Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Ok my CSGo sensitivity is 41.6cm 360 I have converted this to every game and used to match fov as well. I liked the idea behind playing with different fovs and having the same aim so I have been converting with viewspeed.

How do I convert 41.6cm to a 360 with this new superior viewspeed?

Using the formula( if I did it correctly)the 360 inches I got for CSGO was 10 inches or about 25 cm this is almost absurdly fast for most fps on the market.

Low sensitivity is simply a superior way to play more consistent in most fps games and 25 cm is right on the threshold of too fast ( anything below 20 in CSGO and your performance and ceiling almost certainly suffer).

Maybe I am wrong, but if this is a solution for making your desktop feel like in-game and vice versa and not a straight up conversion I don't know what use it is for as I have a specific 360 distance I base all my games on, it's why I use this site.

Edited by Bryan Redding

Using just a piece of the formula if you have a 360 distance for BF1: x=55; 41.6 csc(x/2)/sqrt(2)

This equals 42.068, there is no way this is the correct conversion. 55 vertical FOV is quite a huge difference from the CSGO 106.26 HFOV. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I used the above formula based on Drimzi's post on a previous page. Am I correct in how I interpreted what you said? The only part of the formula that matters if you don't want desktop sens is the piece above? Just logically there is no way converting a lower FOV from a high FOV should result in a higher sensitivity, so I know I'm wrong.

Edited by Bryjoe
2 hours ago, Drimzi said:

Assuming you have either 400 dpi 2.5 sensitivity or 800 dpi 1.25 sensitivity for csgo, which is 41.5636 cm 360, your battlefield 360 would be 51.5432 cm.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=x%3D55;+θ%3D2+atan(tan((π+(2+atan(4%2F3+tan((π+x)%2F360))×180%2Fπ))%2F360));+41.5636+csc(θ%2F2)%2Fsqrt(2)

Thanks! So, this is actually very close to 100% Monitor Match then? I guess the question is, why was there so much hate for 100% monitor match before?

It's about a 3cm 360 distance from my viewspeed, I wonder how noticeable that will be.

Edited by Bryjoe

Bryjoe, just go onto page seven and look at my posts. What you are asking for is what Drimzi walked me through.

I have examples of how to use them, with one mistake within the walk through being the following:

Make sure that you use the right formula for the game that you are using, i.e. csgo uses 4:3 horizontal res, so use the 4:3 horizontal res formula.

Edited by massivelivefun

Your new calculation for Quake turns 41.6CM (CSGO) into 38 CM, rather than viewspeed which made it 31CM, that is a significant difference. The previous version of your formula made Quake 34CM. The question is, which implementation is better? 

34 CM at 130 FOV  will not feel much different than the old viewspeed calculation, but 38 will feel much different than old viewspeed. Like has been said in this thread many times "it's all about what you are used to". If someone has been playing CSGO for a decade at 1 zoom sensitivity, wouldn't a 75% match feel natural to them at any FOV?  For this type of player wouldn't the 38 CM feel too slow at a high FOV if they are used to 41.6CM?

45 minutes ago, Drimzi said:

I've updated the original post and formulas. Changing the fov base in the formula is as easy as ever now. All you need to do is change the variable 'a' to the reverse of the aspect ratio to convert it back to a 1:1 base fov, the vertical fov.

So if the game uses 4:3 base system and has 90 fov, then you will set a=3/4, x=90. This will convert it back to the 1:1 base fov, which will be roughly 73.74.

If the game uses 16:9 base system and has fov of 103, then you will set a=9/16, x=103. This will convert it back to the 1:1 base fov, which will be roughly 70.53.

If the game already uses vertical base system, and has fov of 74, then you will set a=1, x=74. FOV will remain unchanged.

I want you to find the all in one solution. 

a=1; x=55; θ=2 arctan(a tan((π x)/360)); (41.6 csc(θ/2))/sqrt(2)

So is this correct for the new aspect ratio independent formula? 

The result is:             

Did I calculate this wrong? It seems too slow right? It's a full 10CM more than the original formula and about the same for 75% as well.

19 hours ago, Drimzi said:

I don't know how to get rid of this quote box.

And now i'm just adding more quote boxes

ahhhh  -.-  **** these boxes

I like the feel of it however i'm not really sure about it to be completely 100% honest. I also can't seem to get the right answer/solution when I try to convert 44.292cm from csgo to overwatch or vice versa and I also struggle matching the hipfire to the first zoom of the snipers on cs. but other than that, my only real concern is after playing for about an hour on cs,aim hero and overwatch switching between the 3 did seem seamless (even though my 360 needed for overwatch was slightly off not your fault, blizzards ) however it didn't quite feel exactly right on the desktop, the speed felt consistent across everything but the distances didn't feel exact from game to desktop. I don't know if that would cause a problem with muscle memory later on as a result but I did feel alot snappier across larger distances and I think it definitely feels better than the old viewspeed. so good job :)

2 minutes ago, Drimzi said:

It is impossible to match the distances from 2d to 3d, it will only match at one specific spot, but I also don't think it is the distances that make it feel the same.

What is your resolution, mouse dpi and windows pointer speed?

ah okay :)

1920x1080 , 800dpi and 6/11 .

I just looked again and i'm not sure if I used the right formula, I didn't try the one slightly up on this page, I tried the one on the first page that was under "updated" that one gave me a 47cm 360 and the one slightly up this page gives me a 31cm 360 :/ :S

Edited by NoSafety
wait being a dumb*** forgot to change windows pointer speed on the one i got a 31cm 360 from lol
3 minutes ago, Drimzi said:

Hmm. 1920x1080, 800 dpi, 6/11 should yield results closer to 20 cm.

:/ It did feel good though.. but then maybe it was placebo for me because the 360s were close on each of the games plus I can pretty much aim on any sensitivity... I really don't know what to say lol

Just now, Drimzi said:

1920x1080, 6/11 users should have the following sensitivity values:

• CS:GO = 2.605269
  • CS:GO AWP = 0.987533
  • Overwatch = 8.36
  • Aim Hero (90 fov, csgo sens) = 3.070339

So if you have:

1600 dpi, csgo = 9.9711 cm.

800 dpi, csgo = 19.9421 cm.

450 dpi, csgo = 35.4526 cm.

400 dpi, csgo = 39.8842 cm.

Okay so what did I do wrong then? because it could probably help other people not make the same mistake I just did lol

I used this formula  a=9/16; x=106.26; h=1080; m=800/6; C=(π^2 h)/(2 m); θ=2 arctan(a tan((π x)/360)); (C csc(θ/2))/sqrt(2)

and took the bottom answer which says "substitution" (because that was the only one that looked like it was a distance measurement to me ) which gave me the answer 47.1074
:/

Also thank you :)  , I'll go and try them out now :)

30 minutes ago, Drimzi said:

So for that formula you are converting a 16:9 base fov back to the 1:1 fov, for csgo you would want to use the 4:3 base formula instead.

For the mouse speed, which is the number of pixels moved per inch of mouse movement on the desktop, you have 800/6, which should just be 800. For every count of movement, your cursor moves 1 pixel on the desktop. Windows Pointer Speed ignores mouse counts, at 6/11 it doesn't ignore any, so this value should only be 800. Every count will move a pixel. If you were to drop the WPS from 6/11 to 4/11, it will ignore half the counts, so 800 dpi will now only move 400 pixels per inch. So it would be 800/2. At 3/11, it ignores 3/4 of the counts, making it 800/4. I use 3/11 WPS, that is why the default value is 1400/4.

I skipped 5/11 because nobody should ever use it. It skips counts unevenly. Any other value below 6/11 is perfectly fine and is the equivalent of just using a lower dpi."

"tldr; you did m=800/6 instead of just m=800"

oh! well... just testing it now , overwatch and cs feel the same, couldn't tell a difference between 1x and 2x awp but idk may not have spent enough time on this, I will go back and check, about to play aim hero and i'll get back in a hour or so :) the one thing I will note is that I honestly could not tell you if the desktop and game feel different to one another yet.

Okay, I think you may be onto something... my average accuracy and reaction time on aim hero is 96% and 0.37 and that's on a sensitivity i'm used to playing on, I have been trying different sensitivities all week looking for the same thing as this thread and my average reaction on those was anything between 39-46 and accuracy about 90% obviously being slower because I was trying to get used to the sensitivity. However even though I had a few misclicks  after trying playing with it on aim hero and only having like what an hours practice with it... I scored 93% and 0.38. I also tried different online aim practice games and felt exactly the same as playing aim hero. all the games felt the same , I just honestly don't think I can tell whether it's matched to my desktop or not. I don't feel slowed down on my desktop when I come out of game or sped up so I guess that means it's the same... but I really don't know lol

Edited by NoSafety
EDIT : the longer I use it the more 1:1 it feels, I'll give it a day or two to see if i'll stick with it though. changed my scope sens on cs to what you said, feels exactly the same now.