Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

Having a hard time understanding this tool

Hi, i've been watching a lot of videos regarding this wonderful and complex (LOL) tool, but I had no idea how much information we need to know to have all games sens matched. Currently I'm playing BRs like PUBG, Blackout (BO4), Firestorm (BF5) and Apex Legends. I'm already using same FOV for all these games (horizontal FOV 100) , but i've noticed APEX legends and BF5 now have in-game FOV slide bar set to Vertical FOV,  am I correct? So for APEX legends and BF5 I had to manually test to understand which vertical FOV value would give me 100 horizontal FOV, and now I'm using 84 VFOV for these 2 games, but I'm not sure this is the correct value. Is it?

I also spent time testing to have same hipfire sens for all 4 games, and came up with this for horizontal FOV 100. Lets take APEX as main game:

APEX:2 / PUBG:45 / Firestorm:9% / Blackout:6.7 (is this correct?)

For ADS, I'm using 65% for APEX and Blackout (both have this option). For PUBG I'm just multipling my sens x 0,65 = approx. 30 and for firestorm I have no idea because it has a percentage slide bar based on something I can't understand. I'm currently using in 35%, but mouse feels weird in ADS.

Basically I want to undestand how to have same sens with FOV 100 for all games, including ADS and scopes, using APEX as main game: Sens 2 and ADS 0,65

2 hours ago, ruk1_br said:

Hi, i've been watching a lot of videos regarding this wonderful and complex (LOL) tool, but I had no idea how much information we need to know to have all games sens matched. Currently I'm playing BRs like PUBG, Blackout (BO4), Firestorm (BF5) and Apex Legends. I'm already using same FOV for all these games (horizontal FOV 100) , but i've noticed APEX legends and BF5 now have in-game FOV slide bar set to Vertical FOV,  am I correct? So for APEX legends and BF5 I had to manually test to understand which vertical FOV value would give me 100 horizontal FOV, and now I'm using 84 VFOV for these 2 games, but I'm not sure this is the correct value. Is it?

I also spent time testing to have same hipfire sens for all 4 games, and came up with this for horizontal FOV 100. Lets take APEX as main game:

APEX:2 / PUBG:45 / Firestorm:9% / Blackout:6.7 (is this correct?)

For ADS, I'm using 65% for APEX and Blackout (both have this option). For PUBG I'm just multipling my sens x 0,65 = approx. 30 and for firestorm I have no idea because it has a percentage slide bar based on something I can't understand. I'm currently using in 35%, but mouse feels weird in ADS.

Basically I want to undestand how to have same sens with FOV 100 for all games, including ADS and scopes, using APEX as main game: Sens 2 and ADS 0,65

Firstly, if you were to type 100 HFOV into the FOV field, then change from HFOV to VFOV for a given game, it will give you the correct VFOV value to input in game. You can see what type of FOV the game uses on the notes of the game. Hopefully this adresses your first point.

IF and only if you use the same FOV for all games, the 360 distance (or any conversion method) should be the same for all the games, so there's not much to worry about there.

For ADS it's unfortunately more complicated you have different conversion options, but I'd recommend 0% monitor distance matching. Setup the top section like this (with your own DPI):

268488126_Screenshot2019-04-11at5_56_30pm.png.ff2c40944c3b5fb6aba9f4e0657e02b4.png

Then choose your game to convert to and choose it's own settings with the aim set to all and it should give you the values it needs without you having to do any multiplying.

Please note though that it's not clear whether you're talking about 100 HFOV or 100HFOV(4:3) So be careful with that! Hope this helped

6 hours ago, ruk1_br said:

So for APEX legends and BF5 I had to manually test to understand which vertical FOV value would give me 100 horizontal FOV, and now I'm using 84 VFOV for these 2 games, but I'm not sure this is the correct value. Is it?

Just some background....most games have always referred to "horizontal FOV" as the 4:3 horizontal FOV in degrees using a "Hor+" system.

Hor+ means that the vertical portion remains fixed, and the horizontal FOV is expanded to fill the aspect ratio. This makes sense, since if you moved to a wider aspect ratio you'd expect to see more at the sides, not less at the top which would be the alternative (referred to as Vert- and almost never seen anymore).

So at 84 vertical, the horizontal FOV at 4:3 is 100.41, at 16:9; it's 116.01 etc etc.

The reason developers typically use the 4:3 based figure when describing horizontal FOV is so when people use different aspect ratios the FOV value didn't change in the menu which wouldn't be very intuitive. (Although some newer games have started using resolution based horizontal FOV values more commonly). For whatever reason, people tend to think of the FOV value as horizontal usually, although since vertical is always the fixed portion in a Hor+ environment it makes far more sense to think in terms of vertical FOV in my opinion.

Battlefield is an example where all engine calculations and the menu are in vertical degrees, but the menu also shows you the Horizontal 4:3 figure. If you increase aspect ratio, to say, an ultrawide 21:9 display, your Horizontal FOV would actually now be 129.09 degrees, but the menu still shows 100 as if you are at 4:3.

Since games do use different methods one can't just say "I'm at 90 FOV" like you tend to hear a lot, because it doesn't mean anything. Horizntal 4:3, horizontal resolution based and vertical are all now pretty common. Thankfully, as Skidushe explains above, you can enter the FOV you desire in whatever format you want to convert from, and the calculator will convert to the appropriate format to arrive at that actual FOV using the FOV option (whether it's a menu in game, or a config file like with Apex) for a particular game. 

7 hours ago, Skidushe said:

Firstly, if you were to type 100 HFOV into the FOV field, then change from HFOV to VFOV for a given game, it will give you the correct VFOV value to input in game. You can see what type of FOV the game uses on the notes of the game. Hopefully this adresses your first point.

IF and only if you use the same FOV for all games, the 360 distance (or any conversion method) should be the same for all the games, so there's not much to worry about there.

For ADS it's unfortunately more complicated you have different conversion options, but I'd recommend 0% monitor distance matching. Setup the top section like this (with your own DPI):

268488126_Screenshot2019-04-11at5_56_30pm.png.ff2c40944c3b5fb6aba9f4e0657e02b4.png

Then choose your game to convert to and choose it's own settings with the aim set to all and it should give you the values it needs without you having to do any multiplying.

Please note though that it's not clear whether you're talking about 100 HFOV or 100HFOV(4:3) So be careful with that! Hope this helped

Thanks for the explanation! How can I know what's my VFOV in blackout and PUBG? The only option game gives me is horizontal FOV. Maybe in the config file? which command? No idea, sorry!

13 hours ago, TheNoobPolice said:

The calculator tells you.

The calculator always defaults to the type of FOV that the game uses in the input section, in the below case of Black ops it's hdeg 16:9 based. The "Actual HFOV" always shows you the horizontal FOV as per your resolution setting inputs.

Capture.PNG.7ac0fdb0506710a3f58fef8bf76625ea.PNG

Well, my hipfire sens is now set OK to all games. Now I need to understand better how to adjust ADS sens since I have ADS adjusted to 65%. Can you guys recommend me something related to this?

8 hours ago, ruk1_br said:

Well, my hipfire sens is now set OK to all games. Now I need to understand better how to adjust ADS sens since I have ADS adjusted to 65%. Can you guys recommend me something related to this?

I strongly suggest you take the time to read through (not skim through, read it thoroughly) this full post.

12 hours ago, TheNoobPolice said:

I strongly suggest you take the time to read through (not skim through, read it thoroughly) this full post.

Well... I didnt find much info about ADS conversion like my case, since I use 65% of my maim sens for ADS. Where can i change values from "ADS horizontal sens multiplier" in cod4? Image below

Screenshot_2019-04-13-20-27-23-1.png

Edited by ruk1_br

"ADS conversion" is just matching two different FOVs to a given method. That's what the entire post is about. It recommends 0% MM for FOV changes (ADS'ing). I happen to agree.

Both those games use that system by default as it happens.

12 hours ago, ruk1_br said:

since I use 65% of my maim sens for ADS. Where can i change values from "ADS horizontal sens multiplier" in cod4? Image below

I'm not sure what you mean by 65%? Is the setting you currently have in Apex or Black ops? The percentage increase of 360 distance? The monitor match percentage ?

You have to define what something is a percentage of, otherwise it doesn't mean anything.

16 hours ago, TheNoobPolice said:

"ADS conversion" is just matching two different FOVs to a given method. That's what the entire post is about. It recommends 0% MM for FOV changes (ADS'ing). I happen to agree.

Both those games use that system by default as it happens.

I'm not sure what you mean by 65%? Is the setting you currently have in Apex or Black ops? The percentage increase of 360 distance? The monitor match percentage ?

You have to define what something is a percentage of, otherwise it doesn't mean anything.

Black ops4 and APEX legend has a slide bar for ADS multiplier like imagem below taken from Apex (default is 1). I have to set mine to 0.65 because my main/general sensitivity is too high. If I keep that option in 1, my ADS sens gets to fast/inaccurate. And I don't want to lower my general sens because I'm used to it.

LIXO.jpg

Edited by ruk1_br
11 hours ago, ruk1_br said:

If I keep that option in 1, my ADS sens gets to fast/inaccurate. And I don't want to lower my general sens because I'm used to it.

I see. So in that case, why are you even trying to convert? Your hipfire and ADS in Apex is already completely arbitrary and by feel alone, you may as well just sync up hipfire 360 distance as the ADS scopes are going to have a different FOV anyway between the two games. You could match up your ADS multiplier 0.65 to black ops 4 the same way, but since it's a different target FOV for the zooms in Black ops compared to Apex it doesn't achieve any consistency, and once again, is completely arbitrary. You may as well just continue to set by feel.

LIXO.jpg.8d88c049197d089dad9f85b7b77e2974.jpg

On 4/12/2019 at 9:55 AM, TheNoobPolice said:

The calculator tells you.

The calculator always defaults to the type of FOV that the game uses in the input section, in the below case of Black ops it's hdeg 16:9 based. The "Actual HFOV" always shows you the horizontal FOV as per your resolution setting inputs.

Capture.PNG.7ac0fdb0506710a3f58fef8bf76625ea.PNG

3 hours ago, TheNoobPolice said:

I see. So in that case, why are you even trying to convert? Your hipfire and ADS in Apex is already completely arbitrary and by feel alone, you may as well just sync up hipfire 360 distance as the ADS scopes are going to have a different FOV anyway between the two games. You could match up your ADS multiplier 0.65 to black ops 4 the same way, but since it's a different target FOV for the zooms in Black ops compared to Apex it doesn't achieve any consistency, and once again, is completely arbitrary. You may as well just continue to set by feel.

That's exactly my doubt! I thought this tool could help me with that, but as you said, I think I'll have to manually test ADS until it feels OK, right? What I wanted is to have ADS from all other games based on my APEX config (sens 2 / ADS 0.65). Blackout also has the option to 0.65 ADS, but I'm not sure if 0.65 ADS for APEX and BO4 are calculated the same way. 

One last thought: since I use 2 sens for APEX and I have 0.65 for ADS, can I say that my ADS will feel the same as a person who uses general sens 1.3 and 1 for ADS (2 x 0.65 = 1.3)? What if I calculate my ADS in another game using this method?

Ps.: Sorry for my english! Not my native language

Edited by ruk1_br
  • Wizard
21 minutes ago, ruk1_br said:

What I wanted is to have ADS from all other games based on my APEX config (sens 2 / ADS 0.65). Blackout also has the option to 0.65 ADS, but I'm not sure if 0.65 ADS for APEX and BO4 are calculated the same way. 

They are the same, but most games do not use this scale.

What you want to do is convert directly from ADS to ADS. First convert hipfire to hipfire to get the base sensitivity (this is just an example, adjust your values according to your settings):

image.png

Then convert from ADS to ADS using the calculated hipfire sensitivity:

image.png

As you can see in this case you will get 0.65 in both games.

For PUBG it would be like this:

image.png

image.png

And for BFV like this (will also work with 0.65/65 if you set USA to 0) Zoom sens is 104% because of lack of decimals for hipfire.:

image.png

image.png

32 minutes ago, ruk1_br said:

One last thought: since I use 2 sens for APEX and I have 0.65 for ADS, can I say that my ADS will feel the same as a person who uses general sens 1.3 and 1 for ADS (2 x 0.65 = 1.3)? What if I calculate my ADS in another game using this method?

No, this method does not work for Apex, but it does work for some games.

On 4/15/2019 at 1:31 PM, DPI Wizard said:

They are the same, but most games do not use this scale.

What you want to do is convert directly from ADS to ADS. First convert hipfire to hipfire to get the base sensitivity (this is just an example, adjust your values according to your settings):

image.png

Then convert from ADS to ADS using the calculated hipfire sensitivity:

image.png

As you can see in this case you will get 0.65 in both games.

For PUBG it would be like this:

image.png

image.png

And for BFV like this (will also work with 0.65/65 if you set USA to 0) Zoom sens is 104% because of lack of decimals for hipfire.:

image.png

image.png

No, this method does not work for Apex, but it does work for some games.

Thanks so much! That's what I was looking for! Am I allowed to set sens thru config file (I mean because of decimals). I remember that some players were being banned because of this. Thanks in advance!