Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Apex Legends

• Wizard
13 minutes ago, Paintballer said:

Not sure what gaming merchant worked out on his vid. His 3x sens is less for some reason.  Does his vid make any sense to you DPI?

None of those settings make any sense based on the scaling. He keeps saying same sensitivity or absolutely matching hipfire sensitivity, but there is no such thing for different FOV's.

It's only possible to match one aspect of the sensitivity between FOV's, be it 360 distance, tracking speed, a specific flick distance or a geometric variable like viewspeed. His numbers doesn't do any of this :)

In addition FOV is cruical for the ADS and scope sensitivity, as they will all scale to this unless you are using sensitivity 1 for all of them.

33 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

None of those settings make any sense based on the scaling. He keeps saying same sensitivity or absolutely matching hipfire sensitivity, but there is no such thing for different FOV's.

It's only possible to match one aspect of the sensitivity between FOV's, be it 360 distance, tracking speed, a specific flick distance or a geometric variable like viewspeed. His numbers doesn't do any of this :)

In addition FOV is cruical for the ADS and scope sensitivity, as they will all scale to this unless you are using sensitivity 1 for all of them.

So you're saying that his values are seemingly baseless?

Just now, DPI Wizard said:

Indeed.

Alright. Thank you. I've been trying to figure out what I need to do. I think viewspeed is the conversion method that's worked the best as it has a higher sensitivity as the scopes go up. Would that be what you'd recommend? Is there a better one that has progressively higher, similar sensitivity values?

• Wizard
Just now, Tehstool said:

Alright. Thank you. I've been trying to figure out what I need to do. I think viewspeed is the conversion method that's worked the best as it has a higher sensitivity as the scopes go up. Would that be what you'd recommend? Is there a better one that has progressively higher, similar sensitivity values?

MDH 100% will have a more progressive scaling. If it's too fast try a slightly lower percentage.

16 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

The game uses MDH 0% as a scaling factor, so if you have chosen this as the conversion method for ADS and scope you will get the same value for all of them. If they feel too slow, try a higher MDH value. First try 100% and see if that feels good or is too fast.

Thanks, I tried 100% but it still feels slower then just hipfire or x1 ADS.

Sorry I'm clueless at this and might make mistakes in the setup, here's screenshot for reference:

1455620839_Annotation2019-09-08114312.thumb.png.0fa150f930d3ea176eb701af303cb5e1.png

Am I doing it right?

22 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

For the 100% to take effect you also need to select Monitor Distance - Horizontal. Viewspeed is locked to a scaling based on geometry.

Do you mean like this?

image.png.765d9788126588b6ff94d9f289884562.png

Edited by roz
  • Wizard
4 minutes ago, Althir81 said:

i've just seen that on the new version of the apex calculator, that they are differences between the fov with mouse-settings.com... perhaps did they changed something u didnt noticed @DPI Wizard

https://jscalc.io/calc/Q1gf45VCY4tmm2dq#{"1":1.55,"2":2,"3":1,"4":2560,"5":1440,"6":500,"7":false,"8":null,"11":false,"12":"4ML3","13":90,"14":true}

The FOV's are the same as in the calculator, just note that the "FOV" column show the 4:3 FOV.

On 17/09/2019 at 18:52, Quackerjack said:

bit confused.

i want to transfer my csgo sens to apex legends. For that i use 360 Method cause apex says sens is the same in hipfire doesnt matter the fov.

I use 1.55 fov in apex. Should i convert now the zoom sens based on my csgo sens or just leave it default on apex???

1.285714 fov would be the csgo equivalent for 16;9 (unless you are using stretched res ) 

the 360 distance is not affected by the field of view you choose 

how ever the scopes get affected using 75% horizontal monitor calculation for ads/ scope should work in your case coming from csgo , although using 100% horizontal /0% mm aint too bad either

Edited by fortunate reee

thats my point it doesnt matter what fov i use in apex legends cause 360 is always same as in csgo.

Example i use sens 2 in apex (remember fov hipfire doesnt matter) and use multiplier 1 = 0% MM should be same as csgo sens

but if i convert from Csgo to Apex Scope 0% MM it tells me to higher the multiplier

• 2 weeks later...

How do I set my normal sensitivity to be my ads sensitivity on each scope? I want the same feeling on each scope that I have on hipfire. Fov changes and sensitivity should too on each ads. I'm fine with using 1 sens on 1x but I want to increase my sens on the other zooms and I need to know the right values. Can the calculator do this?

12 minutes ago, marmanoff said:

How do I set my normal sensitivity to be my ads sensitivity on each scope? I want the same feeling on each scope that I have on hipfire. Fov changes and sensitivity should too on each ads. I'm fine with using 1 sens on 1x but I want to increase my sens on the other zooms and I need to know the right values. Can the calculator do this?

1 should be fine. If you want it to feel faster you want to change your monitor distance horizontal to a higher value. I like 100. You could start anywhere and see if you like it higher or slower.

I have been playing Apex now since launch, and the iron sight (or the pistol sight) ADS only feels correct at 0.9.    1 is too fast, and anything above 1 is way too fast.

I see some pros also have the ADS set to 0.9, some 0.8.  I cannot get the calculator to this in any way, any ideas.   I know this is the wrong way round, trying to get the calculator to spit out the setting that is right, but I am just curious

pros using certain settings doesnt make them reasonable , you can get used to everything  the settings given here just tend to help retain / gain the muscle memory quicker

1 hour ago, Paintballer said:

I have been playing Apex now since launch, and the iron sight (or the pistol sight) ADS only feels correct at 0.9.    1 is too fast, and anything above 1 is way too fast.

I see some pros also have the ADS set to 0.9, some 0.8.  I cannot get the calculator to this in any way, any ideas.   I know this is the wrong way round, trying to get the calculator to spit out the setting that is right, but I am just curious