Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

Read more...

Halo Infinite

52 minutes ago, MoistGeorgeBush said:

OK after playing a few games I definitely notice a difference after changing these two settings. The steam controller support one seemed to make the most difference. The difference isn't as obvious with easy to use weapons like the AR or BR, but I did much better with the sidekick which I've always struggled with. I have no idea how you found these settings haha

The steam input one I saw somewhere online where controller players were going insane over losing their precious aim assist because of the Steam input interfering or something along those lines lol. Apparently this setting helps controller players a lot as well. Then someone had mentioned that it seems to have a positive effect on mouse/keyboard use as well and sure enough when I tried it myself, it did.

The motion assisted steering setting I discovered myself as I just went through every damn single setting I could find in the Halo menu because I could swear something was wrong with how mouse and keyboard felt in the game. I enabled/disabled the setting a hundred times to make sure I wasn't just imagining things, lol. Like surely 343 Industries couldn't have screwed up that bad and it's just placebo on my part... but I honestly don't think it is. That's why I was curious as to whether other people would notice it as well.

Edited by pervysage

The "Sensitivity 1" setting is "Sensitivity Scale (Horizontal)", not "Mouse Sensitivity"

Is this intentional? By default when you change "Sensitivity 1" in simple/default mode, its not changing Mouse sensitivity, but rather only the horizontal multiplier.

Thanks.

• Wizard
28 minutes ago, cabatchi said:

The "Sensitivity 1" setting is "Sensitivity Scale (Horizontal)", not "Mouse Sensitivity"

Is this intentional? By default when you change "Sensitivity 1" in simple/default mode, its not changing Mouse sensitivity, but rather only the horizontal multiplier.

Yes, it's intentional because it gives you the option to lower it to increase the accuracy. If they are swapped around it will always end up being calculated to value "1". It's a limitation of the simple mode, but I'll see if I can add a calculation with them swapped around for simple mode.

• Wizard
1 minute ago, Pinst88 said:

tell me if I choose the option 0.8 and 2.2, it will be different from 1 and 1.8?

Yes,
0.8x2.2=1.76
1x1.8=1.8

So they are different. Both these values are used in your hipfire sensitivity. With the Horizontal Sensitivity Scale you want to go as low as possible without going above the maximum for the Mouse Sensitivity value, this gives your the best precision.

1 минуту назад, DPI Wizard сказал:

Yes,
0.8x2.2=1.76
1x1.8=1.8

So they are different. Both these values are used in your hipfire sensitivity. With the Horizontal Sensitivity Scale you want to go as low as possible without going above the maximum for the Mouse Sensitivity value, this gives your the best precision.

Thank you. About the 4 mm difference, I understood that from the beginning. I thought suddenly there is a difference for viewing angle or sight scaling, but as it turns out, there is no difference, thanks again for the answer :)

• Wizard
49 minutes ago, sc0zz said:

on the calc it say that sens isn't affected by fov but if I change the fov, the scope sensitivites do change - am I missing something or is this an error and there should be a green tick next to affected by fov?

What this means is that the aim/scope will not changed 360 distance when you change FOV.

So if you are convert using 360 distance, the sensitivity will stay the same. But as soon as you use a conversion method that involves FOV (e.g. any other than 360 distance), the sensitivity will change because a new 360 distance has to be calculated based on the FOV.

Hope that made sense :)

3 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

What this means is that the aim/scope will not changed 360 distance when you change FOV.

So if you are convert using 360 distance, the sensitivity will stay the same. But as soon as you use a conversion method that involves FOV (e.g. any other than 360 distance), the sensitivity will change because a new 360 distance has to be calculated based on the FOV.

Hope that made sense :)

Yea, it does. Which I knew, so I don't know what I was even asking 🙄. Thanks anyway. Wierd game - loads of discrepencies - minimised by setting in game fov to max though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - this post reckons the commando is 2x zoom but is listed under 2.5x in the settings - can you check the calculation applies for it? - thanks so much for all your hard work. Also, some FOVs do not stick - so for example 114 should provide the best consistency for me between hip and ads but if I set that and navigate away and back, the game has set it to 113. Same for 110 - it gets set to 109 - unless I edit the config found in %appdata% local Haloinfinite, then it seems to stick.

Edited by sc0zz
  • Wizard
9 hours ago, sc0zz said:

Hi - this post reckons the commando is 2x zoom but is listed under 2.5x in the settings - can you check the calculation applies for it? - thanks so much for all your hard work. Also, some FOVs do not stick - so for example 114 should provide the best consistency for me between hip and ads but if I set that and navigate away and back, the game has set it to 113. Same for 110 - it gets set to 109 - unless I edit the config found in %appdata% local Haloinfinite, then it seems to stick.

I've added the 2.0X now, and updated the FOV information on how to set it in the config file if it doesn't stick in-game.

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with the zoom sensitivities here in Halo Inifinite. I'm trying to convert my CS:GO sensitivity of 1.6 (in game) with 400 DPI which nets a 25.56 inches for a 360° turn. According to to the sensitivity calculator my zoom sensititivities would be 1.2 at x1.4, 1.1 at x2.5, .9 at x5 etc. These Zoom Sensitivity values are way to low for me to achieve a similar 360° and the value itself is unpredictable when adjusting it. Far be it from me to imply the calculator is wrong but what am I missing here I would just like my Zoom aim to be the same as my hipfire but even if I try to convert halo infinite hipfire which is where I want, directly to the x1.4 sensitiivity the Calculator spits out seemingly nonsensicle results. I've read this forum as well with regards to what multipliers correspond to what values in game but I'm lost and my OCD is killing me on this one. The zoom sensitivity is either wildly fast or slower than my hip fire sensitivity. I know that controller overshadows KB+M on Infinite but it's surprising how little discussion there is regarding this (outside of this here forum). I understand as well witht the restriction of 2 on the Zoom Sensitivity that I may never be able to achieve my hipfire sens at high zoom but at least for x1.4 & x2.5/2.0 that my aim will be 1:1 with hipfire. Any guideance in this area is supremely appreciated!

formousesens.PNG

• Wizard
3 minutes ago, Jayo1177 said:

I understand as well witht the restriction of 2 on the Zoom Sensitivity that I may never be able to achieve my hipfire sens at high zoom but at least for x1.4 & x2.5/2.0 that my aim will be 1:1 with hipfire. Any guideance in this area is supremely appreciated!

Having the same 360 distance for scopes is a bad idea, they will be insanely sensitive and the smallest movement will make the crosshair skip a huge distance making aiming basically impossible. It's also not possible to achieve in most games since it's way above the maximum scope sensitivity.

For low powered ADS it might makes sense in some games, and it's just about achievable for the 1.4X in Halo with your settings:

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=0add873ffe1a7cb36c17110a37f83624

All other scopes will be out of range as you can see.

For scopes you typically want to match the movement on screen rather than your 360 distance, as this will make aiming consistent between different zoom levels.

The default setup of the calculator matches the tracking speed, so tracking a moving target requires the same speed regardless of zoom:

Hi Wizard,

Thanks so much for that thorough explanation. I've been looking at it with the wrong perspective for sure. Could I ask regarding games like Battlefield where they implement unified soldier aiming is equality of screen movement the objective rather than 360 distance or in Overwatch when setting zoom sensitivity to 38? This is what I was hoping to achieve in Halo. Thank you already though I'll try some new settings!!

• Wizard
1 hour ago, Jayo1177 said:

Could I ask regarding games like Battlefield where they implement unified soldier aiming is equality of screen movement the objective rather than 360 distance or in Overwatch when setting zoom sensitivity to 38? 

Correct for Widowmaker/Ana compared to Battlefield with USA on and coefficient set to 0 and the FOV set to the same as Overwatch, like this:

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=0f80832ee4a494a7fc322dcf9d8f1cf1

5 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

Having the same 360 distance for scopes is a bad idea, they will be insanely sensitive and the smallest movement will make the crosshair skip a huge distance making aiming basically impossible. It's also not possible to achieve in most games since it's way above the maximum scope sensitivity.

For low powered ADS it might makes sense in some games, and it's just about achievable for the 1.4X in Halo with your settings:

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=0add873ffe1a7cb36c17110a37f83624

All other scopes will be out of range as you can see.

For scopes you typically want to match the movement on screen rather than your 360 distance, as this will make aiming consistent between different zoom levels.

The default setup of the calculator matches the tracking speed, so tracking a moving target requires the same speed regardless of zoom:

Is the script you use to move the mouse for this test/video/example something you are able or willing to share? Or a similar one that always turns the same speed based on monitor.

While this might be off topic, in the past I calculated Apex Legends to get that sort of 1:1 aim based on the fov/zoom values and got the following numbers:

mouse_sensitivity "1.2"
mouse_use_per_scope_sensitivity_scalars "1"
mouse_zoomed_sensitivity_scalar_0 "1.319"
mouse_zoomed_sensitivity_scalar_1 "1.33"
mouse_zoomed_sensitivity_scalar_2 "1.409"
mouse_zoomed_sensitivity_scalar_3 "1.435"
mouse_zoomed_sensitivity_scalar_4 "1.454"
mouse_zoomed_sensitivity_scalar_5 "1.462"
mouse_zoomed_sensitivity_scalar_6 "1.4654"
mouse_zoomed_sensitivity_scalar_7 "1.467"

but they are different than what the calculator is showing. So I am not sure if I am using the calculator incorrectly(these settings: nY4qour.png). The above values feel extremely close to 1:1 (what you were showing in the video), but having a script to validate that would be really helpful. Using the calculator values made it feel as if it was too slow for the 1x/iron sights(calculator gives these values sX2RXln.png)

On trying to do the same thing in halo Infinite, I did notice that we don't seem to have the granularity to have perfect 1:1 aim as in the video in halo infinite, it seems either too slow(1.3), or too fast(1.4) for the scope multipliers. 1.4 was the closest I was able to get, however, using the calculator values for halo also didn't quite feel right(in the case of 2.5x sense, it recommends 1.1 multiplier instead of 1.4, which feels way too slow). The results are output here

T03qRf9.png

Overall, my goal would be exactly what you showcased in that video, so aiming while ADSing at any zoom sensitivity feels the exact same moving left/right and up/down. But I can't seem to replicate those results in apex legends or halo infinite based on the calculator input/output. 

• 1 month later...

I ran a basic AHK script to simulate mouse movement and ran a test against every sensitivity a while ago.

These are what I found to be the closest sensitivity modifiers:

Zoom level: 1.4x sens 1.4
Zoom level: 2.5 sens: 1.3 - 1.4
Zoom level: 3.0x sens: 1.3
Zoom level: 5.0x sens: 1.1
Zoom level: 6.0x sens: 1.1
Zoom level: 10.0x sens: 1.1

Here's an AHK script I've built to test by snapping to the edge of the visible screen.

;;;;;;;;
; Init ;
;;;;;;;;
#SingleInstance,Force
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%
SetTitleMatchMode 2
#WinActivateForce
SetControlDelay 1
SetWinDelay 0
SetKeyDelay -1
SetMouseDelay -1
SetBatchLines -1

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; MacroRecorder defaults ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
SendMouse_RelativeMove(x, y) { ; send fast relative mouse moves
	DllCall("mouse_event", "UInt", 0x01, "UInt", x, "UInt", y) ; move
	}

QPC_Sleep(S) {
	global Q,F
	DllCall("QueryPerformanceCounter", "int64*", C1)
	while (((C2 - C1) / F) < S)
	DllCall("QueryPerformanceCounter", "int64*", C2)
	return true
	}

QPC(R := 0) {
	global Q,F
	static P := 0
	return !DllCall("QueryPerformanceCounter", "int64*", Q) + (R ? (P := Q) / F : (Q - P) / F)
	}

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Test case setup ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Variables ;
global DPI		:=2400
global Sens		:=10
global sensScale	:=0.1
global inches360	:= ((DPI/Sens*SensScale)/3.6)
	;this correctly outputs 6.66667 or 2/3

global snapDistance	:= 2550
	;this is on 6.666667 360 degree distance in inches.
	;65 FOV (360/5.538461538461) is ~1465 (lowest)
	;72 FOV (360/5) is ~1595
	;90 FOV (360/4) is ~1980
	;100 FOV (360/3.6) is ~2175
	;120 FOV (360/3)is ~2550 (highest)
	;not certain how the AHK mouse distance relates to ingame settings

; Functions ;
snap(distance) { ; Snaps to snapDistance
	SendMouse_RelativeMove(distance, 0)
	QPC_Sleep(1)
	}

snapStep(distance, steps) { ; Snaps in steps
	While (A_Index <= steps) {
		SendMouse_RelativeMove((distance/steps), 0)
		QPC_Sleep(0.1/steps)
		}
	QPC_Sleep(1)
	}

; Bindings ;
F5:: ; Refresh
	MsgBox DPI %DPI%`nSens %Sens%`nsensScale %sensScale%`nFOV %FOV%`ninches360 %inches360%`nsnapDistance %snapDistance%
	reload
	return

F4:: ; Run Test
	Q := DllCall("QueryPerformanceFrequency", "int64*", F)
	QPC(1)
	snapStep(-snapDistance, 5)	;Left snap in steps
	snapStep(snapDistance, 5)	;Right snap in steps
	snap(-snapDistance)		;Left snap
	snap(snapDistance)		;Right snap
	reload				;Refresh
	return
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Wizard
3 minutes ago, t3h_m00kz said:

according to my testing mouse-sensitivity's zoom sensitivity recommendations are incorrect.

The ADS sensitivity values in many games are completely arbitrary, there's no connection between the value, the FOV and the relative sensitivity.

That's the case with this game, and why this calculator exists :) If I understand you correctly you are at the end trying to find the correct MDH 100% for each scope, which would be like this:

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=44ff8a87218d204de7c0983c5fa7c0c5

But it depends on your specific aspect ratio and FOV settings.

Also, what exactly do you mean by "hacking out the Zoom Profile"?

37 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

The ADS sensitivity values in many games are completely arbitrary, there's no connection between the value, the FOV and the relative sensitivity.

That's the case with this game, and why this calculator exists :) If I understand you correctly you are at the end trying to find the correct MDH 100% for each scope, which would be like this:

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=44ff8a87218d204de7c0983c5fa7c0c5

But it depends on your specific aspect ratio and FOV settings.

Also, what exactly do you mean by "hacking out the Zoom Profile"?

As in modding the weapon sight using Infinite Runtime Tag Viewer to ignore the "Zoom Sensitivity" settings under Settings > Keyboard and Mouse.1TwPYOd6nJ0WO8ve6F1cqBjup?token=eyJhbGciOiJkaXIiLCJlbmMiOiJBMTI4Q0JDLUhTMjU2In0..5gqJ2U-Bu9OMBigRsrutIA.ZGdUHyTHOlr8hyS5nNqHBVC9koJh7_3qMi_ieca-8fXJeNiphCP5JUAoXt2ZXl2tqtFw-bVnuGeo4OkezkgyX1xzjkx1F0SKFmvcrgUaD5dFpjlgrOL0ThsNSxph3DMgRsNGMM-OtuYaS-Vk66yoYhD5ozFLCGBWBomG3tQACgjQyJ8JrlToe9yJ82Ib0u-j2_SqBtbujfWsNy_vNQUScAwr_vY8bwN-KG9ge8fXyXinynxPvqy0wlehmbkhgLAVONzXxjruEryRXLGiJ1yWashJ26-tXfu-MdiZ5lg5iwo.tmUJEa58wiHwsbJ5vSgz3A

15 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Gotcha. Yeah, the zoom sensitivity in Halo is really badly implemented.

yeah It's real bad.

If the Zoom Profile system gets reworked to calculate (mouse sensitivity / weapon sight magnification) * zoom profile sensitivity=output sens, it should improve significantly.

I've submitted a support ticket on Waypoint and they've forwarded it to the devs.

Edited by t3h_m00kz