Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

360 vs vertical/horizontal matching

Go to solution Solved by GoncasN,

Hey guys, I was converting my sens from Overwatch 2 to BattleBit Remastered and I was wondering if I should use the hipfire 360 matching or the vertical/horizontal matching

The results of the converstions are vastly different, which one is the better one to keep the same "feel/muscle memory?

And why are ADS and Scope always matched by Vertical? why does the hipfire come as default on 360 distance? shouldn't vertical be the best for everything?

Edited by GoncasN
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, GoncasN said:

Hey guys, I was converting my sens from Overwatch 2 to BattleBit Remastered and I was wondering if I should use the hipfire 360 matching or the vertical/horizontal matching

The results of the converstions are vastly different, which one is the better one to keep the same "feel/muscle memory?

And why are ADS and Scope always matched by Vertical? why does the hipfire come as default on 360 distance? shouldn't vertical be the best for everything?

i think there are a couple of nice videos in the isntructions that show the differences between all of the options, however the reason why many prefere 360 distance for hipfire isnt accuracy or feel since those arent ideal especially when different hipfire fov are used. it seems to be mostly for the sake of having a similar perception of movement or navigation usage in game ( so "imma flick the exact pointwhere that guy is" but oh so that right hand turn will be done with this movement no matter the fov) for scopes however with the vast differences in fov / zoom it makes no sense to use 360 distance since the vast majority of them will fee horrendus and inconsistent when using 360 dist and youd isnetadopt for a mathematically sound solution like focal lemngth scaling ( 0% mdv / mdh they are msotly the same when you dotn emss with the values or aspect ratios involved )

as for the difference in feeling between thos two games you mentioned id suggest trying the same fov with the same 360 distance on hipfire or using

alternatively you could try somethign like this and use black bars in the game with the tiny fov to simulate a larger fov

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=2014b18a483d2da82616020f51db14ed

image.png.39c79fc90280759e3ba702c5cd5042eb.png

Edited by fortunate reee
6 hours ago, fortunate reee said:

it seems to be mostly for the sake of having a similar perception of movement or navigation usage in game

yeah that makes sens to normalize movement between games

youd isnetadopt for a mathematically sound solution like focal lemngth scaling ( 0% mdv / mdh they are msotly the same when you dotn emss with the values or aspect ratios involved )

i thought i should've been using 100%, why 0%?

configs1.thumb.png.08f4ccebb2f490b0f75e00b143f3f1b4.png

as for the difference in feeling between thos two games you mentioned id suggest trying the same fov with the same 360 distance on hipfire or using

they calculate fov in a different way so for me to get the same FOV i would've to lower the BBR one way too much and wouldnt be able to see much so i dont think i will be able to do that i was using 103 on Overwatch and 90 on BBR, but if i need to match them i would have to go for 70 on BBR which way to low 

alternatively you could try somethign like this and use black bars in the game with the tiny fov to simulate a larger fov

im not a fan of the black bars at all but when i tried that option it gave me the same values if i had picked the monitor distance option

i wonder which one is closer to the 1:1 aim between the games but the focal lenght matching might be the best one in terms of keeping the same feel i would assume

look:

with this

2005480166_360distance.png.1baf9d440fa10df958a462a44e235ea2.png

i get this

391168466_Ow2toBBR360.thumb.png.317f43b17b850f885ce887575148acc2.png

with this

1344997180_monitordistancevertical.png.39737ae1d531623076c1d8c2aa3c9f3d.png

i get this

453724155_Ow2toBBRvertical.thumb.png.3c6d2ae48f06b8baa926f1edb4c20915.png

but with focal lenght matching on the aspect ratio like you said, i get this

1543778285_OW2toBBR360withfocallenght.thumb.png.ab9154185efc2ac0addbe54675765b13.png

• Solution

@fortunate reee ok so update, ive been messing around with the sens and the calculator, and ended up going for 101 FOV on BBR for the least amount of discreapancy (people say to go for values between 90-110 and 101 feels pretty good)

also i matched the 360 sens to ow2 for the movement and then matched all the scopes with the vertical monitor distance with the hipfire i got from the 360, so i get the best of both worlds, i get the same 360 for easier movement between games and i get a good focal length matching for all the scopes which is where it matters, the actual shooting

i could be absolutely wrong about this but i think its right cause i tried the 360 macthing and the hipfire was good but the scopes were too slow

then i tested the monitor distance vertical and the hipfire was way too high but the scopes felt good

then i tested the 360 with focal lenght in aspect ratio and it was the nice hipfire for the 360 but the scopes were even slower

and finally i took the good hipfire sens (46) and used it with the vertical for each single ads/scope and got a nice feel to all of them

am i right for thinking about this this way? it feels like the right way to do things but i could be wrong as i dont understand much about all these calculations and different values of focal lenght etc