

(translates well across zoom levels )

just  set your calc up this way

image.png.64c9f44b1f9feb71810baa7ae980fd4c.png

matching your fov across games is still recommended for the hipfire 360 distance

image.png.a63bcdbd4e07629a14b0d5720c97cf6b.png (use whatever fov you like , as long as all games you play can display said fov)

you dont have to match from game a hipfire to game a ads

just use the all option

image.png.583b8936808cf036452e232647cb99a6.png

just an example (my setup)

Do most people here play with their fps uncapped?

Capping the fps to 120 in game seems to the only way I can get my aim to feel consistent and the game to look visually smooth on my 240hz monitor. I guess maybe because the variation in frame rate when uncapped also means the frame times are inconsistent.

I've tried external fps limiters (rtss, nvidia frame cap) which cap the frame rate very accurately but they seem increase the input lag considerably.

6 minutes ago, ODSYViper said:

Do most people here play with their fps uncapped?

Capping the fps to 120 in game seems to the only way I can get my aim to feel consistent and the game to look visually smooth on my 240hz monitor. I guess maybe because the variation in frame rate when uncapped also means the frame times are inconsistent.

I've tried external fps limiters (rtss, nvidia frame cap) which cap the frame rate very accurately but they seem increase the input lag considerably.

https://www.youtube.com/user/xFPxAUTh0r1ty

https://blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101-input-lag-tests-and-settings/

im using gsync + nvdia low latency on ( max pre rendered frames set to 1)

1000hz mouse at 1600dpi with lowered win pointer speed

fps usually capped at around 150/180 ish on my 240 display for similar frame times  (highly hardware dependent  you can check you ideal value with rtss)

Edited by fortunate reee

I also have nvidia low latency on, 1000hz polling rate and 1600dpi.

Are you checking your average stable fps with rtss and using the in game limiter?

I am familiar with the blur busters guide although the one time I did try gsync I was using rtss to cap the framerate and the increased input lag was very noticeable (with my current settings/setup at least, its possible I was doing something wrong).  

7 minutes ago, ODSYViper said:

I also have nvidia low latency on, 1000hz polling rate and 1600dpi.

Are you checking your average stable fps with rtss and using the in game limiter?

I am familiar with the blur busters guide although the one time I did try gsync I was using rtss to cap the framerate and the increased input lag was very noticeable (with my current settings/setup at least, its possible I was doing something wrong).  

pretty much you just got to tweak your fps limiter to work give you soemwhat stable frame times then use gsync with the in game limiter ,games will never run exactly the same way and there will only be slight variances (and potetial fps drops stutters etc) if you set up gsync the right way it has more benefits than downsights .

i linked battle nonsens because he has a nice tutorial on how to set up rtss/ in game limiters 

37 minutes ago, fortunate reee said:

pretty much you just got to tweak your fps limiter to work give you soemwhat stable frame times then use gsync with the in game limiter ,games will never run exactly the same way and there will only be slight variances (and potetial fps drops stutters etc) if you set up gsync the right way it has more benefits than downsights .

i linked battle nonsens because he has a nice tutorial on how to set up rtss/ in game limiters 

Ok, I'll do some more tweaking and see if I can get gsync to work better for me.

Appreciate the insight.

5 minutes ago, MaCzO said:

Don't use frame limiter game works better with gsync without frame limit. On blurbusters there was whole topic about it. Even when you have 240hz monitor better is to have 300fps than 240fps limited by frame cap.

This defeats the whole purpose of gsync though. Without a frame limit if your fps goes above your monitors refresh rate then gsync is no longer active. So if you are getting 300fps with gsync on you aren't actually getting any of the benefits of gsync. Whats worse is if you have vsync on as well like they recommend you'll actually be getting higher input lag than having gsync + vsync off completely.

And battlenonsense demonstrated that GPU load >95% will cause spikes in input lag. You want steady low input lag. Gsync/freesync is not necessary if you have stable 144+ fps. Tearing is minimal at high refreshrates.

Edited by Varatesh
On 10/26/2019 at 10:30 AM, Guest ZSfGuBcu said:

no not even close to 360 distance , if you use 0.818933 then you will get the same FEELING with the first level of the zoom with awps and guns like that . it is far far slower when it comes to 360 distance . the 0.8189 is MDH 0% meaning fine adjustments and good tracking . 

quoting an old post here but just so i understand this right: what would be the equivalent COD setting to the 0.818933 csgo zoomsens? i want all my scopes to feel the exact same in cod. i assume its the monitor coefficient setting in cod? what value?

thanks

1 hour ago, gbtg said:

quoting an old post here but just so i understand this right: what would be the equivalent COD setting to the 0.818933 csgo zoomsens? i want all my scopes to feel the exact same in cod. i assume its the monitor coefficient setting in cod? what value?

thanks

Set coefficient to 0

So I can't believe I'm still struggling with this and I really want to learn/understand. I feel like something is off with the calculator, fov or mouse input. When I'm converting to MW from cod2 and it gives me the value for 360 hipfire distance it gives a distance of 7 inches. When I physically measure the distance in cod2 it comes out to about 5.8 inch distance, not 7. The mw physical distance seems true to the calculator distance. So I have to make the sensitivity a higher value in MW to match 360 hip distance in cod2 (5.8) which means it doesn't line up with what the calculator is telling me anymore if that makes sense. Also I'm one of those weirdos that likes to play with raw input OFF, and there's no way to adjust that is there? I'm thinking maybe that's the discrepancy instead of the calculator. Side note, fov is 80 in cod2 and 96.42 in MW and mdh is 75%. I also have a feeling that maybe I should disregard physical 360 hipfire distance because it may be different between games but have the same sensitivity feel?

Screenshot_20200421-123752.png

Edited by grd0
  • Wizard
24 minutes ago, grd0 said:

Also I'm one of those weirdos that likes to play with raw input OFF, and there's no way to adjust that is there?

This is the issue I guess. Unless you have both seta cl_mouseAccel "0" and seta m_filter "0" there will be acceleration, and the problem is that sensitivity can't be calculated with acceleration on. The distance you get will vary depending on how fast you move your mouse and DPI etc.

2 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

This is the issue I guess. Unless you have both seta cl_mouseAccel "0" and seta m_filter "0" there will be acceleration, and the problem is that sensitivity can't be calculated with acceleration on. The distance you get will vary depending on how fast you move your mouse and DPI etc.

I do play with Accel but prior to calculating/measuring distance I turn off all Accel/enhance pointer precision/in game filter/smoothing/Accel. I've been PC gaming for 20+ years and have always been opposite of everyone else in regard to Accel and raw mouse input and the like. Im a high sensitivity player. I've tried many times switching over to what everyone else says is "correct" but you can't teach this old dog new tricks I guess haha.

• Wizard
Just now, grd0 said:

I do play with Accel but prior to calculating/measuring distance I turn off all Accel/enhance pointer precision/in game filter/smoothing/Accel. I've been PC gaming for 20+ years and have always been opposite of everyone else in regard to Accel and raw mouse input and the like. Im a high sensitivity player. I've tried many times switching over to what everyone else says is "correct" but you can't teach this old dog new tricks I guess haha.

That's one way of doing at, getting the base calculated and just let the accel do what it does. Raw input off is another thing though, it can just make the input registration unstable.

51 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

That's one way of doing at, getting the base calculated and just let the accel do what it does. Raw input off is another thing though, it can just make the input registration unstable.

So to reiterate, since cod2 raw input is off and MW is on that is the issue most likely changing the 360 distance? I'm thinking it must be  because everything else is the same but my aim just feels so much more crisp in cod2 and mw feels okay but it doesn't give me that "mouse is an extension of my hand" feel. I wish IW would let us change that setting like most games so I can verify.

Thanks for your help really means a lot.

Edited by grd0

o4Rmiii.pngCan someone

Can someone help me converting my pubg sens to Cod:WZ?. I feel when I switch from hipfire to ads or scope, it doesn't feel as smooth as it should be (keeping the same mouse movement without accel or deacel)

I play with 43 (All)
DPI: 800
FOV: 103 (Same as WZ)

Cheers.

Edited by RoDeRinG
11 hours ago, RoDeRinG said:

o4Rmiii.pngCan someone

Can someone help me converting my pubg sens to Cod:WZ?. I feel when I switch from hipfire to ads or scope, it doesn't feel as smooth as it should be (keeping the same mouse movement without accel or deacel)

I play with 43 (All)
DPI: 800
FOV: 103 (Same as WZ)

Mouse Sensitivity 5.7727
Monitor Distance Coefficient 1.78
ADS Sens. Multiplier (Low Zoom) 1.00 (Handgun Iron Sight / Reflex)
ADS Sens. Multiplier (Low Zoom) 1.00 (Shotgun Iron Sight / Reflex)
ADS Sens. Multiplier (Low Zoom) 1.00 (SMG Iron Sight / Reflex)
ADS Sens. Multiplier (Low Zoom) 1.00 (AR & LMG Iron Sight / Reflex)
ADS Sens. Multiplier (Low Zoom) 1.00 (Marksman Rifle Iron Sight / Reflex)
ADS Sens. Multiplier (Low Zoom) 1.00 (Holo Sights)
ADS Sens. Multiplier (Low Zoom) 1.00 (3.0X (Variable Zoom - AR))
ADS Sens. Multiplier (High Zoom) 1.00 (3.25X)
ADS Sens. Multiplier (High Zoom) 1.00 (3.5X)
ADS Sens. Multiplier (High Zoom) 1.00 (4.0X)
ADS Sens. Multiplier (High Zoom) 1.00 (5.0X (Variable Zoom - AR))
ADS Sens. Multiplier (High Zoom) 1.00 (5.6X (Variable Zoom - AR))
ADS Sens. Multiplier (High Zoom) 1.00 (8.0X)
ADS Sens. Multiplier (High Zoom) 1.00 (8.0X (Variable Zoom - Marksman))
ADS Sens. Multiplier (High Zoom) 1.00 (10.0X (AX-50 Default Scope))
ADS Sens. Multiplier (High Zoom) 1.00 (12.1X (Variable Zoom - Sniper))

Cheers.

Hi!

You might want to try this (should feel exactly the same as PUBG): mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=3fd9328096a13b16f335b66879322883