Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

Best building of muscle memory

I know, what when I change aspect ratio, my horizontal sensitivity also changes, but vertical sensitivity stay same. With MDH 0% horizontal sensitivity will be calculated correctly, and vertical sensitivity will not (not changes). And with an MDV of 0%, the vertical sensitivity will be calculated correctly, but the horizontal one will not (not changes). Right? What if (MDH 0% + MDV0%)/2? So we get a compromise (average value) between vertical and horizontal sensitivity. Is this the best option to build muscle memory?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wizard
15 hours ago, egorek375 said:

I know, what when I change aspect ratio, my horizontal sensitivity also changes, but vertical sensitivity stay same. With MDH 0% horizontal sensitivity will be calculated correctly, and vertical sensitivity will not (not changes). And with an MDV of 0%, the vertical sensitivity will be calculated correctly, but the horizontal one will not (not changes). Right?

This is correct.

15 hours ago, egorek375 said:

What if (MDH 0% + MDV0%)/2? So we get a compromise (average value) between vertical and horizontal sensitivity. Is this the best option to build muscle memory?

You will get a sensitivity that is not consistent with anything doing this, doing one or the other is better for consistency.

• Wizard
1 minute ago, egorek375 said:

Then what can you recommend for best muscle memory building? MDH 0% or MDV 0%

There is no best way, everyone is different have have different preferences. If there was just one way the calculator would have been a lot simpler :)

You should try both, one of them will probably feel wrong to you. So stick with the other one.

6 минут назад, DPI Wizard сказал:

There is no best way, everyone is different have have different preferences. If there was just one way the calculator would have been a lot simpler :)

You should try both, one of them will probably feel wrong to you. So stick with the other one.

Therefore, I wanted to use (MDH 0% + MDV 0%)/2.  I feel comfortable with both, mdh 0% and mdv 0%. But if you use (MDH 0% + MDV 0%)/2, then on the one hand, this is the closest sensitivity to the original, because  vertical and horizontal deflections will be minimal.  But for muscle memory, this method will be worse than choosing one value that will correspond fully vertically or horizontally?  If for me horizontal and vertical aim are equally important

You should use vertical 0% if you play games with different aspect ratios

The vertical aspect stays the same, so therefore the tracking speed at the centre when calculating by mdv 0% stays the same, since the whole point of 0% in the first place is for consistent tracking at screen centre, then you should match that for consistency IMO.

Still, it's just preference at the end of the day.

On 12/20/2019 at 5:23 PM, TheNoobPolice said:

You should use vertical 0% if you play games with different aspect ratios

The vertical aspect stays the same, so therefore the tracking speed at the centre when calculating by mdv 0% stays the same, since the whole point of 0% in the first place is for consistent tracking at screen centre, then you should match that for consistency IMO.

Still, it's just preference at the end of the day.

So when you select mhd 0% or mvd 0% and the specific sensitivity number doesn't change that means the aspect ratios are the same?

2 hours ago, dutch84 said:

So when you select mhd 0% or mvd 0% and the specific sensitivity number doesn't change that means the aspect ratios are the same?

yes correct.

As TheNoobPolice said at the end its preference. For me MHD 0% feels better cause if converting from normal aspect ratio to stretched resolution i feel like i need a lower sens.