Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

API request

Go to solution Solved by DPI Wizard,

The latest openai update let's us create our own GPT's by feeding it new knowledge, either by documentation or by API. With an API, you could create a GPT that does all the work for you, just by asking for it. 

This is merely a suggestion, but one that I would certainly take advantage of if an API would exist. I'm quite the dumb one when it comes to math's, yet I'm very sensitive to and require my games to have the same sensitivity. If I don't have the correct sensitivity, or if I can't achieve it, I would rather not play the game. 

Leveraging the power of GPT4, I'm sure it could help us achieve our goal for those that have a harder time understanding the complexities of converting the sensitivities through all their games.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t really understand what you are getting at here. The work IS already done for you on this website - that’s what the calculator is!

I think in general people have the wrong impression of so-called AI (in reality, pattern matching) models that exist at the moment. It’s just linear algebra. It can’t help you with your human preferences.

Good GPT prompt: “Give me the formula for so and so’s theorem in standard math notation”

Bad GPT prompt: “What colour should I paint my living room?”

GPT is great as a resource for facts or to pull together knowledge which has been typed before “somewhere”, but it can’t decide what kind sensitivity conversion you will prefer in a given game.

• Wizard
  • Solution

As said above, the calculator already does "everything" for you, you don't need to know anything about the complexities of the math, you only need to specify how you want the sensitivity to be converted.

While it could be possible to to make AI answer questions such as
"What sensitivity do I need to set in-game in RoboCop: Rogue City with FOV 116, resolution 2560x1440 and 800 DPI to match the 360 distance of in-game sensitivity 1.48 Apex Legends with FOV 110, 3440x1440 and 1000 DPI?"
it would be faster and more reliable to just select these options in the calculator.

My idea is to be compared with the Wolfram plug-in, I want to achieve a goal, but because of all the complexities that go beyond my understanding, I require a little help with the how to achieve a certain goal. Wolfram is quite a complex but amazing tool, yet I don't always understand how to use it. Same here: there are a few ways to calculate sensitivity, but which one is the best for what I want to achieve? This is where GPT could come in. It would work more as a guide, and less as a calculator, but also as a calculator.

Anyways, I was just throwing in the idea, and I understand that implementing such thing could take more effort than it is worth. 

I made another post in which I have requested help, because I probably just need a little help understanding what I need.