FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Gray Zone Warfare

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

World of Shooting

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Gas Station Simulator

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

osu! conversion inconsistency

If I convert my PUBG settings:  Sensitivity 45, DPI 400, FPP, 1920X1080, 24", FOV 90, In-game, I get a calculated osu! MouseSpeed=0.67.  If I start with my CSGO settings: Sensitivity 1.805111, I get a calculated osu! MouseSpeed=0.50.  I'm not sure which value is correct.  Doing the same thing with Overwatch gives the same result in both cases.  Can you help me with this?  Thanks!

Edited by blah
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, blah said:

If I convert my PUBG settings:  Sensitivity 45, DPI 400, FPP, 1920X1080, 24", FOV 90, In-game, I get a calculated osu! MouseSpeed=0.67.  If I start with my CSGO settings: Sensitivity 1.805111, I get a calculated osu! MouseSpeed=0.50.  I'm not sure which value is correct.  Doing the same thing with Overwatch gives the same result in both cases.  Can you help me with this?  Thanks!

You've converted PUBG -> CS:GO with 360 distance, and then I couldn't work out how you got your osu figures but because it must be based not off of a 360 distance measurement it would be a FOV dependent measurement i.e. viewspeed, monitor distance match which are dependent on the FOV you had in the original games so you will get different values for osu.

If you wanted consistency, you need to choose an FOV dependent conversion from pubg -> cs:go and pubg -> osu

I used the calculator to compute the CS:GO sensitivity setting, so I don't know how it's doing the conversion, I'm just inputting the values that I know (Sensitivity, DPI, resolution, screen size, FOV) into the calculator and not changing any of the settings (except for In-game and FPP for PUBG) and reading the values in the Calculations part of the UI.

Basically, using the calculator:

1.  Convert  PUBG Sensitivity 45 and DPI 400 to CS:GO results in Sensitivity 1.805111

2.  Convert CS:GO Sensitivity 1.805111 DPI 400 to PUBG results in Sensitivity 45.000001

3.  Convert PUBG Sensitivity 45 and DPI 400 to Overwatch results in Sensitivity 6.02

4.  Convert CS:GO Sensitivity 1.805111 to Overwatch results in Sensitivity 6.02

5.  Convert PUBG Sensitivity 45 to osu! results in Sensitivity 0.67

6.  Convert CS:GO Sensitivity 1.1805111 to osu! results in Sensitivity 0.50

It seems like the PUBG and CS:GO sensitivities that I'm using are equivalent and I can convert between them without any problems.  Also, I can use either of them as a starting point to calculate my Overwatch sensitivity and end up with the same result.  But if I try to compute my osu! sensitivity, the result will be different depending on if I'm converting from PUBG or CS:GO, when it seems like these should be the same because the PUBG and CS:GO sensitivities are equivalent.  If you input the values in the calculator, you should see where the calculated sensitivities for osu! are coming from.  Thanks for your help!

• Wizard

You are using 360 distance for the PUBG to CSGO conversions and MDH 0% when converting to osu, that's why the results are different. 

If you use MDH 0% for everything you will get:

• PUBG 45 -> CSGO: 2.406815
  • PUBG 45 -> osu!: 0.67
  • CSGO 2.406815 -> osu!: 0.67

You have to use the same method all the way to get the consistency. Hope that clears it up!

Thanks!  That makes that a little clearer, but I guess I'm less sure about which conversion I should be using.  I'm playing PUBG now and would like to use CS:GO to do some aim training.  What I'm doing right now is:

1.  Convert my PUBG FOV 103 to a CS:GO FOV  (converting from CS:GO HDeg Res -> CS:GO HDeg 4:3) which results in fov_cs_debug 86.63.

2.  Convert from PUBG Sensitivity 45 and DPI 400, and setting the CS:GO FOV to 86.63

if I use the 360 distance, my CS:GO Sensitivity is 1.875332 and if I use MDH, the CS:GO Sensitivity is 2.357534.  If I'm just shooting targets in CS:GO to build muscle-memory for PUBG, which conversion do you recommend using?  Thanks for all your help!

• Wizard
9 hours ago, blah said:

1.  Convert my PUBG FOV 103 to a CS:GO FOV  (converting from CS:GO HDeg Res -> CS:GO HDeg 4:3) which results in fov_cs_debug 86.63.

2.  Convert from PUBG Sensitivity 45 and DPI 400, and setting the CS:GO FOV to 86.63

Changing the FOV in CSGO only works if you are playing with sv_cheats enabled, but it you are doing that this is perfectly fine.

9 hours ago, blah said:

if I use the 360 distance, my CS:GO Sensitivity is 1.875332 and if I use MDH, the CS:GO Sensitivity is 2.357534.  If I'm just shooting targets in CS:GO to build muscle-memory for PUBG, which conversion do you recommend using?  Thanks for all your help!

It seems like you are not setting the PUBG FOV in this conversion. If the Actual FOV is the same for both games (as it should be if PUBG is 103 FPP and CSGO is 86.63) the conversion method doesn't matter. The sensitivity in your case should be 2.146139 regardless.