Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Am I Doing a 0% Match Here?

I play PUBG and I currently have all my sensitivity values, except for the vertical sensitivity multiplier, set to the same value. What this translates to is different cm/360 values for each scope used in the game, so no two scopes use the same cm/360 value for aiming. The cm/360 values are scaled according to FOV, which starts from 80 FOV and is divided by the magnification ratio of each scope: For example, a 3x scope is 80/3 FOV. I believe the scaling makes aiming feel more natural.

I have a question, though. Is this what is considered to be a 0% match? I recently read a thread on this site that compared 0% match and 100% match and it has me confused. How does either match affect my tracking or flicking if I'm simply working with a cm/360 value for aiming? Isn't that sensitivity something that I get used to over time, so my tracking or flicking isn't affected?

• Wizard
1 minute ago, MarkTheSkilled said:

The cm/360 values are scaled according to FOV, which starts from 80 FOV and is divided by the magnification ratio of each scope: For example, a 3x scope is 80/3 FOV. I believe the scaling makes aiming feel more natural.

I have a question, though. Is this what is considered to be a 0% match?

No, this is 100% match horizontally.

5 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

No, this is 100% match horizontally.

Okay, here's what confuses me: How does the matching percentage affect the way one tracks or flicks if all the person is working with is a cm/360 value for aiming? For example, say I start at 20cm/360 and while using a 4x scope, that changes to 30cm/360, how would that affect flicking or tracking if I have gotten used to both sensitivity values over time? Shouldn't the muscle memory come naturally? Also, is there anything particularly wrong with 100% matching? In my experience, aiming feels natural across all the scopes.

• Wizard
1 minute ago, MarkTheSkilled said:

Okay, here's what confuses me: How does the matching percentage affect the way one tracks or flicks if all the person is working with is a cm/360 value for aiming? For example, say I start at 20cm/360 and while using a 4x scope, that changes to 30cm/360, how would that affect flicking or tracking if I have gotten used to both sensitivity values over time? Shouldn't the muscle memory come naturally? Also, is there anything particularly wrong with 100% matching? In my experience, aiming feels natural across all the scopes.

You always have three aspects of a sensitivity:

• 360 Distance
  • Tracking speed
  • Flick distance to monitor distance X

Neither of these are interchangeable unless you also have the exact save FOV. Which one is best also depends on the game and your preference.

There's nothing wrong with 100% for all aims, a lot of games actually default to this. But it might be too fast especially for high power scopes for some.
0% is the other end of the scale which also a lot of games default too. The issues here is opposite, some find the high power scopes too slow. So to find your best match you have to do a bit of trial and error.

10 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

• 360 Distance
  • Tracking speed

Neither of these are interchangeable unless you also have the exact save FOV. Which one is best also depends on the game and your preference.

There's nothing wrong with 100% for all aims, a lot of games actually default to this. But it might be too fast especially for high power scopes for some.
0% is the other end of the scale which also a lot of games default too. The issues here is opposite, some find the high power scopes too slow. So to find your best match you have to do a bit of trial and error.

Oh, I think I understand it better now. So, all in all, whatever you choose is personal preference, right?

o% works well for PUBG once you get used to it, because its more natural for tracking which is a huge part of the game when shooting at moving targets.

I use 20% though, as it gives me a tiny bit faster scopes which feels slightly nicer. This matches in pubg to the same edge to edge of the zoomed in scope sizes, which feels nice.

Edited by Snook_
On 5/17/2022 at 2:44 PM, DPI Wizard said:

• 360 Distance
  • Tracking speed

thoughts on viewspeed, because I've just started to mess around with mdh/mdv but viewspeed always felt solid