Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Gray Zone Warfare

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

360 vs Viewspeed guidance

I play CS:GO on 1.875 sensitivity at 400 dpi.

I am trying to get the closest sensitivity in Overwatch.

360 sens translates into 6.25 and viewspeed to 6.00

When I play on 6.25 it feels the same as CS:GO for tracking and my flicks are good.

When I play on 6.00 it is obviously slower and I can't tell if better, but I have read in many ways that viewspeed is much better?

Assuming I am tracking an enemy from the left side of my screen to the right, would the cm / 360 not help more seeing as I am moving the same distance as in CS:GO?

It feels like 360 yields more benefits than viewspeed but everyone says different.

Converting via cm/360 does not work because the perceived sensitivity changes as you zoom in and out. You need to account for it. It's like looking through a pair of binoculars. Zooming in feels too fast and zooming out feels too slow.

0% is the best monitor match percentage, given that it matches your crosshair:

https://youtu.be/00dhyUfcLSY

Though you can use any of them because they all follow the gear ratio principle. But because of distortion (caused by unmatched visual angle) it will never be perfect at all points on the monitor and your muscle memory will not transfer perfectly for every FOV. It's still a good idea to use the same FOV for most of your games but a bit hard to abide by if you want to play games with scoped weapons.

Viewspeed is similar to monitor matching, except the match point deviates. This may or may not be a good thing. But it essentially converts your sensitivity according to your arc length as it compares to your chord length.

Keep in mind, depending on your sitting distance and monitor size, the match point will be different from one setup to the next. It would probably be more accurate to match a certain visual angle.

718629076_100monitormatchisarbitrary.png.423108d4f970e44bc8af9d86c4ba315c.png

Since our eyes perceive reality in 2D images, sometimes we need to make sure we are looking from the correct perspective in 3D reality.

808353631_sittingdistanceproof.png.d9455be81c88546f216bb40214bf0ed2.png

You can see from the above image that as long as two setups share the same visual angle, they will be perceived as exactly the same size.

2 minutes ago, potato psoas said:

Converting via cm/360 does not work because the perceived sensitivity changes as you zoom in and out. You need to account for it. It's like looking through a pair of binoculars. Zooming in feels too fast and zooming out feels too slow. 

0% is the best monitor match percentage, given that it matches your crosshair:

https://youtu.be/00dhyUfcLSY

Though you can use any of them because they all follow the gear ratio principle. But because of distortion (caused by unmatched visual angle) it will never be perfect at all points on the monitor and your muscle memory will not transfer perfectly for every FOV. It's still a good idea to use the same FOV for most of your games but a bit hard to abide by if you want to play games with scoped weapons. 

Viewspeed is similar to monitor matching, except the match point deviates. This may or may not be a good thing. But it essentially converts your sensitivity according to your arc length as it compares to your chord length.

Keep in mind, depending on your sitting distance and monitor size, the match point will be different from one setup to the next. It would probably be more accurate to match a certain visual angle.

718629076_100monitormatchisarbitrary.png.423108d4f970e44bc8af9d86c4ba315c.png

Since our eyes perceive reality in 2D images, sometimes we need to make sure we are looking from the correct perspective in 3D reality.

808353631_sittingdistanceproof.png.d9455be81c88546f216bb40214bf0ed2.png

You can see from the above image that as long as two setups share the same visual angle, they will be perceived as exactly the same size.

This is what confuses me, between the three conversions there is a 0.36 difference in game.

360 holds my movement from the left side of the screen to the right etc

If 0% match means that my crosshair moves similarly to my previous game how does that make sense.

Say I move my crosshair 10 CM in real life I do the same in game on 360.

But what you mean is the same movement on the screen translates to 0% match? It is too confusing.

47 minutes ago, Gojirha said:

between the three conversions there is a 0.36 difference in game.

This is because the FOV for both games is very similar. But they aren't exactly the same so you should still not use 360 Distance. You honestly don't even need to use 360 Distance because if you were converting between the same FOV, you would get the same result with any method.

You will more easily tell the difference between the conversion methods when comparing a high FOV and a low FOV.

3 hours ago, potato psoas said:

This is because the FOV for both games is very similar. But they aren't exactly the same so you should still not use 360 Distance. You honestly don't even need to use 360 Distance because if you were converting between the same FOV, you would get the same result with any method.

You will more easily tell the difference between the conversion methods when comparing a high FOV and a low FOV.

Screenshot_1.png.b6126bde3fe902976bdc259cfdbc5d1b.png

So would this be the correct way to do it?

Because when I do it off of monitor distance compared to viewspeed it feels too fast.

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.b174fcefc7820f7e945338f118f1ab62.png

This one feels really good but it confuses me as you say the other should be better?

• Wizard
1 hour ago, Drimzi said:

CSGO should be 90 FOV. The correct conversion would be 5.50 OW.

This, do not change the CSGO FOV unless you are playing solo or on a server with cheats that allow FOV changes. Also, the viewmodel FOV is NOT your FOV as a lot of people seem to confuse it with, it's just the rendering FOV of your weapon.

As for the matching method, priority one is to match the FOV. If the FOV is close (as on a 16:9 monitor with CSGO at 106.26 and OW at 103), the match method has very little impact. Other than that the big difference is that 360 distance always keep a constant 360 distance... so you can accurately turn 90 or 180 degrees regardless of FOV. The other methods (monitor distance and viewspeed) are matching sensitivity to what you see on your monitor, so they are more suited to aiming at what you actually see.

There is no best method however, it both depends on the game and your preference.

15 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

This, do not change the CSGO FOV unless you are playing solo or on a server with cheats that allow FOV changes. Also, the viewmodel FOV is NOT your FOV as a lot of people seem to confuse it with, it's just the rendering FOV of your weapon.

As for the matching method, priority one is to match the FOV. If the FOV is close (as on a 16:9 monitor with CSGO at 106.26 and OW at 103), the match method has very little impact. Other than that the big difference is that 360 distance always keep a constant 360 distance... so you can accurately turn 90 or 180 degrees regardless of FOV. The other methods (monitor distance and viewspeed) are matching sensitivity to what you see on your monitor, so they are more suited to aiming at what you actually see.

There is no best method however, it both depends on the game and your preference.

Ahhh okay I was getting the viewmodel FOV mixed up.

This cleared it up for me thank you very much, you should include more clarrification on this topic somewhere as this is a very confusing thing.

Lots of people just want to press a few buttons and pew pew accurately.

9 hours ago, Gojirha said:

This cleared it up for me thank you very much, you should include more clarrification on this topic somewhere as this is a very confusing thing.

Lots of people just want to press a few buttons and pew pew accurately.

Check the tutorials, read the posts and in 2-3 hours max, you will understand everything. What DPIWizard said is basic stuff.

If your debating whether to use viewspeed or 360 distance:

Use 0% to correctly convert sensitivity to other fov. This is the baseline sens.

Only use 360 distance for hipfire to keep muscle memory related to movement and 180 flicks.

Only use viewspeed or monitor distance match for zoom/ads. Basically anything that changes fov instantly on the fly.

so correct me if iam wrong:

1. Same Sensitivity from a game to another game with the same FoV:

Convert Sensitivity From a game with same FoV use 360°

2. Same Sensitivity from a game if u changed the FoV or u go to another game with different FoV:

Convert Sensitivity from a game with different FoV use 0% Monitor matching

3. Converting hipfire sensitivity to aiming sensitivity:

Convert Sensitivity from a game to the ADS sensitivity use viewspeed V2

4. Convert your sensitivity to a specific point on the screen i.e. 30%:

Convert Sensitivity from a game to travel to the same point use  Monitor matching and the % u prefer

5. Converting Aiming sensitivity to hipfire sensitivity

Convert Sensitivity from Aiming down sight (ADS) use 0% Monitor matching

If this is correct pls correct my bad english skills and  put it in the faq.

Most topics in this forum are about what to use and whats the best, an easy explantation like this would be very helpfull.