MULLET MADJACK

The config file might use either comma (,) or period (.) as the decimal separator depending on your locale settings.
Read more...

Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

New Viespeed V1 or V2 [Windows to Game] ?

Dear @Drimzi and @DPI Wizard,

I get really confused by reading topic about the new Viespeed calculator.  I think I got the point how the get the necessary DPI for my Windows sensitivity depending on my ingame sensitivity. But what I have to use the other way round? 

I mean I use Windows 3/10, 1600 DPI on 1920x1080 resultion. But wich calculator I have to choose now to get the same Game sensitivity? (also 1600 DPI and 1920x1080)

Is it Monitor, 360 or Viespeed V1 / V2 ?

I hope you know what I mean and can help me!

Greetings, maxer1293

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, maxer1293 said:

Dear @Drimzi and @DPI Wizard,

I get really confused by reading topic about the new Viespeed calculator.  I think I got the point how the get the necessary DPI for my Windows sensitivity depending on my ingame sensitivity. But what I have to use the other way round? 

I mean I use Windows 3/10, 1600 DPI on 1920x1080 resultion. But wich calculator I have to choose now to get the same Game sensitivity? (also 1600 DPI and 1920x1080)

Is it Monitor, 360 or Viespeed V1 / V2 ?

I hope you know what I mean and can help me!

Greetings, maxer1293

Viewspeed V1 and V2 are slightly different formulas. They both work, but viewspeed V2 works better at extreme FOV's (low and high). Comes down to personal preference

On 11/1/2017 at 7:31 PM, Drimzi said:

It's all up to you. Viewspeed v2 was intended to be the most suitable solution for everyone and is what I use.

Matching with 360 will make it so that rotation is consistent, 180 turns will remain the same no matter what fov the game is at, but the aiming speed will depend on the fov and so games with low fov  will have incredibly fast aiming speeds.

With viewspeed and monitor distance, you will find that the feeling is more consistent when aiming at what you can see, but if you play different games at different fovs, you will find that lower fov games will take a much longer distance to spin around/look behind you.

Viewspeed tries to choose the best monitor match % depending on your fov, and v1 will use the aspect ratio in it's calculations and v2 will not.

Monitor distance lets YOU specify the exact point that you want the sensitivities matched to, and allows you to set a static point for every fov.

Nobody could settle on the perfect %, so viewspeed was created to fix this, as the optimal % point seems to be dynamic and based on the fov.

v2 is aspect ratio independent, and will give the same sensitivity no matter how wide your monitor is, as it was designed with the philosophy that extra fov given by wider aspect ratios is just extra vision, as the middle of the screen still looks exactly the same, and so it shouldn't impact the sensitivity.

At 16:9, viewspeed v1 and v2 gives pretty much identical results, except for the extreme fovs.

I suggest just using viewspeed v2. If you want to match desktop and games, use windows as the input for all calculations. Use the other conversion modes if you want to experiment.

Thanks for the explanation on how the viewspeeds differ. 

I have a question regarding monitor size.  When converting from one thing to another, will the results be dependent of the monitor size if the monitor sizes change from the input to the output?  For example, if I am converting my window desktop sensitivity to overwatch, and I use a 16 inch monitor for my windows desktop, and a 24 inch monitor for overwatch, but I cant put in 24 inch monitor in the overwatch section because it is grayed out with a 16 from the input; are the results still accurate?  I guess what I'm truly asking is if sensitivity is dependent on monitor size at all,  regardless if you use the same monitor size for both the input and the output, or if you use a different monitor size for the input and the output?