Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Escape from Tarkov sens issue

Rencently EFT is becoming more popular than before and more patch updates has come out. Hipfire sens could be correct but ADS sens i believe must be somewhere wrong as ADS having lower FOV runs faster than hipfire in an identical mouse movement. So, could u the technicians have a check over those sens problem in tarkov? Also, can u guys spend a little bit more time testing sens for different scopes just for better precision when we change different sens for different scopes in each run?

I don't play the game myself but my understanding is that the problem is mostly with the game itself since the mouse sensitivity (and a lot of other things) scale with weight? and ergonomics? which means that it's basically impossible to set a universally correct sensitivity unless you use exactly the same equipment every raid. I suppose you could change it according to your loadout but I don't really see that being viable since you often change out your equipment with stuff you loot while in the raid?

Thank u for the sincere reply.  I really appreciate it. Yeah, our loadout would constantly change when we do each run. EFT is amazing that the sens are truly affected by, specifically, the armor level and helmet level. The higher level it is, the more turning speed could be affected. I am not sure about ergonomics and weight. Even though the loadouts might be different sometimes, In most cases, the 1X scopes like red dot and iron sight are equipped. So is it possible that if iron sight for each weapon has the same FOV as the 1X scope, could we make a sens standard as those commonly used sights regardless those helmet and armor level? Then we just convert the ingame ADS sens for those sights. If it could be possible, the game I love, EFT, could be so playable as I rely on those sick flicks and consistent tracking speed with other shooting games. Much love to u and other technicians investing so much time on investigating different sens and knowledges in each game.

• Wizard

I haven't played the game much either, but if armor affects your speed, does it do so in a matter of max turning speed? I mean like when you drive a tank in Battlefield there is a max speed you can turn the turret at, is it like that? Or does it just become slower in a way that can be countered by increasing mouse sensitivity (which sounds like a very weird design choice to me, but ok).

5 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

I haven't played the game much either, but if armor affects your speed, does it do so in a matter of max turning speed? I mean like when you drive a tank in Battlefield there is a max speed you can turn the turret at, is it like that? Or does it just become slower in a way that can be countered by increasing mouse sensitivity (which sounds like a very weird design choice to me, but ok).

Unfortunately I think it's the latter where it just lowers your sensitivity by a certain amount but I hope someone more familiar with the game can confirm whether this is true or not. I just know that the in-game description of the armor states a percentage based turn speed reduction "change turning speed" and that I've seen a lot of complaints on reddit and forums about it, but then again on the other hand you have people defending it for the sake of realism so I don't really know what to think.

Yeah, every helmet and armor has its specific change turning speed in the item description. Knowing there is only one ADS sens universal for all the weapons, I have a request on making just the basic sights like iron sights and 1X scope as a standard. I don’t know if it will be too disturbing for u guys that can we make the aim category in conversion page for those different armors and helmets, which in total may have about 10+ items. I do know it is a massive work and I hope if u are not bothered too much, those items with reduced turning speed can be added into conversion calculation. If it could be too compilicated, that will not be a trouble for us though. In fact, just being able to get correct conversion for iron sights or 1x scope ADS sens could be much helpful. Again, thank u guys discussing for this bad game. Much love!

• 3 weeks later...

i literally have no gear - its my first character with only a weapon equipped. (the short AK)

I installed the game today, bought the premium here again to calculate my senses and noticed, that the ADS sense is faster than my hipfire sense

Edited by Luckorr

The reason why some of you might find that the sens feels faster than your hipfire, is because shotguns and pistols have a way higher sensitivity than everything else. Basicly anything that doesn't have a proper ironsight or scope, has increased sensitivity.

The game doesn't differ in sensitivity based on weight, only on an arbitrary stat on all armor and helmets called "Change turning speed" Which only lowers your base sensitivity, and nothing else.

On 1/15/2019 at 8:06 PM, DPI Wizard said:

It just becomes slower, and can be countered.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey DPI Wizard.

I hope you are feeling well.

I waited several months now and am buying your premium subscription regularly.

any word/news on the ADS sense of Escape from Tarkov?

1.) The ADS sense ingame is still faster than the actual hipfire sense (just look at the value the calculator puts out)

2.) i tested this ingame by using no armor or whatsoever, which would decrease my hipfire sense.

thanks for your help!

Ok, I play A LOT of EFT, I can tell you a couple of things.
1. All weapons without Iron sight plank (donno how it called in english) has almost x2 faster ADS. For example, p226 has normal sens when it have sight plank equipped , other pistols, shotguns and weapon with sight plank removed will have high ADS speed. 

Spoiler

image.png.b991ab2228cc267842a47b3916a77311.png

2. High dpi is prefered for me, because it's provide no pixel skipping with same "screen distance" sens:

3. gear is slowing your hipfire sens down. But it's not changing your ADS sens.

Let's find out what hipfire sens we need for no gear and with normal ADS speed. The easy way is to get your vertical viewspeed instead of monitor distance (but monitor distance is better in some cases). 
1. let's take our comfortable ADS sens (dpi and FOV too) and translate it to CS:go or kovaak Aim trainer (for some out of game practice, for example). 
2. Then, let's convert it back to  EFT

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.fa16fa079864882930e6237ae11bcff3.png

image.thumb.png.ef7ec10108e52728186824a009805f85.png

The sens of hipfire in EFT is lower, but it's feels  compareble to ADS (the point of this site). But, you don't run naked in EFT, so when you gear up, the hipfire sens will be too low. So, the simple solution is to set hipfire sens to saame values as ADS sens (or 0.1-2 lower, it's depends). The harder way is to move your mouse from one side of the mousepad to another with and without your gear and manually find out your sens for hipfire depending on chosen gear.  It's a simple way.

The Hard way is to use Vertical monitor distance. I'm not gonna to explain it here, so check out this topic here https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/forum/topic/4704-conversion-method-guide-and-other-faqs/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-25143  .

The only problem of this metod is that not all games support 0.00000000 increments in sensetivity, so for me it's impossible to change sens using Vertical monitor distance in games like warframe, GTA V and others (EFT is exeption, because I can work with 0.1699. it's basicly 0.17). 

Edited by AIucardd
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm experiencing the same thing he does.

No armor, just an AK, no scope. Same thing with a shotgun.

Holding down right click is faster. You can aim at a point, and move your crosshair to a direction and you are getting more distance. Which shouldn't be like that, right? It should either be the same or less. 

2 hours ago, solidOz said:

I'm experiencing the same thing he does.

No armor, just an AK, no scope. Same thing with a shotgun.

Holding down right click is faster. You can aim at a point, and move your crosshair to a direction and you are getting more distance. Which shouldn't be like that, right? It should either be the same or less. 

at this point it has pretty much been figured out that this game is weird when it comes to sensetivity , the odds of getting a consistent match are low 

The problem is that it's not only the armor that affects sensitivity, different guns also have varying ads sensitivities with smgs and high powered scopes generally being a lot faster than rifle ironsights so with the current settings there's really no viable way of dealing with that. If it was only the armor I suppose you could get around it by calculating how the turn rate reduction affects cm/360 but that's not going to be enough if you use a loadout with say a 1x AK and a scoped Mosin since there's no way to deal with that difference.

It probably won't get changed either because every time someone bring it up the thread is filled with "muh realism" so we'll just have to find a way to deal with it.