Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Killing Floor 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Two things: the console fov command only sets your fov until you aim or sprint or do pretty much anything. To permanently set your FOV you need to set FOVOptionsPercentageValue in the kfgame.ini. Your final fov is 90 * FOVOptionsPercentageValue.

Second: ZoomedSensitivityScale doesn't seem to be a straight 0 to 100% sensitivity scale due to field of view affecting ADS sensitivity.

I tested this by setting it to 1.0, setting fov to 1.0, and then using AHK to move my mouse slowly 1000 units to the right while in hipfire. I did the same thing at 1.25 FOV and the movements matched. However, you'd expect ADS to also have the same movement since it's set to 1.0, but when I ran the same script, having FOV at 1.0 I had a smaller movement in ADS than hipfire. And when FOV was at 1.25 I had a larger movement in ADS than hipfire.

Edit: I tested again using manual mouse movements and a ruler and got the same results.

Higher FOV causing higher ADS sensitivity persists for all values of ZoomedSensitivityScale.

This can be further tested by using a weapon that has a low zoom amount like a pistol, and then using a higher zoom amount like an AR, and you'll have the same findings.

I already found the base zoom FOV for each non-scoped (the crossbow, m14, and railgun since they have a different zoom amount in the scope) weapon in the game:

Flamethrowers and MWG: 80

All pistols except grenade pistol: 77

All SMGs except MP7 and medic SMG: 75

Grenade launcher and Grenade pistol: 73

All assault rifles, shotguns, RPG, MP7, and medic weapons except the med pistol: 70

Lever Action: 65

These are then multiplied by your FOVOptionsPercentageValue.

Basically higher FOV while ADS = higher sensitivity.

It'd be great if you could add ADS sensitivity. This is so bizarre it may be better to bug the devs about it, but idk.

Edit: this map & game mode give you unlimited money and shit for testing

Edited by Skwuruhl

One other thing I found testing: for pistols the actual "100%" sensivity zoom value is around 0.825 when your FOV slider is set to 1.18

ADS sensitivity seems to scale linearly from there. I.e. 0.4125 would mean you get 50% of a 360 for the mouse movement needed to do a hipfire 360.

Edited by Skwuruhl
  • 8 months later...

The game uses an FOV multiplier in KFGame.ini: FOVOptionsPercentageValue. 1.0 is 90° 16:9.

The fov command in console will only temporarily change fov until you sprint or ADS. FOV settings in any other config file seem to do nothing.

Also there's

LookRightScale=
LookUpScale=

in KFInput which people say to set to 0 to avoid different x/y sensitivity. Be nice if you could test this.

Finally there's

bViewAccelerationEnabled=
bDebugViewAcceleration=

I also don't know if these do anything.

Edited by Skwuruhl
  • 2 weeks later...

LookUpScale and LookRightScale are UE3 default settings.  IIRC most games leave them at their base setting, which is -250 for upscale and 300 for rightscale. This makes horizontal aim much quicker than vertical aim, and is mitigated by setting both values to 1. 

2 hours ago, daishi2442 said:

LookUpScale and LookRightScale are UE3 default settings.  IIRC most games leave them at their base setting, which is -250 for upscale and 300 for rightscale. This makes horizontal aim much quicker than vertical aim, and is mitigated by setting both values to 1. 

I have them both set to 0, but this might interfere with the 360° calculations. Either way it's worth adding to the calculator. And adjusting it if necessary. 

Edited by Skwuruhl
  • 2 months later...
On 7/1/2017 at 1:41 PM, Skwuruhl said:

The game uses an FOV multiplier in KFGame.ini: FOVOptionsPercentageValue. 1.0 is 90° 16:9.

The fov command in console will only temporarily change fov until you sprint or ADS. FOV settings in any other config file seem to do nothing.

Also there's

LookRightScale=
LookUpScale=

in KFInput which people say to set to 0 to avoid different x/y sensitivity. Be nice if you could test this.

Finally there's

bViewAccelerationEnabled=
bDebugViewAcceleration=

I also don't know if these do anything.

Still be nice if these things could be tested. These and also there's OneFrameThreadLag in KFSystemSettings.ini, this seems to decrease input delay but it feels like it might change sensitivity. With or without this some people say sensitivity is affected by frame rate.

Finally if you could find the FOV inside all the scoped weapons and their sensitivity coefficient I could add them to my tool (and help adding scopes to the calculator if you want). Three scoped weapons are crossbow, m14, and railgun. Each have a different FOV and sensitivity.

You can easily get an empty map and any weapons for testing using this map and gamemode: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=643313659

If nothing else you should update how to set FOV because currently the calculator is wrong.

Edited by Skwuruhl
  • 2 months later...

I've made a spreadsheet for getting KF2's zoom sensitivity scaling to behave like CS:GO's zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse. I'm fairly confident about these calculations, assuming that the KF2 weapons' base zoom FOVs provided by @Skwuruhl are still correct, that ZoomedSensitivityScale still matches hipfire 360° rotation when set to 75°/(ADS FOV) as he showed, and that ADS sensitivity still scales linearly with ZoomedSensitivityScale as he stated. Here's how to use it:

1) Download a local copy of the spreadsheet so that you can edit the values.

2) Input your zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse from CS:GO into the dotted box with red text and purple background.

3) If your FOVOptionsPercentageValue in the lighter purple box is different than in the spreadsheet, decide if you want to change to my recommended value from the spreadsheet. If not, overwrite the spreadsheet value with your own.

4) The calculations will give you several options in green and blue text, so choose one for your new ZoomedSensitivityScale. Read the notes if you are having trouble deciding.

5) Update KFInput.ini with your new ZoomedSensitivityScale (and update KFGame.ini with the new FOVOptionsPercentageValue if you decided to change to my recommended value in step 3).

17 hours ago, Vols and Jezuz said:

I've made a spreadsheet for getting KF2's zoom sensitivity scaling to behave like CS:GO's zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse. I'm fairly confident about these calculations, assuming that the KF2 weapons' base zoom FOVs provided by @Skwuruhl are still correct, that ZoomedSensitivityScale still matches hipfire 360° rotation when set to 75°/(ADS FOV) as he showed, and that ADS sensitivity still scales linearly with ZoomedSensitivityScale as he stated. Here's how to use it:

1) Download a local copy of the spreadsheet so that you can edit the values.

2) Input your zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse from CS:GO into the dotted box with red text and purple background.

3) If your FOVOptionsPercentageValue in the lighter purple box is different than in the spreadsheet, decide if you want to change to my recommended value from the spreadsheet. If not, overwrite the spreadsheet value with your own.

4) The calculations will give you several options in green and blue text, so choose one for your new ZoomedSensitivityScale. Read the notes if you are having trouble deciding.

5) Update KFInput.ini with your new ZoomedSensitivityScale (and update KFGame.ini with the new FOVOptionsPercentageValue if you decided to change to my recommended value in step 3).

arctan(3 / 4 * tan(arctan(16 / 9 * tan(...)))) is the same as arctan(3 / 4 * 16 / 9 * tan(...)). Helps a ton with writing and readability. 

Also I'm not sure what you're trying to do? If you want to match your CS:GO zoom then you want to find the match distance equivalent of your CS:GO zoom. You can't do this conventionally and the solution can only be brute forced. Luckily wolfram alpha can do this for you.

This shows that the default of 1.0 zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse is equal to 75% match distance: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=1*4%2F9+%3D+arctan(4%2F3*x*tan(40°%2F2))%2Farctan(4%2F3*xtan(90°%2F2))

Using your '0.882398' as an example, it's the same as ~41% match distance: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=0.882398*4%2F9+%3D+arctan(4%2F3*x*tan(40°%2F2))%2Farctan(4%2F3*xtan(90°%2F2))

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13fIz4qqiwLNQxakLF0SMR8LchIMzaM2n3CjqFEARB9Q/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Skwuruhl
On 12/25/2017 at 6:22 AM, Skwuruhl said:

arctan(3 / 4 * tan(arctan(16 / 9 * tan(...)))) is the same as arctan(3 / 4 * 16 / 9 * tan(...)). Helps a ton with writing and readability. 

Also I'm not sure what you're trying to do? If you want to match your CS:GO zoom then you want to find the match distance equivalent of your CS:GO zoom. You can't do this conventionally and the solution can only be brute forced. Luckily wolfram alpha can do this for you.

This shows that the default of 1.0 zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse is equal to 75% match distance: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=1*4%2F9+%3D+arctan(4%2F3*x*tan(40°%2F2))%2Farctan(4%2F3*xtan(90°%2F2))

Using your '0.882398' as an example, it's the same as ~41% match distance: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=0.882398*4%2F9+%3D+arctan(4%2F3*x*tan(40°%2F2))%2Farctan(4%2F3*xtan(90°%2F2))

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13fIz4qqiwLNQxakLF0SMR8LchIMzaM2n3CjqFEARB9Q/edit?usp=sharing

The final values in my spreadsheet are for the ZoomedSensitivityScale variable in KFInput.ini ... nothing to do with match distance. Your calculations are correct, but that's not what I'm trying to do. (Edit: calculations in the post appear fine. In the spreadsheet, I don't think so. Because Microwave Gun, flamethrowers should be 0.833547 according to your spreadsheet, which would make ADS have a lower 360° rotation distance than hipfire)

My spreadsheet is supposed to scale the zoom scaling in KF2 the same way you would expect it to be done in CS:GO. In other words, I'm trying to make the 360° rotation distance for a zoomed FOV in KF2 the same as the 360° rotation distance would be for that same zoomed FOV in CS:GO (even taking into consideration if you could change the CS:GO hipfire FOV like you can in KF2). I'm linking another spreadsheet to show some more steps of the process, so you can see that my method works.

The first step is to figure out the zoom_sensitivity_multiplier, column E, to use in this equation from CS:GO:

zoom_sensitivity = sensitivity * zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse * zoom_sensitivity_multiplier

This is done by taking the ratio of the base 4:3 horizontal FOVs. This would be 40/90 for AWP zoom level 1 in CS:GO, but my spreadsheet calculates the value depending on the FOV you are using in KF2, as determined by FOVOptionsPercentageValue.

These next calculations assume a specific KF2 hipfire 360° rotation distance, though I show later on that it cancels out and is not needed. Since 360° rotation distance is inversely proportional to sensitivity, you can substitute those into the equation using the previously calculated zoom_sensitivity_multiplier, solving for zoom 360° rotation distance, column F:

zoom 360° rotation distance = 360° rotation distance / zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse / zoom_sensitivity_multiplier

Column G is the proportion of (360° rotation distance / zoom 360° rotation distance). Since ZoomedSensitivityScale matches hipfire 360° rotation when set to 75°/(ADS FOV) [Column D] and ADS sensitivity scales linearly with ZoomedSensitivityScale, the product of Column G and Column D will give the desired ZoomedSensitivityScale to match CS:GO.

When consolidating Columns E-H into Column I, you can see that the original KF2 hipfire 360° rotation distance cancels out.

Edited by Vols and Jezuz
23 hours ago, Vols and Jezuz said:

Because Microwave Gun, flamethrowers should be 0.833547 according to your spreadsheet, which would make ADS have a lower 360° rotation distance than hipfire)

I forgot to cancel out the "fov/75" part of the sensitivity equation. Fixed now: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13fIz4qqiwLNQxakLF0SMR8LchIMzaM2n3CjqFEARB9Q/edit?usp=sharing

Also I get what you mean by same as CS:GO now, that is ratio of 4:3 FOVs (aka 75% match distance) multiplied by zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse. Also in that spreadsheet I did the same calculations as you (differently though) and go the same answers.

If you wanted to adapt this to my keybind tool: 

Then change the Normalize(int z) function to

public double Normalize(int z) {
	return Math.atan(0.75 * Math.tan(rzoom[z] / 2)) / Math.atan(0.75 * Math.tan(rfov / 2)) / zoom[z] / 0.013330 * coef;
}

Then when you run your version of the program you enter 'zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse' for coefficient instead of match distance.

All that said imo it's better to match the match distance of sniper zoom 1 or aug/ssg zoom, whichever your most used. I'd also probably just make 2 keybinds to swap between a zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse for each of the two weapon groups so that you have 1 universal match distance.

Edited by Skwuruhl

Cool, very good work my dude. Thanks for taking the time to understand what I was trying to do. And thanks for the suggestion for you program. I will have to try it out.

In case you're interested, I got that weird zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse by doing the monitor match at the last visible pixels in the AWP scope for zoom level 2, which is the farthest I can imagine practically needing to flick in CS:GO. I just redid the calculation because I don't think I had the exact equation for monitor match % and zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse when I did it a lot time ago, so the more precise value is 0.883165, which is ~47.7% (916/1920) match distance for AWP zoom level 2 and ~40.9% match distance for AWP zoom level 1. I have a much easier time using that match distance and taking it easy with flicks near the center of the scope than I do with using 0% match distance and having to flick extra hard for everything not in the center of the scope.

• 1 year later...