Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Monitor Distance Coefficient. Why does 1.78 feel better than 0? Valorant/cs defaulted to 1.78/1.33?

Hello, as the title says I've been messing around with this setting in mw and according to most of the aim enthusiasts in this website, 0 is the best setting as it scales towards the center of the screen whereas any other scaling like 1.78/1.33 does towards the edges.

I use a low sens of 2.5/1600dpi at 110 fov/affected. And for some reason I'm not able to control the recoil of some guns at 0, is this because mw uses a vertical scaling rather than horizontal? So wouldn't it make more sense to have a 1.78/1.33 mdc as you pull down towards the bottom of the screen away from the center? I tried 1.78 like all the wz pros do and it felt so smooth and easy. So my theory is, maybe in games with vertical mdc scaled games 0 isn't the best bet as there rarely is any tracking vertically, or am I wrong?

My other query is whether mdc only matters when zoomed/ads in or does is it come into play at hipfire too? Because games like cs and valorant come with a mdc of 1.33 and 1.78 respectively(which cannot be changed) and there rarely is any zooming in. People have insane aim in these games without using 0. If 0 is the most mathematically sound number interms of aiming why don't the devs provide a way to change this in these games forcing us to use 1.78/1.33? So when its unchangeable shouldn't you use 1.78 in wz to be good at valorant too?

Any input is appreciated and please correct me if I have understood something wrong along the way :)

1 hour ago, ikinson said:

Hello, as the title says I've been messing around with this setting in mw and according to most of the aim enthusiasts in this website, 0 is the best setting as it scales towards the center of the screen whereas any other scaling like 1.78/1.33 does towards the edges.

I use a low sens of 2.5/1600dpi at 110 fov/affected. And for some reason I'm not able to control the recoil of some guns at 0, is this because mw uses a vertical scaling rather than horizontal? So wouldn't it make more sense to have a 1.78/1.33 mdc as you pull down towards the bottom of the screen away from the center? I tried 1.78 like all the wz pros do and it felt so smooth and easy. So my theory is, maybe in games with vertical mdc scaled games 0 isn't the best bet as there rarely is any tracking vertically, or am I wrong?

My other query is whether mdc only matters when zoomed/ads in or does is it come into play at hipfire too? Because games like cs and valorant come with a mdc of 1.33 and 1.78 respectively(which cannot be changed) and there rarely is any zooming in. People have insane aim in these games without using 0. If 0 is the most mathematically sound number interms of aiming why don't the devs provide a way to change this in these games forcing us to use 1.78/1.33? So when its unchangeable shouldn't you use 1.78 in wz to be good at valorant too?

Any input is appreciated and please correct me if I have understood something wrong along the way :)

the best explanation would be, a perceived kind of pseudo uniformity that high % gives you

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/forums/topic/4704-conversion-method-guide-and-other-faqs/?tab=comments#comment-18180

and no generally id use 0% whenever possible (even if that means hat i can only properly match 1 scope which in those kind of games doesn't really impact you all that much since hipfire would be 90%of firefights regardless)

4 hours ago, fortunate reee said:

the best explanation would be, a perceived kind of pseudo uniformity that high % gives you

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/forums/topic/4704-conversion-method-guide-and-other-faqs/?tab=comments#comment-18180

and no generally id use 0% whenever possible (even if that means hat i can only properly match 1 scope which in those kind of games doesn't really impact you all that much since hipfire would be 90%of firefights regardless)

So in tactical games which are hipfire based, mdc doesn't affect it at all? So it matters only when using scopes at different zooms?

3 hours ago, Merinda18 said:

Doesnt matter what to use , i tried 0% 1.0% 1.33 % 1.78%, 3.56% which is 200% mdh had similar aim on every coeff  after adaptation 

prefer 3.56% for ads

I see, 3.56% would be too jittery for me. So I guess its all preference at the end of the day.

1 hour ago, ikinson said:

I see, 3.56% would be too jittery for me. So I guess its all preference at the end of the day.

after a while of playing games / training your aim you should be able to use most multipliers without being affected by it

just like with hipfire sens / fov / aspect ratio and good mouse acceleration  while uniformity is great not using 1:1 wont negatively impact your performance long term and some factors can actually improve your motor control

Edited by fortunate reee
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2021 at 8:45 PM, fortunate reee said:

after a while of playing games / training your aim you should be able to use most multipliers without being affected by it

just like with hipfire sens / fov / aspect ratio and good mouse acceleration  while uniformity is great not using 1:1 wont negatively impact your performance long term and some factors can actually improve your motor control

I see, sorry for the delayed response. Ive misunderstood the concept of mdc afaik. So it matters only when zooming/adsing into a scope? and there is simply no difference in feel at hipfire?

2 minutes ago, ikinson said:

I see, sorry for the delayed response. Ive misunderstood the concept of mdc afaik. So it matters only when zooming/adsing into a scope? and there is simply no difference in feel at hipfire?

image.png.041d369eb2c00c3af58bdf3c4a045121.pngthese affect hipfire

image.png.2970005275dd299b27cc36a3f337d7ec.pngthese affect scopes /ads

if we are strictly speaking of scopes and their respective multipliers ( 1.33/1.778/0)that wold be the case 

you can however match hipfire as well and you can also match hip fire fov and 360 distance which would lead to you having  the same hip fire feel

id suggest reading the instructions or rephrasing your initial question

• 3 weeks later...

The monitor distance NEVER affects hipfire. it does not affect hipfire. it only affects you when u change your FOV, when scoping, using a red dot etc. Basically anything that lowers your FOV will be affected by the coefficient. But, your hipfire will never be affected because hipfire sens is what the coefficient is based upon in the first place.

Example... you could play a 30cm hipfire using 0% or 178%, but your hipfire will ALWAYS stay at 30cm. only the scoping will be affected by the 0% or 178% coefficient

Edited by makojunki
additional info
10 hours ago, makojunki said:

The monitor distance NEVER affects hipfire. it does not affect hipfire. it only affects you when u change your FOV, when scoping, using a red dot etc. Basically anything that lowers your FOV will be affected by the coefficient. But, your hipfire will never be affected because hipfire sens is what the coefficient is based upon in the first place.

Example... you could play a 30cm hipfire using 0% or 178%, but your hipfire will ALWAYS stay at 30cm. only the scoping will be affected by the 0% or 178% coefficient

read again you missread or missinterpreted what i said above

obviously those 2 can and will impact your hipfire distance ( when in use / used correctly )

lets say we are using this while trying to achieve a desktop  to game conversion

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=37e9254b63afa43d3e5e59bc5a843444

you will see which multiplier is used in this case by the blue outline

grafik.png.4d6790d52c8e8df94c699477cc3b309a.png

in this case changeing the windows / 2d number will infact affect the sens you will receive same thign goes for hipfire to hipfire coversions if you dont match your res/ fov to match beforehand

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=5f085bbac4e4e152e56243017a110d53

similiar to this in which case

grafik.png.b9645fcc74d399702efdeef25f6584f8.pnghipfire will imapct the distance / sensthe calc will give you

if you actually want to have the same hipfire 360 distance similar to what you stated  beforehand youd have to go with somethign like this

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=01b80edae9b966449c19357f9daaadad

in which case hipfire obviously woudlnt be scaled to any other factor besides 1:1 distance

grafik.png.fa4c3bbfe6b38d394cc142e266be590b.png

---

if you have more questions in regards to this or accel please check the instructions / the accel link i sent before since those should clear out any other misconceptions you might have

Edited by fortunate reee
  • 10 months later...
On 5/29/2021 at 8:23 AM, fortunate reee said:

if we are strictly speaking of scopes and their respective multipliers ( 1.33/1.778/0)that wold be the case 

you can however match hipfire as well and you can also match hip fire fov and 360 distance which would lead to you having  the same hip fire feel

I have a question. I have been wondering if this tool has an option that can calculate or scale a Monitor Distance Value while using another value. So lets say I use 1.78 on native res (which will be 1920x1080 (100%)) but then have a specific scope scaled to an ads value that would mimic 0% MDV while still on 1.78. 

18 hours ago, Benito Camelo said:

I have a question. I have been wondering if this tool has an option that can calculate or scale a Monitor Distance Value while using another value. So lets say I use 1.78 on native res (which will be 1920x1080 (100%)) but then have a specific scope scaled to an ads value that would mimic 0% MDV while still on 1.78. 

might not have fully understod that sentece( so ima cover all the bases here)  imo usign multiple different kind of scales doesnt make much sense to me since you give up one of the biggest sellling points of having a coefficient uniformity.

theoretically this could be achieved by just calculating the scope /zoom level using 0% as an exaple ads image.png.5d647d309d315894f2cef6d8905cf530.png

while using 177.78% for scopes with a larger zoom.

some games have specific scopes as an option  which alow far more granular control

image.png.40b89fb24a2a3c5aa101d85cdbc5bb44.png

but you wouldnt use 2 scales at ones that makes no sense from a mathemaical standpoint

Edited by fortunate reee

Ok. My question basically is if I can use 0% MDV for some scopes and 178% for others. The thing is you can only have one MDV not two, so I would need to somehow mimic a 1.78 coefficient for the scopes I'd like. Wondering if there is a tool that can mimic a 1.78 MDV while using 0 as the MDV. Maybe scaling it or somehow I really don't know. 

On 5/29/2021 at 8:23 AM, fortunate reee said:

8 hours ago, Benito Camelo said:

Ok. My question basically is if I can use 0% MDV for some scopes and 178% for others. The thing is you can only have one MDV not two, so I would need to somehow mimic a 1.78 coefficient for the scopes I'd like. Wondering if there is a tool that can mimic a 1.78 MDV while using 0 as the MDV. Maybe scaling it or somehow I really don't know. 

so i did answer this exact thing

you just save the one calculation and then do another one with the changed mdv for that one zoom level (or use the option to calc a specific scope if that is available)

On 17/05/2022 at 17:49, fortunate reee said:

theoretically this could be achieved by just calculating the scope /zoom level using 0% as an exaple ads image.png.5d647d309d315894f2cef6d8905cf530.png

while using 177.78% for scopes with a larger zoom.

some games have specific scopes as an option  which alow far more granular control

image.png.40b89fb24a2a3c5aa101d85cdbc5bb44.png

but you wouldnt use 2 scales at ones that makes no sense from a mathemaical standpoint