Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

BattleBit Remastered

Hey, I've been a long time fan of the site and have used it for many games, I'm having some trouble though. I've read the Instructions and this more detailed description of Conversion Methods, but I'm still not sure if I'm doing things correctly. I'm wanting to convert my Sensitivity from something like CS:GO or Overwatch, to BattleBit. I've h ad the same problems in the past with games like PUBG, Battlefield: 4, BF1, games with different Scope Zoom Levels, FOVs', Scaling. I understand from personal experience and this post that taking the raw hipfire 360/in and applying it across all scopes will make higher magnification scopes extremely sensitive. What I think I want is for all of the Scopes to "feel" the same, either physical distance, or maybe viewspeed wise? The information and discussions in Skidushe's post helped me understand more about the conversion methods, but I'm just wanting to make sure I did it right.

My 360/in is 17.0455 inches, I use a DPI of 3200.

I'm using my "Distance" as my Conversion Source. "Hipfire/Look" is set to "360° Distance"; Windows / 2D is set to Monitor Distance - Horizontal with "0%". I'm using 360° for ADS; and, Monitor Distance - Vertical with "0%" in the first box, and "100%" in "Scale".

• Source Game: Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Hipfire
    • Sensitivity 1: Mouse Sensitivity 0.30
      • 360° Distance: 17.0455 inches
      • Discrepancy: -0.0003% (-0 inches) - DPI for 0%: 3199.9904 (Multiplier 0.999997)
      • Pixel ratio: 0.0829 pixels/count
      • Actual VFOV: 73.739795 degrees

• Convert to: BattleBit Remastered - All
    • Mouse Horizontal Sensitivity 13
      • 360° Distance: 17.3077 inches
      • Discrepancy: 1.5385% (0.2622 inches) - DPI for 0%: 3249.232 (Multiplier 1.015385)
      • Pixel ratio: 0.0354 pixels/count
      • Actual VFOV: 120 degrees

When I do "All" it provides a "Vertical Aim Down Sight" Sensitivity of: "26". This gives me:
  • 1x: 102
  • 2x: 73
  • 3x: 72
  • 4x-40x: 71

Is this correct? It doesn't really feel right but it also doesn't feel bad? It seems like there should be more variance.

When I do the conversions for the scopes individually it defaults "Vertical Aim Down Sight" to "100". If I don't enter "26" manually, or verify "100" is being used, I get different values. These values also don't feel quite right but don't feel bad, either. There is still a lack of variance at the different magnifications. Doing the cconversions this way also results in my Ironsight Sensitivity being extremely high because it is tied to "Vertical Aim Down Sight" to "100". I'm fine with this if this way is more accurate for what I'm wanting because I hardly ever plan to use Ironsights, and if I want to I can change it to "26".

• 1x: 26
  • 2x: 19
  • 3x: 19
  • 4x: 19
  • 6x-40x: 18

I know this is a lot of information and I'm sorry if it complicated things. As I said before I'm just wanting all the scopes to "feel" right at tracking. Like in this video? I think.

Here's an image showing my setup for these conversions when converting to "BattleBit Remastered - All":

f3eH19y.png

Thank you so much to anyone who can understand and help. And thank you to the amazing people who have worked so hard to put this incredible site together. I wish I could afford an outright Lifetime Membership.

Edited by saw141
Typo
  • Wizard
10 hours ago, saw141 said:

When I do "All" it provides a "Vertical Aim Down Sight" Sensitivity of: "26". This gives me:

• 1x: 102
  • 2x: 73
  • 3x: 72
  • 4x-40x: 71

Is this correct? It doesn't really feel right but it also doesn't feel bad? It seems like there should be more variance.

This is correct, but since there's a huge difference in hipfire FOV (73.74 vs 120), it might throw the feeling off a bit. Remember that the scopes are matched to the 73.74 FOV of CSGO, not BattleBit's FOV. It might not suite the gameplay of BattleBit as much, but if you set the FOV to 74, everything will be pretty much identical.

10 hours ago, saw141 said:

When I do the conversions for the scopes individually it defaults "Vertical Aim Down Sight" to "100". If I don't enter "26" manually, or verify "100" is being used, I get different values. These values also don't feel quite right but don't feel bad, either. There is still a lack of variance at the different magnifications. Doing the cconversions this way also results in my Ironsight Sensitivity being extremely high because it is tied to "Vertical Aim Down Sight" to "100". I'm fine with this if this way is more accurate for what I'm wanting because I hardly ever plan to use Ironsights, and if I want to I can change it to "26".

• 1x: 26
  • 2x: 19
  • 3x: 19
  • 4x: 19
  • 6x-40x: 18

The end result for the scopes are exactly the same as when using 26, except for as you say Ironsight witch will be very high. The recommended way is using the values from the "All" conversion as that keeps everything matched.

The reason the more powerful scopes all come out to the same value is simply because of the lack of decimals.

1 hour ago, DPI Wizard said:

This is correct, but since there's a huge difference in hipfire FOV (73.74 vs 120), it might throw the feeling off a bit. Remember that the scopes are matched to the 73.74 FOV of CSGO, not BattleBit's FOV. It might not suite the gameplay of BattleBit as much, but if you set the FOV to 74, everything will be pretty much identical.

The end result for the scopes are exactly the same as when using 26, except for as you say Ironsight witch will be very high. The recommended way is using the values from the "All" conversion as that keeps everything matched.

The reason the more powerful scopes all come out to the same value is simply because of the lack of decimals.

Thank you so much for replying and explaining. Is there any way to mitigate the FOV difference issue without changing the FOV down to 74?

I converted my sensitivities from BF5 to Battlebit with the same FOV but sometimes the aim just feels of and I can't put a finger on it. When I flick and aim I should be on target but sometimes I'm just not there. Feels like there is some mouse acceleration but there shouldn't be any. Anyone any idea or experiencing the same regarding inconsistency?

EDIT: Did some research and it might be the insane aim punch the game has.

Edited by Mixthat
  • Wizard
On 7/21/2023 at 12:31 PM, saw141 said:

Thank you so much for replying and explaining. Is there any way to mitigate the FOV difference issue without changing the FOV down to 74?

Yes, by using any conversion method other than 360 distance for hipfire, but this will obviously impact how hipfire feel, especially in terms of navigation (i.e. how far you move your mouse to turn around a corner etc).

On 7/22/2023 at 7:34 AM, DPI Wizard said:

Yes, by using any conversion method other than 360 distance for hipfire, but this will obviously impact how hipfire feel, especially in terms of navigation (i.e. how far you move your mouse to turn around a corner etc).

So would I not be able to retain my 360/in of 17.0455 inches? I attempted to do this and it resulted in wildly different 360/in amounts.

In your original response you said "The recommended way is using the values from the "All" conversion as that keeps everything matched.". Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the case, I'm not sure why.

Examples:

• For the 1x Scope Calculation: If "Sensitivity 1: Aim Down Sight Horizontal Sensitivity = "100"", my "Multiplier 1: 1X Sensitivity = "26"". This results in a 360° Distance: "17.3077 inches", which perfectly matches my calculated Hipfire Sensitivity for Battlebit. This is great because it means my 1x (Red Dots) are 1:1 with my Hipfire movement.

• But, if I do the "All" calculation, it does not let me enter my own value for "Sensitivity 1: Aim Down Sight Horizontal Sensitivity = "100"" because it itself is a part of the calculation. Unfortunately BattleBit bases all of the scope sensitivity calculations off of the ADS value for Ironsights. So, if I do "All" I get an ""Aim Down Sight Horizontal Sensitivity = "26". 360° Distance: 17.3077 inches"". But, this causes me to get a ""Multiplier 1: 1X Sensitivity = "102" (Short Range). 360° Distance: 16.9683 inches"" This makes my Ironsight 1:1 with my Hipfire, but my 1x is off and different from the "1x" Calculation. All of the other values appear to be the same, such as ""4x (Acog): Multiplier 1: 4X Sensitivity = "71". 360° Distance: 97.5081 inches"" in both calculations. Is this issue due again to the limited rounding in BattleBit, and would there appear to be any practical way to eliminate this issue aside from just compromising?

Thank you so much for your absolutely incredible dedication to this amazing site.

• Wizard
10 minutes ago, saw141 said:

So would I not be able to retain my 360/in of 17.0455 inches? I attempted to do this and it resulted in wildly different 360/in amounts.

Correct, using a FOV based conversion will result in a pretty huge difference in 360 distance when the FOV difference is so big.

9 minutes ago, saw141 said:
  • For the 1x Scope Calculation: If "Sensitivity 1: Aim Down Sight Horizontal Sensitivity = "100"", my "Multiplier 1: 1X Sensitivity = "26"". This results in a 360° Distance: "17.3077 inches", which perfectly matches my calculated Hipfire Sensitivity for Battlebit.
  • Is this issue due again to the limited rounding in BattleBit, and would there appear to be any practical way to eliminate this issue aside from just compromising?

The target for the calculation is 17.0455, so yes this is a limitation due to the lack of decimals. The ADS 360 distance is too long at 17.3077, so for the 1x this is compensated for by increasing the sensitivity to 102. With a proper amount if decimals this wouldn't be an issue.

30 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Correct, using a FOV based conversion will result in a pretty huge difference in 360 distance when the FOV difference is so big.

The target for the calculation is 17.0455, so yes this is a limitation due to the lack of decimals. The ADS 360 distance is too long at 17.3077, so for the 1x this is compensated for by increasing the sensitivity to 102. With a proper amount if decimals this wouldn't be an issue.

Thank you for replying again. How would I try to do the conversion not using a FOV based calculation then? What should "Hipfire / Look" and "ADS" be set to? I'm sorry, but the options and how to choose them are confusing for me.

I'm okay with the 17.3077 being off from 17.0455. I just would like for Hipfire/1x to be consistent, primarily. In my original post I also talked about wanting scopes to "feel" consistent across all zoom levels, not have the same 360/in. I think I achieved this by using Monitor Distance - Vertical for Scope Conversion, they feel alright. I think I may just continue using a "Sensitivity 1: Aim Down Sight Horizontal Sensitivity = "100"" so that my 1x is 1:1 with my Hipfire. It's only an issue if I'm using Ironsighted weapons and if I am I can just change it to ""Aim Down Sight Horizontal Sensitivity = "26"really quick.

• Wizard
14 minutes ago, saw141 said:

Thank you for replying again. How would I try to do the conversion not using a FOV based calculation then? What should "Hipfire / Look" and "ADS" be set to? I'm sorry, but the options and how to choose them are confusing for me.

I'm okay with the 17.3077 being off from 17.0455. I just would like for Hipfire/1x to be consistent, primarily. In my original post I also talked about wanting scopes to "feel" consistent across all zoom levels, not have the same 360/in. I think I achieved this by using Monitor Distance - Vertical for Scope Conversion, they feel alright. I think I may just continue using a "Sensitivity 1: Aim Down Sight Horizontal Sensitivity = "100"" so that my 1x is 1:1 with my Hipfire. It's only an issue if I'm using Ironsighted weapons and if I am I can just change it to ""Aim Down Sight Horizontal Sensitivity = "26"really quick.

If you're not using 360 distance for hipfire, you should ideally use the same method as you use for ADS/scopes. Everyone got different preferences though, so nothing is written in stone.

Using MDV 0% will keep the tracking speed consistent between the scopes, and this is one of the most preferred methods.

• Wizard
58 minutes ago, saw141 said:

I think I may just continue using a "Sensitivity 1: Aim Down Sight Horizontal Sensitivity = "100"" so that my 1x is 1:1 with my Hipfire. It's only an issue if I'm using Ironsighted weapons and if I am I can just change it to ""Aim Down Sight Horizontal Sensitivity = "26"really quick.

You can use Aim Down Sight Horizontal Sensitivity 26 and just set 1X Sensitivity to 100 instead of 102. This will give you the same result :)

On 7/24/2023 at 4:08 PM, DPI Wizard said:

You can use Aim Down Sight Horizontal Sensitivity 26 and just set 1X Sensitivity to 100 instead of 102. This will give you the same result :)

Is there a way I can modify Multiplier 1 in the calculator to confirm this? I tested it in game and it does seem to be 1:1.

Edited by saw141
Addition.
  • Wizard
46 minutes ago, Tyquze said:

I want to have a 1:1 sens in BattleBit (32cm for 360) but it just feels wrong everytime I try to use the calculator

1:1 sens is not a thing, you have to choose one aspect of the sensitivity to match.

If you want the same 360 distance, you have to set the ADS and Scope conversion to 360 distance.

image.png

But note that this will make the 40X etc completely unusable as they will skip a lot of pixels with the smallest movement, making it practically impossible to aim at anything.

I strongly recommend MDH/MDV 0% as it's mathematically equivalent to scaling sensitivity by zoom level. That's to say if when you ADS everything appears 3x larger, your sensitivity will be 1/3rd.

e.g. with my sensitivity I have 46cm/360° in hipfire. At 71° vFOV the red dot has 1.23546x zoom (tan(71°/2)/tan(60°/2)=1.23546). With the calculator set to MDV 0% it recommends 56.83116cm/360. 46cm * 1.23546 ~= 56.83116cm. Another old example I made for Overwatch: https://imgur.com/a/szjlq

Edited by Skwuruhl
Am 30.7.2023 um 16:32 schrieb DPI Wizard:

1:1 sens is not a thing, you have to choose one aspect of the sensitivity to match.

If you want the same 360 distance, you have to set the ADS and Scope conversion to 360 distance.

image.png

But note that this will make the 40X etc completely unusable as they will skip a lot of pixels with the smallest movement, making it practically impossible to aim at anything.

Hey, thanks for your response. I just wanted the 1:1 for the mid range scopes so no worries. Appreciate the help :)

• 5 months later...