Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Apex Legends

19 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

Both of them should, or at least did, change FOV. Have there been an update to this lately?

holo does zoom in a bit but as far as im concerned red dot has never changed fov or even zoomed in even a little?

@edit 
I was wrong. red dot does change fov..

Edited by marmanoff
  • 4 weeks later...

@ DPI Wizard

If I set my sensitivity and zoom sensitivity in the config file like this:

mouse_sensitivity "0.375555"
mouse_use_per_scope_sensitivity_scalars "0"
mouse_zoomed_sensitivity_scalar_0 "0.666666"

Does the game round up or cut out any decimals or not? What's the maximum number of decimals one can use, do you know?

I have what is probably a very newby question, but I've been a subscriber for a few months and I'm learning very slowly.  

I keep reading about MDH 0% and how that is probably best for muscle memory etc when ads and scoping etc.  I'm just wondering if the default 1 scalar value will give me MDH 0%?  

Also I'm wondering about how modern warfare 2019 compares to apex when it comes to how they calculate their ads sensitivities.  I use different FOV in each game, but modern warfare feels quite a bit quicker when adsing then apex does, and I have both set to "1" for the zoom multiplier.. Also on modern warfare I'm set to Legacy mode with 0 monitor distance coefficient. 

How do the two methods of calculating sensitivity compare and which one is MDH 0%?  Right now I think the modern warfare one feels better but I want to figure this out so I can switch them both to be the same and choose the method that will help my muscle memory the most.

thanks

Hi all, and hello to the great @DPI Wizard

I have been scratching my head time and time again, I'm trying to convert my Overwatch sensitivity to match the "feel" and muscle memory of Apex Legends 1x HCOG / ADS. I'm not too concern for the Hipfire sens but from what I've been reading, ADS 1.0 is 1:1 to Hipfire sens due to the FOV change. However, according to this calculation, my in game sens at cl_fovScale 1.55 (In-game 110), should be 3.5 sens. I'm using MD-V for my conversion. But the thing is.. It feels like I'm doing something wrong. Somewhere in my calculations as the ADS in game feels.. High?

Example: Me tracking and shooting with Tracer in Overwatch (Feels like an SMG) and doing the same with an R-99 (Apex SMG) just feels, different. As if the Apex ADS sensitivity is too high. Any chance any one can confirm that my calculations are correct? Should I change something? Should I be trying to match 360 distance of my ADS instead and try to change my FOV so that my ADS FOV is the same as my Overwatch FOV? ~In distress~

image.png.8b614c9aaf51a7563b812524098dcd66.png

On 15/11/2019 at 03:54, goflykites said:

Hi all, and hello to the great @DPI Wizard

I have been scratching my head time and time again, I'm trying to convert my Overwatch sensitivity to match the "feel" and muscle memory of Apex Legends 1x HCOG / ADS. I'm not too concern for the Hipfire sens but from what I've been reading, ADS 1.0 is 1:1 to Hipfire sens due to the FOV change. However, according to this calculation, my in game sens at cl_fovScale 1.55 (In-game 110), should be 3.5 sens. I'm using MD-V for my conversion. But the thing is.. It feels like I'm doing something wrong. Somewhere in my calculations as the ADS in game feels.. High?

Example: Me tracking and shooting with Tracer in Overwatch (Feels like an SMG) and doing the same with an R-99 (Apex SMG) just feels, different. As if the Apex ADS sensitivity is too high. Any chance any one can confirm that my calculations are correct? Should I change something? Should I be trying to match 360 distance of my ADS instead and try to change my FOV so that my ADS FOV is the same as my Overwatch FOV? ~In distress~

image.png.8b614c9aaf51a7563b812524098dcd66.png

the difference in speed (feel )likely comes from the different fov thosee two games have it is generally a better choice to use the all option (when using 0%) since it shows the hipfire fov instead of the scoped fov  id give" 1.237600 " fov a try to see if the feel is better .

whilst by using 0% you retain the aim built up keeping a similar fov across games is still somewhat helpfull

378.png Apex Legends - All
Sensitivity 1:
mouse_sensitivity "2.376001"
Multiplier 1:
mouse_zoomed_sensitivity_scalar_0 "1.000000"
mouse_zoomed_sensitivity_scalar_1 "1.000000"
mouse_zoomed_sensitivity_scalar_2 "1.000000"
mouse_zoomed_sensitivity_scalar_3 "1.000000"
mouse_zoomed_sensitivity_scalar_4 "1.000000"
mouse_zoomed_sensitivity_scalar_5 "1.000000"
mouse_zoomed_sensitivity_scalar_6 "1.000000"

Discrepancy: 0% (0 cm)
360° distance:
43.7328 cm
Config FOV:
cl_fovScale "1.237600"
Actual VFOV:
70.53 degrees
Actual HFOV:
103 degrees

would be pretty much identical to your OW sens  (that whole blasting fov  up all the way is pretty much a redundant  trend )
Edited by fortunate reee

Hey so i have fallen in love with my COD MW sensitivity and want to convert it to apex but im honestly confused as fuck. can someone help me?

cod sens

dpi: 800

sens: 4.55

setting: relative, 1.33 coefficent

FOV: 103

What do i need to put in the calculator to get this sensitvity in apex?

image.thumb.png.822a4732400a08af066f175f56611dbd.png

Edited by twoody12
added image for clarity
Guest ZSfGuBcu

Hello , i have a simple Question 

for me to match the fov of Apex to other games or other games to apex do i keep the Fov on Multi or do i change it to what even they are using ? 

like if i want to go from csgo to apex legends do i change the apex legends Fov to 4:3 and if i want to translate it to modern warfare ( 2019 ) i change it to Hdeg 16:9 ? 

i am asking this because i want to match the fov of csgo to apex and the 91 fov feels way too zoomed in so do i need to use 90 or 106 ? 

Hello, I want to make sure im setting up my apex sens with 110 fov to be the same feel with my 1x (IE Wingman and R-99) as it is in my overwatch settings. In overwatch i use a 5 sens hipfire with a 38 scope sens for widow/ana

Did i set this up properly to get my muscle memory the same?

image.thumb.png.3d1c66de08f6cc6d99be62a6dabf2aec.png

Edited by Sorennic
3 hours ago, Sorennic said:

Hello, I want to make sure im setting up my apex sens with 110 fov to be the same feel with my 1x (IE Wingman and R-99) as it is in my overwatch settings. In overwatch i use a 5 sens hipfire with a 38 scope sens for widow/ana

Did i set this up properly to get my muscle memory the same?

image.thumb.png.3d1c66de08f6cc6d99be62a6dabf2aec.png

id recommend you  match the hipfire fov in order to have a similar feel when it comes to movement apart of that 1.0 is the right way for all scopes not only the 1x 

im using 100.8 specifically because that is about as high as destiny will go and i like being able to go play either without having to get used to the different feeling when it comes to rotation

image.png.50b341031390a943699d26df29197e1d.png

Edited by fortunate reee
  • Wizard
1 minute ago, Sorennic said:

thank you for that. i was wondering the same. One thing though thats bothering is the calculator shows the actual HFOV (apex) is 123.27, but in game the fov is 110 which is way different. 

That's because the FOV you configure in Apex is based on 4:3 resolution, so if you have a wider aspect ratio the extra width will be added on, resulting in a wider FOV. Also in Apex there's a mismatch between the configured FOV and the applied FOV, 110 in-game is actually 108.5.

• Wizard
5 minutes ago, Sorennic said:

alright so heres where im confused. in the calculator it says the actual fov is 103, but in game its showing the fov as 88 after i set the cl_fov settings to the calculators... why is the actual HFOV so far off compared to the in game FOV of 88?

Same reason as above, the value shown in-game is the 4:3 FOV, not the 16:9 as your resolution is.

If select In-game instead of Config File as the location for Apex, set the FOV Type to Hdeg Res and enter 103 you will see the Config FOV in the output matches what you see in-game (note that the game rounds up).

image.png

• Wizard
7 minutes ago, Sorennic said:

If i wanted to keep the same feel of 1.5 sens in apex with the 88 fov scaled to 110 fov for better enemy visibility. 2.2 sens is the correct sens with a cl_fov of 1.55 right?

That will give you the same tracking speed, but turning around (i.e. 360 distance) will be different.