Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

If you are low-senser, do you do fine control with wrist or fingers?

Do you do fine control with wrist or fingers or both as a low sensitivity player?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you do fine control with wrist or fingers or both as a low sensitivity player?

• Fingers
    • Wrist
    • Both fingers and wrist

I recently bought the glorious model o- to test out finger-tip grip-since I never used it before.
I am a low sensitivity gamer (arm-aiming) and wonder if other low sens players are using wrist- or fingertip-aim to do the fine controls?

Is it even possible to use both wrist and finge-tip-aiming at the same time combined with arm aiming?
I would like some feedback :)

2 minutes ago, Merinda18 said:

low sens doesnt need fingers, im played on 50cm (niko csgo example not using his fingers)

now im playing on 8cm and using my fingers little bit

I thought the same before, but now I am using fingertip-aiming for fine control with low sens (45cm) and I like it. But I noticed that I am not using my wrist anymore, thats why I thought both wrist and fingertip-aiming isnt possible together. Thats why I started the poll:)

I played CS with 58 cm/360 for a long time, using claw grip and wrist only. The lower the sensitivity the less your fingers are effective.

Right now I play with 40 cm/360 and overall higher sens cause I play faster games and i use wrist and fingers together with a hybrid fingertip grip. It's really hard to master this kind of playstyle so don't force yourself. As i said I used claw for many years and when i switched to a smaller mice and increased my sens it came natural to me.

Edited by Ins_FPS
1 hour ago, Bernd Matthys said:

Very small adjustments (moving your crosshair 20 pixels or less) needed to be done with the fingers, it's more accurate than the wrist and this has little to do with sensitivity.
 I'm an arm aimer and I rarely use my wrist, only my arm and fingers.

For me (and not only for me) it has to do with the sensitivity, when it's really low you can do it with the wrist with the same accuracy, at least I can. I never felt the need to use the fingers with 55+ cm/360

If we talk about few pixels movements, sure you can help yourself with the fingers in some situations, but that's it, and depends by the grip as well.

If you palm or claw you have a very little space to move the fingers and if the sensitivity is really low, often you won't have enough space for significant microadjustments and you just destabilize your aim if you force the use of your fingers or if you stretch them too much trying to microadjust. That's my experience at least.

Instead when i switched to a higher sens after playing faster games, my grip naturally changed after switching mice and I felt the need to microadjust with fingers cause it was actually really effective and it wasn't hindering my aim in any scenario .

This image shows one of the best CS players not doing microadjustments with fingers like you say. And there are many others.

Remember we all react differently so it's hard to say if something is right or wrong. For me, the game I play, the mice I use and especially the sensitivity, are the factors that determine how should i move the mice.

EDawaoo.png

Edited by Ins_FPS
  • 2 weeks later...