Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Titanfall 2

There's an FOV multiplier in videoconfig.txt but either it is inaccurate or the in-game slider is inaccurate. The value in the file ranges from 1 for 70 FOV and 1.55 for 110 FOV. This doesn't make a ton of sense because 110 is 57% more than 70. If you wanted the in-game slider to show 90, you would make it (90-70)/40*0.55+1 = 1.275. Although I don't know if this actually works out to 90 or you should put 90/70 = 1.29.

• Wizard

There's an FOV multiplier in videoconfig.txt but either it is inaccurate or the in-game slider is inaccurate. The value in the file ranges from 1 for 70 FOV and 1.55 for 110 FOV. This doesn't make a ton of sense because 110 is 57% more than 70. If you wanted the in-game slider to show 90, you would make it (90-70)/40*0.55+1 = 1.275. Although I don't know if this actually works out to 90 or you should put 90/70 = 1.29.

It rounds the multiplier to the nearest "some" number it seems.

FOV  Multi    Actual FOV
70   1        70
75   1.06875  74.8125
80   1.1375   79.625
90   1.275    89.25

And so on... Makes the monitor distance calculations a little bit off, but it shouldn't be too noticeable.

EDIT: And it's the in-game slider that's inaccurate. The multiplier lines up with what I've tested.

It rounds the multiplier to the nearest "some" number it seems.

FOV  Multi    Actual FOV
70   1        70
75   1.06875  74.8125
80   1.1375   79.625
90   1.275    89.25

And so on... Makes the monitor distance calculations a little bit off, but it shouldn't be too noticeable.

EDIT: And it's the in-game slider that's inaccurate. The multiplier lines up with what I've tested.

Given those numbers it seems it multiplies the would be increase by 0.9625. As in 90 FOV would be 1.285714... but instead it makes it

1 + 0.285714 * 0.9625 = 1.275

Or it would be a 20 FOV increase, so 20 * 0.9625 = 19.25

Really obscure.

Edited by Skwuruhl

So playing around with the calc.. Setting 0% from desktop conversion to TITANFALL 2 using 70fov gives me the same value as HIPFIRE. Perfect. (across ALL zoom sensitivities)

But if i make it 90fov and convert from 0% desktop i get different values for each individual zoom sensitivity.

Maybe i didnt understand what was said above but i would expect to be able to match one zoom sensitivity to 0% desktop and then the game will scale the rest the same? But the calculator does not?

Thanks in advance.

• Wizard

So playing around with the calc.. Setting 0% from desktop conversion to TITANFALL 2 using 70fov gives me the same value as HIPFIRE. Perfect. (across ALL zoom sensitivities)

But if i make it 90fov and convert from 0% desktop i get different values for each individual zoom sensitivity.

Maybe i didnt understand what was said above but i would expect to be able to match one zoom sensitivity to 0% desktop and then the game will scale the rest the same? But the calculator does not?

Thanks in advance.

It is only 0% at FOV 70, higher FOV results in higher % match at. At FOV 90 it is approx. 45% match instead for all zooms, so it's unfortunately impossible to match them all at 0% with FOV 90.

Yea but they origionally intended (or so they said) to implement USA in to TF2. If they matched everything with 0 percent then thats at least consistency between zooms.

Now everything is different between zooms if your not using 70FOV. Whilst thats not a bug its not very good either way.

• 8 months later...
On 1/8/2017 at 6:33 AM, DPI Wizard said:

It's not really a bug, just a consequence of the fact that changing the FOV does not change the 360 distance.

Question. In a game like this, would it be "better" to match the sensitivity with the lowest FOV change (i.e. the pistol) or the highest (the sniper rifles)? 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Titanfall 2 released on steam and got more popular than before. But I have one problem. I dont understand which scope called in calculator. I like using r-201 and changing my scope often. There are 4 scopes for r-201 and IDK which one in the calculator. Probably hcog or iron sight but IDK which one is correct. Can you rename it please @DPI Wizard?

• Wizard
18 hours ago, Pyroxia said:

Titanfall 2 released on steam and got more popular than before. But I have one problem. I dont understand which scope called in calculator. I like using r-201 and changing my scope often. There are 4 scopes for r-201 and IDK which one in the calculator. Probably hcog or iron sight but IDK which one is correct. Can you rename it please @DPI Wizard?

All scopes/ADS calculations are based on the stock sight for that gun, I've clarified it now and added all of them to the "All" calculation for easier use :)

• 3 weeks later...