Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

i'm using a new sens almost everyday...any tips to find your sensitivity?

So here is my problem i started to change my sens sometimes month ago to try different styles and to try to find if i'm better with wrist or arm or both and with time i was changing my sens almost every 1-2 weeks and now i'm changing it every 1-2 days. i'm never satisfied with it and i tried to stick to one sens for 6 months and even if i was really good with it i didnt feel it was the right one for me. 

My problem is i changed so much time of sens that i don't even know how to tell if one sens is good for me or not i went from 16cm/360 to 60cm/360 cause i'm playing on a lot of different games (Valorant,CS:GO,Overwatch,R6,BFV...)

So do you have any tips or how did you do to find your sens accros differents games? Is there is a "sweet spot" i should look for? And my last question do you have the same sens on hipfire and ads for games like R6 to have the best muscle memory?

Sorry for the english and Thanks if you can help!

Hi!

There's a user ( @TheNoobPolice) that I think that explains it very well. The main takeaway that I've got from him (I might be wrong interpreting his view) is that we all have a level of aim skill and we improve it overtime, regardless of the sensitivity we choose. The thing is that when we get used to a certain sensitivity, our aim with that sensitivity is basically the reflection of our own level of aim skill (in contrast, when you change your sensitivity, there's an adaptation period until you reach your aim skill level again -note that in this process you might still improve that base level-). This goes to say that you should probably avoid being in that adaptation phase and your "perfect" sensitivity is the one that you are used to the most.

Now, if you want to change your sensitivity (and then stick to it), I've seen that it's usually recommended to go with a 360º distance ranging from 20 to 40cm/360º, give or take. It doesn't really matter which one you choose within that range as long as you feel comfortable and stay consistent, as you'll get to your actual aim skill level after adapting to it.

Another aspect to take into account is desktop and ADS scaling. I'd suggest to go through all the games that you usually play, then see which one has the worst sensitivity settings and adapt to that one; e.g. I love playing Destiny 2 but it has a very limited FOV and hipfire sensitivity sliders, and the ADS scaling doesn't allow to set MDV 0%, so I decided to match everything to 100.8 HFOV (the maximum FOV available in the game) and MDH 100% (which is the only option that actually makes sense for me in that game). When you've done that, look for an in-game value that gives you a sensitivity that's between 20 and 40cm/360º (more or less) and convert from that to everything else. Alternatively, you can select a desktop sensitivity (DPI) that gives you your desired 360º distance when converted from desktop to game, so that you always stay consistent.

I'd also like to point out that you can also adapt to any MDV/MDH % if you use different zoom levels in aim trainers, so, although MDV 0% is objectively the most reliable conversion method, if your base game doesn't support it, it's probably not that big of a deal, as long as it supports at least one logical ADS scaling method.

This might be what you need, but there's a lot of possibilities, so maybe someone else can give you an advice that fits you better.

3 hours ago, Skxwan said:

So here is my problem i started to change my sens sometimes month ago to try different styles and to try to find if i'm better with wrist or arm or both and with time i was changing my sens almost every 1-2 weeks and now i'm changing it every 1-2 days. i'm never satisfied with it and i tried to stick to one sens for 6 months and even if i was really good with it i didnt feel it was the right one for me. 

My problem is i changed so much time of sens that i don't even know how to tell if one sens is good for me or not i went from 16cm/360 to 60cm/360 cause i'm playing on a lot of different games (Valorant,CS:GO,Overwatch,R6,BFV...)

So do you have any tips or how did you do to find your sens accros differents games? Is there is a "sweet spot" i should look for? And my last question do you have the same sens on hipfire and ads for games like R6 to have the best muscle memory?

Sorry for the english and Thanks if you can help!

I had the same problem i always switched. Good thing is i can play with high sens and really slow sens now but i also didnt know what i like the most.

Low sensitivity, aiming was so easy ingame but navigating was a pain. High sensitivity was perfect for navigating and movement but i overshoot a lot in games like Valorant or Csgo for games with ADS System like bf or apex it was fine. But i also wanted to use the same sensitivity in different games. So i changed and changed my sensitivity...

So i did this:

I went in Csgo or go Valorant and shoot the bots just in front of you. Get a sens that feels perfect for that. Do slow and fast target switching. If u find your sensitivity u will may notice it is really slow so you cant navigate well but you hit the enemies in front of you perfect. Its hard work at the start but stay with that sensitivity u will learn to use your arm and later it will feel natural for you. Now you got a good sensitivity for slow based games. For games that are a bit faster like apex i just put the FoV higher and calculate my csgo sens with MDH 0%. Since your FoV is higher in this game now your sensitivity will be faster.

Now important stick to this sensitivity. It will feel at the start sometimes not so good just do 10mins warm up. One thing that helped me is to put my dpi lower (from 800 to 500 for me) so i also have to use my arm on the desktop.

My english is not better hope u understand

Edited by Quackerjack

I'll start with the perception of different sensitivities. Different FoV changes your perception of speed, just as distance from the monitor affects your perception of speed. To control the speed of perception, you need to set the same FoV. The crosshair in games is a formality, you aim and react with your eyes, your hands are slow in themselves, so your eyes are your aim. You think - you need to turn 360/180/90/45 degrees, the hand does, you look at the result and you see that the perception of speed and distance are different from your thoughts and you adjust the sensitivity and/or FoV. Now about the sensitivity in ADS / Scope in relation to the arcade crosshair or simply HipFire FoV. 360 sensitivity will almost always be different. The perception of speed will differ depending on the FoV. If you convert 1 to 1, then you will roughly feel the speed of passing distance of pixels with your eyes. Now go to dpi. I have deduced the 2D to 3D sensitivity conversion formula. Overwatch: any dpi; FoV 103 = multiplier 5. FoV 90 = multiplier 6. It is also possible to convert from 2D to scope, but I still cannot say that it is correct. I do not spray on games with different FoV, I concentrate on certain values of sensitivity and FoV hipfire, scope. My training gives results, but if something doesn't suit me, I start looking for and changing the sensitivity. For example, I know that the multiplier 6 works and it suits me, I am not satisfied with the multiplier 42 in the scope, I start to change and look for a pattern in numbers and the correctness of my choice. Now we turn to the choice of the position of the hand on the table and the grip of the mouse. People are divided into 2 types 1) wrist 2) elbow. But you need to train both. My elbow is on the table, but it may hang a little off the table or protrude in half and hang down even more. The grip of the mouse determines the position of the elbow on the table. I'm going to talk about fingertips. Controlling aim with your fingertips and wrist is the worst choice, the wrist will tire quickly, the fingers will overextend. To facilitate the work of the wrist, the movements spread to the elbow and shoulder. Vertical tracking should not be on the fingers, it should be on the shoulder. Fingers are the fastest movement for flick. Horizontal tracking is spread over the wrist and elbow. Close distance at the elbow, long distance at the wrist. The most basic principles of interaction with mousepad and hand placement will give you an edge. And then reaction training follows (Yes, sensitivity training) It is not possible to shoot at hipfire and scope with the same interaction of the hand and the mousepad. Now I will tell you how to choose the sensitivity for yourself using my example. Initially, I started to train the settings from pro players, the sensitivity was 38.48 cm, then I began to study everything about FoV, sensitivity, I learned about this site. A calculator that can do everything you need to, you just need to be able to use it. I started testing the settings and kept changing them. Stopped at 900 * 6 FoV 90Hdeg. As I continued to train, I felt I wanted more control on my fingers and an increased range of flicking fingers. I raised the dpi to 1100, making my 360 degrees 21 cm. Put my elbow on the table, it became easier for me to bend my wrist and raise it when moving my elbow or shoulder. When I started to train my finger motor development, they started showing me my potential for gripping my fingertips. All changes that have been and will be to improve the effectiveness of my shooting style. If people do not use their fingers in movements, they will not increase sensitivity, the shoulder shows more efficiency at high cm / 360. If people use a wrist they will not do high cm / 360, they will choose an average of 38.48cm, it is easy to control the shoulder, elbow, and wrist, can also flick with your fingers, but the range will be small. I made a sensitivity table for myself to make it easier to understand the sensitivity to different degrees. Helps in training

image.png

I like being able to do a fast 180 degrees and have about 90 left to track, left and right, until i need to reposition my mouse. So I tuned my sensitiviy to being able to do a comfortable 540 degrees ingame with a full swipe left to right wich with my forearm length translated to 36.7cm/360. if my forearm where shorter or longer the sens would change. 

I also like to match hipfire fovs between games wich i feel helps alot with consistency. I also feel that matching windows to game with 100% horisontal and then game to game with 0% vertical works best for me pesonally.

Edited by Pherall
9 hours ago, Pherall said:

I like being able to do a fast 180 degrees and have about 90 left to track, left and right, until i need to reposition my mouse. So I tuned my sensitiviy to being able to do a comfortable 540 degrees ingame with a full swipe left to right wich with my forearm length translated to 36.7cm/360. if my forearm where shorter or longer the sens would change. 

I also like to match hipfire fovs between games wich i feel helps alot with consistency. I also feel that matching windows to game with 100% horisontal and then game to game with 0% vertical works best for me pesonally.

i think thats excat the wrong way. U choose your sensitivity by a comfortable 540 degrees feeling (so for navigating) but u should set your sensitivity for comfortable aiming and get used to the new navigating. But thats just my opinion/theory.

I also disagree with matching hipfire fovs beetween different games. Cause some games just need lower fovs (or you cant even change the fov) and some games are better to play in high fovs.

17 hours ago, Quackerjack said:

i think thats excat the wrong way. U choose your sensitivity by a comfortable 540 degrees feeling (so for navigating) but u should set your sensitivity for comfortable aiming and get used to the new navigating. But thats just my opinion/theory.

I also disagree with matching hipfire fovs beetween different games. Cause some games just need lower fovs (or you cant even change the fov) and some games are better to play in high fovs.

It's not a feeling, it's more having "all my corners covered" since being able to flick 180 and still having about 90 degrees left to track is, imo, paramount in games like quake for instance. Less than that feels like im nerfing myself.

Matter of opinion. I match all my games with 110 hdeg and games that are locked with 103 i go with focal length wich with a 27 inch screen isnt that big of a deal. But if going from 90 hdeg to 120 hdeg doesnt mess with your head then go for it. It shure messes with mine tho.

But i guess this is "exactly wrong" Just wanted to post an idea wich works great for ME.

Edited by Pherall
6 hours ago, Pherall said:

It's not a feeling, it's more having "all my corners covered" since being able to flick 180 and still having about 90 degrees left to track is, imo, paramount in games like quake for instance. Less than that feels like im nerfing myself.

Matter of opinion. I match all my games with 110 hdeg and games that are locked with 103 i go with focal length wich with a 27 inch screen isnt that big of a deal. But if going from 90 hdeg to 120 hdeg doesnt mess with your head then go for it. It shure messes with mine tho.

But i guess this is "exactly wrong" Just wanted to post an idea wich works great for ME.

ya as i said thats just my theory. Everybody should go ofc with that what works for him