Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV are not correct until you wake up in the cave.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Yet another monitor distance formula variant

Go to solution Solved by DPI Wizard,

• Wizard
1 minute ago, TheNoobPolice said:

Excellent!

The only thing I noticed is setting scope power to 0 (which admittedly there is no point in doing, since it is then just the limit monitor distance for any FOV) results in the calculations voiding and an error message saying adjust scale to 1

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=8c7946577c6d712c7895650d19b0fdd

Since it's using the scale field I kept the error check as it doesn't make any sense to use 0 for power, but I'll update the error message to say scale/power 👍

Fantastic, love that it is automated.

I found that for deep rock galactic + remnant from the ashes where there are separate sensitivity for vertical and horizontal, the vertical sensitivity doesn't populate, just says "NA'.

The vertical sensitivity is also sometimes different, not 1:1 with horizontal (pretty sure remnant is like this) so cannot just copy the horizontal figure.

• Wizard
3 hours ago, lolngoway007 said:

I found that for deep rock galactic + remnant from the ashes where there are separate sensitivity for vertical and horizontal, the vertical sensitivity doesn't populate, just says "NA'.

The vertical sensitivity is also sometimes different, not 1:1 with horizontal (pretty sure remnant is like this) so cannot just copy the horizontal figure.

This issue should be fixed now, check again to see if it works for you :)

4 hours ago, Magico.- said:

Would someone be able to explain to me in its simplest form how to use the new function on the website with this method please?

Thanks!

I think DPI WIzard's summary here is nicely succinct.

But here's how I will use it personally:

Set both ADS and Scope aim classifications to Monitor Distance - Dynamic and also to the same values. The defaults of 200% for both are good. I would leave hipfire on 360 distance.

image.thumb.png.1f10d14638e6fb941fa7714c36c270b9.png

Set the game's base hipfire and FOV to your preference, then match "all" aims. For example, here's using it from Battlefield 1 hipfire and FOV,  to scale all the Battlefield V zooms

image.thumb.png.00544474d56178c2aecb314be0ec2ac7.png

You then get the outputs for each scope multiplier

image.thumb.png.f6cf31e6a4141cd4160f2f1d64d64daf.png

Because the default scaling in the game uses monitor distance 133%, dynamic scaling here reduces the sensitivity of the low zooms a little, and increases it for the high zooms by a similar amount in this example.

Edited by TheNoobPolice

Out of curiosity, the original version (vFOV) - you had mentioned limit 2/power 2 made sense as it resulted in 0.5 zoom sensitivity multiplier (im guessing that is 50% MDV?) at exactly half the hipfire vFOV.

With the change to zoom level instead of vFOV ratio, is there a new set of 'make the most sense' limit/power figures? I note that limit 2/power 2 results in 50% MDV at zoom level of x2.00.

I don't understand enough of the formula relationship etc but figured best to just ask you. 

TLDR = what are the 'makes most sense' limit/power figures for zoom level (instead of vFOV ratio), if any?

Edited by mlem

Originally I was framing the idea as scaling based on FOV values. 2 & 2 made the most sense because the mid-point of monitor distance was then the midpoint of the FOV scale range. This made it easy to visualise without any graph - one could easily remember that when the FOV cuts in half your "mouse movement to monitor match point" is exactly half way between the crosshair and top of the screen (this website tells you the FOV change in it's outputs, but doesn't tell you the zoom level), and it's easy to visualise this point getting closer to the crosshair on smaller FOV changes than that, and moving upwards as the change gets larger. The curve also produced very sensible outputs as far as the FOV ranges typically chosen / used in games.

But the purpose of the method is really to have a personal barometer for ADS/Scope/Zoom transition across games to your preference, and as you rightly pointed out, when the base hipfire FOV was significantly different the FOV change ratio is actually unimportant, rather instead the actual zoom (i.e level of "magnification" effectively) as far as the users perception. So better to keep this relationship. In either case, though, the fundamental method is still the same - starts at focal length scaling, ends up at some monitor distance and the values of 200% for both limit / power are still likely the best defaults.

The change to V2 made the scaling slightly more aggressive toward the limit with the same limit & power values, but there would be no "makes sense" in the same way because the "zoom amount" is not shown anyway on this site's conversion output, and this is all now moot since DPI Wizard added the ability to customise the options directly here so the user can store their own preference in a preset. I like limit 150% and power 250%, which at my hipfire vFOV of 84 is basically the same as limit 150% / power 200% in the linear ratio version I first mapped my preference to. The reason this doesn't matter to me personally either way, is because for any game where I would personally care about this I will always use the same hipfire vFOV that I am used to.

Edited by TheNoobPolice
  • 2 months later...