Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

Escape from Tarkov

Hey DPI Wizard and or anyone else that knows how to use the calculator correctly can please help me, I have been using the calculator for years and then I saw a forum post on here of someone explaining that you need to enter the FOV of the current game onto the 2nd game that your playing in order for it to feel the same. Can anyone confirm this or help me, basically I just use csgo sense and dpi and convert it to every game I have but I want to know if im using it correctly because when I change the fov value (which I dont really understand) it changes the ads in tarkov to another value. I have been leaving FOV in both sections from game to game blank with its default value and just setting my sense, dpi, monitor inch and HDEG 16:9 and then leaving everything else default and also not touching fov, and now I just am not sure if I am even using the calculator right anymore lol. If you can please explain what I need to change to get the same feeling sensitivity from cs into every game would be a great help, thanks.

question.png

• Wizard
1 hour ago, Israel said:

you need to enter the FOV of the current game onto the 2nd game that your playing in order for it to feel the same. Can anyone confirm this or help me

This is the correct way of doing it if you want the exact same FOV and feel in both games. It's not always possible though, because of limitations in the games. But whenever possible it's recommended. If you leave the FOV at the default value in the calculator make sure you also have the FOV set to the default value in the game. The should always match as the FOV can make a huge difference in the actual sensitivity.

hmm ok, also those values are off when i redid it from a fresh calculation it came out to

"MouseAimingSensitivity": 0.475436, (ADS - No attachment)
"MouseAimingSensitivity": 0.431984, (Zenit-Belomo PSO 1 4x24)
"MouseAimingSensitivity": 0.401128, (VOMZ Pilad 4x32)

Interesting none the less I never understood how to use the fov part, I do always keep a lookout in the details to see if FOV Affects sensitivity and most of the time it says no. So I am not sure exactly how to use it but I get what your saying. I think its a bit dumb that tarkov devs made a bunch of things in the game different sensitivities because it makes it a bit harder especially when the senses differ drastically like the 1x scope for example. Anyway I hope they tidy it up a bit. Thanks for the info. Also I noticed that you removed the weaver sight from the calculations which was the one I had been using and now I have noticed that its gone from the calculations :D. Cheers.

• Wizard
22 minutes ago, Israel said:

hmm ok, also those values are off when i redid it from a fresh calculation it came out to

If you mean off compared to each other it's because they don't scale the same at all. For instance the zenit and the vomz have the same FOV but different 360 distance, so it's impossible to match them.

PS; This may or may not be affected by the weapon they were on, I don't know if this affects it at the moment. Or indeed if any specific weapon mod affects the scopes.

5 minutes ago, kertiek said:

10+ days since the patch went live and still i cant get the calculations for ads with basic sights in the game. its disappointing,.

Same unfortunately. Just waiting for whenever DPI wizard has the time to do the calculations.

• Wizard
1 hour ago, kertiek said:

10+ days since the patch went live and still i cant get the calculations for ads with basic sights in the game. its disappointing,.

I don't know if this is directed at this site and me or the devs of the game, but when they do a full wipe and change everything requiring a quite dedicated grind to get everything back AND analyse it... It will take time. There's over 500 games here now, imagine just a fraction of them doing this. While this game is quite popular, putting everything aside to grind on a single game is not feasible. If you have any anger direct it at the devs of Tarkov who seemingly have no idea how to implement aim and scope sensitivity.

Even if we get every calculation figured out now, it might change next week. Accompanied with a new wipe... A game in development is fine, but in a game where aiming is a key component they should get aiming figured out way quicker than this.

It's not that hard. You either add sensitivity for each available scope power, or you add a scaling that is linked to the scope FOV. Right now they have scopes with identical FOV that have different sensitivity. This makes absolutely no sense, and it seems like they are just randomly assigning sensitivity to scopes.

Honestly though, until Nikita gets rid of the "this game is not supposed to be fun" quirks like turn speed reduction, sprinting sensitivity reduction and nonsensical sensitives for different fovs I don't really even see the point in using the calculator at all let alone adding more scopes than perhaps the PK-06, Valday and maybe one of the Vudus since in the end you're not going to have a correct sensitivity anyway? Unless you never change scope or edit the .cfg between every raid ofc, but who has the time or patience for that? The game also seems to reset any 2+ decimals you set in the .cfg as soon as you change any setting in the menus so at this point you're probably best of just using the 0.0X decimal that works for as many sights you use as possible.

Agreed. Directing hostility towards DPI Wizard for not having the calculations up "instantly", if that is indeed what you were going for, is unfair and quite arrogant. He just put up another game today aswell, he can't be everywhere at once.

47 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

when they do a full wipe and change everything requiring a quite dedicated grind to get everything back

Like i mentioned before in this thread, i can help you skip the grind, by gifting you the items you need to analyse. Don't know if you've missed it

If we get every calculation figured out now, it might change next week. Accompanied with a new wipe...

While always a possibility, EFT has never done a wipe earlier than 3 months after a previous wipe, so i don't think you have to worry about that being a factor. The wipe cycle is usually 6-10 months

it seems like they are just randomly assigning sensitivity to scopes.

Nikita "The COO" Did a podcast a long time ago, where some streamers asked him about uniform sensitivity. He asked what the issue was, and they pointed out the VUDU scope as an example, where the sensitivity on it was way too fast, Nikita responded that he would fix the issue, which turned out to be that he just lowered the sensitivity on that particular scope, which in turn again made it unusable because it was too low. So i'd say your assessment is on point honestly.

Edited by Traxilla
  • Wizard

3 minutes ago, iBerggman said:

"this game is not supposed to be fun" quirks like turn speed reduction, sprinting sensitivity reduction and nonsensical sensitives for different fovs I

I'm all for realistic games, but design choices like this just result in a terrible user experience. It's not "realistic" to not know how to turn around a corner when sprinting. The delay between sprinting sensitivity and walking sensitivity is horrible, this is not how humans work :)

1 minute ago, Traxilla said:

Like i mentioned before in this thread, i can help you skip the grind, by gifting you the items you need to analyse. 

Yes, I caught that! It's of great help, and I got another member willing to do the same and you guys help out a lot! Will you be able to give me a gun though? Either way scopes and aims are a good start.

1 minute ago, DPI Wizard said:

Yes, I caught that! It's of great help, and I got another member willing to do the same and you guys help out a lot! Will you be able to give me a gun though? Either way scopes and aims are a good start.

Certainly. I can give you a couple of different ones if you wanna see if theres a difference.

8 minutes ago, Traxilla said:

Nikita "The COO" Did a podcast a long time ago, where some streamers asked him about uniform sensitivity. He asked what the issue was, and they pointed out the VUDU scope as an example, where the sensitivity on it was way too fast, Nikita responded that he would fix the issue, which turned out to be that he just lowered the sensitivity on that particular scope, which in turn again made it unusable because it was too low. So i'd say your assessment is on point honestly.

Just now, DPI Wizard said:

I'm all for realistic games, but design choices like this just result in a terrible user experience. It's not "realistic" to not know how to turn around a corner when sprinting. The delay between sprinting sensitivity and walking sensitivity is horrible, this is not how humans work :)

The best thing to do really would probably be to compile a proper write up on how a monitor match/usa system could be implemented complete with the explanations for why it works as well as formulas required for the coding and post it to reddit and hope it gains traction there. Honestly, I'm not sure they're even aware there's a "correct" way to scale the sensitivity based on fov. I've only really been following the development of the game since I started playing in December last year but I've noticed that proper well written/thought out suggestions on reddit tend to get noticed fast by the devs and often make it into the game.  If anyone has too much spare time there's a project for you to take on 😅

1 hour ago, DPI Wizard said:

I don't know if this is directed at this site and me or the devs of the game, but when they do a full wipe and change everything requiring a quite dedicated grind to get everything back AND analyse it... It will take time. There's over 500 games here now, imagine just a fraction of them doing this. While this game is quite popular, putting everything aside to grind on a single game is not feasible. If you have any anger direct it at the devs of Tarkov who seemingly have no idea how to implement aim and scope sensitivity.

Even if we get every calculation figured out now, it might change next week. Accompanied with a new wipe... A game in development is fine, but in a game where aiming is a key component they should get aiming figured out way quicker than this.

It's not that hard. You either add sensitivity for each available scope power, or you add a scaling that is linked to the scope FOV. Right now they have scopes with identical FOV that have different sensitivity. This makes absolutely no sense, and it seems like they are just randomly assigning sensitivity to scopes.

i understand that is a grind and also understand the way the game works that we get different pixel ratios with different sights and scopes, i dont intend to be an asshole or be annoying demanding things, i think a lot of us that use the calculator could use the calculator just for some of the "most" used sights and/or scopes and be done with it, the devs are supposed to fix the problem with uniform sensitivity and i understand that is not fair to make you calculate every single sight and scope because of the incompetence of the devs of the game.

maybe check the calculation for some and be done with it.

sights: pk-06, P1X42, Eotech 553 ( i think those 3 sights have the same fov/pixel ratio/feel).

scopes: ELCAN Specter DR 1x/4x, HAMR 4x24mm, EOtech Vudu 1-6.

at least for me, i just need the calculation for the pk-06 bc i prefer use that and deal with higher/lower sensitivities in other sights / scopes as i play, but i want/need the same hipfire/ads sens for guns with a pk-06 and start adapting from there to play the game with a little more confortable/known mouse movement.

thanks for your work.

Edited by kertiek
4 hours ago, iBerggman said:

The best thing to do really would probably be to compile a proper write up on how a monitor match/usa system could be implemented complete with the explanations for why it works as well as formulas required for the coding and post it to reddit and hope it gains traction there. Honestly, I'm not sure they're even aware there's a "correct" way to scale the sensitivity based on fov. I've only really been following the development of the game since I started playing in December last year but I've noticed that proper well written/thought out suggestions on reddit tend to get noticed fast by the devs and often make it into the game.  If anyone has too much spare time there's a project for you to take on 😅

https://old.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/gzjvu0/an_essay_why_turning_speed_penalty_from_gear_is/

5 hours ago, kertiek said:

i understand that is a grind and also understand the way the game works that we get different pixel ratios with different sights and scopes, i dont intend to be an asshole or be annoying demanding things, i think a lot of us that use the calculator could use the calculator just for some of the "most" used sights and/or scopes and be done with it, the devs are supposed to fix the problem with uniform sensitivity and i understand that is not fair to make you calculate every single sight and scope because of the incompetence of the devs of the game.

I think this is a good point. We are all aware that it is a Beta game, and there will (hopefully) be some good changes to sensitivity ratios in future. For now, its an utter POS and some base few scope options to keep updated might be the best moving forward.

14 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

I agree with this, each scope does feel entirely different because of different scope senses along with having armor minus affects which is terrible lol.

8 hours ago, Contrololol said:

What gun is the ADS - No attachment from?

1 hour ago, Traxilla said:

The No attachment setting is every gun that doesn't have a rearsight slot, or doesn't have a rearsight equipped

here are my posts about that topic:

Spoiler
On 1/20/2020 at 10:35 AM, AIucardd said:

ok, I just was confused yesterday with how low my ADS speed was compared to my usual :-)... that 6P20 Sb2 thingy and all other mechanical sights that installs on guns (p226 pistol, new m9a3 and others  (pic below)) are considered as x1 scopes in this game. This will probably confuse a new players a lot. Hope Nikita will fix it someday (two+ years no fix tho).

Again, thank you🙂

IS.jpg

On 5/11/2020 at 3:23 PM, AIucardd said:

ok, first I was sceptical, but this is true, "ADS - no attachments", 1-x sights like "pk-06" but not counting Walter MRS,  all have different sensitivity...
I just wanna remind, that "ADS - no attachments" is only for a weapon with mechanical sight SLOT (see screenshots 1 and 2), but not for weapon without that slot (even if weapon has a rearsight, if thats makes sens - see screenshots 3 and 4). 

Weapons like some pistols:  mp-144 "Grach", SR-1MP, Makarov, TT;  Some shotguns (mp-133 and mp153 series); ak-74U and other weapon without sight slot OR without sight in that slot (like ak-74 without 6p44 sb.1-30 rearsight) has much higher sensitivity.

screen1.png

screen2.png

screen3.png

screen4.png