Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS (PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds)

54 minutes ago, diz said:

dont work for me. i play cs go 800dpi, sens 1.5, 1920x1080 24, play pubg 3rd person,  8x = 86 sens -very big. calculator hipfire = 43.5 - incorrectly, correctly ~ 46
Screenshot.thumb.png.9c656d33143373ea3e5329171bf69592.png

You don't want to match an 8xscope for pubg to csgo hipfire 360 distance. Use viewspeed or Monitor Distance (just use viewspeed for simplicity).

It was discovered (or maybe always known) that matching 360 distance is really only ideal if your field of view is the same. Some make arguments that for hipfire, 360 distance is best, but I tend to think sensitivity should always be matched on a ratio if FOV isn't the same.

Edited by Bryjoe
1 hour ago, Bryjoe said:

You don't want to match an 8xscope for pubg to csgo hipfire 360 distance. Use viewspeed or Monitor Distance (just use viewspeed for simplicity).

It was discovered (or maybe always known) that matching 360 distance is really only ideal if your field of view is the same. Some make arguments that for hipfire, 360 distance is best, but I tend to think sensitivity should always be matched on a ratio if FOV isn't the same.

need use viewspeed for hipfire, scoping, targeting, x?

Edited by diz
  • Wizard
9 minutes ago, diz said:

If you are converting hipfire to hipfire (and targeting for PUBG) you can use 360 distance so you have a consistent movement for turning 180 degrees etc (others works as well, depening on your preference), but for scoping and scopes you must use Viewspeed or Monitor Distance.

2 minutes ago, diz said:

You can use it for all 3 and it works just fine. I would actually recommend it. Well, there is one caveat, are you playing 3rd person mode? For 3rd person mode, I would recommend matching CSGO hipfire to 360 distance, as the FOV is not constant. Every other setting can be more or less matched with viewspeed. It seems counter-intuitive, but once you get it feels right.

Think of the AWP in CSGO, does the scoped sensitivity feel weird to you? It is actually much slower than your hipfire 360, but it doesn't feel weird because it is based on a ratio that is suited for the scoped FOV. The lower the FOV, the lower your 360 sensitivity needs to be for it to feel "natural".

3 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

If you are converting hipfire to hipfire (and targeting for PUBG) you can use 360 distance so you have a consistent movement for turning 180 degrees etc, but for scoping and scopes use Viewspeed or Monitor Distance.

I am kind've torn on not using viewspeed for hipfire. Like yes, you have consistent movement from game to game, but couldn't your aim suffer from the FOV inconsistency? Especially for games like Quake that has an absurdly high FOV, or even something like Battlefield that has a pretty low default FOV. Thoughts?

• Wizard
Just now, Bryjoe said:

I am kind've torn on not using viewspeed for hipfire. Like yes, you have consistent movement from game to game, but couldn't your aim suffer from the FOV inconsistency? Especially for games like Quake that has an absurdly high FOV, or even something like Battlefield that has a pretty low default FOV. Thoughts?

It's an issue like you say, for something like BF3 with FOV 85 or so to 120+ for a Quake game. You generally want to have the full range of turning when not aiming, so the actual aim is less important than knowing a 90 degree turn by muscle memory etc. Ideally for consistency you would want the same FOV in all games, but that is not always possible or even desirable. 

21 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

It's an issue like you say, for something like BF3 with FOV 85 or so to 120+ for a Quake game. You generally want to have the full range of turning when not aiming, so the actual aim is less important than knowing a 90 degree turn by muscle memory etc. Ideally for consistency you would want the same FOV in all games, but that is not always possible or even desirable. 

In Battlefield, I could definitely see the argument for 360 hipfire match, as the majority of your precision aiming is in ADS. In Quake, your movement and aiming is all done from the hip, so it really is a tough call in that game. Couple that with the fact that Quake is an incredibly fast game that is suited for the higher sensitivities and you would probably be at a disadvantage playing at a lower FOV than the default.

It really is a catch 22, if you want consistent aim at different FOVs, you pretty much have to use something like viewspeed. If you want consistent movement, you have to use 360. It's a game by game basis and I think Quake is an especially tough one given how good aim and movement are both extremely important.

After thinking, I believe Quake is definitely a game where movement is much more important than aim, but then do I lower the FOV to have the best of both worlds? Ugh.

Edited by Bryjoe

another odd thing I noticed is the dude who made the 2x scope video says that scoping sensitivity should be general sensitivity +3, but if I convert the viewspeed of targeting to scoping then I get -1 on my settings.  I'm clearly over or under thinking something here.

• Wizard
3 minutes ago, bkeller said:

another odd thing I noticed is the dude who made the 2x scope video says that scoping sensitivity should be general sensitivity +3, but if I convert the viewspeed of targeting to scoping then I get -1 on my settings.  I'm clearly over or under thinking something here.

All scopes and aims are by default in the game matched to 100% Monitor Distance. Meaning having the same value for targeting and 2x scope = 100% Monitor Distance match.

I wonder why he is telling people to set their scoping distance to +3 from their targeting to preserve the muscle memory, wouldn't I be better off doing a monitor distance/viewspeed match in the calculator so everything feels the same if I want to retain muscle memory?

• Wizard
37 minutes ago, bkeller said:

I wonder why he is telling people to set their scoping distance to +3 from their targeting to preserve the muscle memory, wouldn't I be better off doing a monitor distance/viewspeed match in the calculator so everything feels the same if I want to retain muscle memory?

Everyone has their own preference, but setting them to +3 means that actually nothing on-screen will be matched. The matching with +3 is beyond the edge of the screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i'm trying to convert my Cs go sense to pubg.

If i use FOV 80 to have same sense in first person and third person  (PUBG)  . I need to use monitor distance, Match  at 75%  right ?

My sense in cs go is 1.5 , 800 DPI , resolution 2560*1440 , FOV default (90 ?) .

Normal/Targetting = Mouse Sensitivity=36.257845

Scoping = MouseSensitivity=35.905021

Scope 2x = MouseSensitivity=35.207765

Scope 4x = MouseSensitivity=34.828863

Scope 8x = MouseSensitivity=34.761792

Scope 15x = MouseSensitivity=34.743149

I'm not sure if i'm done it good.

Thank's.

Edited by d4MiS
4 hours ago, d4MiS said:

Hi, i'm trying to convert my Cs go sense to pubg.

If i use FOV 80 to have same sense in first person and third person  (PUBG)  . I need to use monitor distance, Match  at 75%  right ?

My sense in cs go is 1.5 , 800 DPI , resolution 2560*1440 , FOV default (90 ?) .

Normal/Targetting = Mouse Sensitivity=36.257845

Scoping = MouseSensitivity=35.905021

Scope 2x = MouseSensitivity=35.207765

Scope 4x = MouseSensitivity=34.828863

Scope 8x = MouseSensitivity=34.761792

Scope 15x = MouseSensitivity=34.743149

I'm not sure if i'm done it good.

Thank's.

Viewspeed is to match 75%, but i'm not sure it even works. use Monitor Distance at 100%. Yeah the fov for csgo is 90. the only problem is that csgo fov is 4:3 base (e.g. 1024x768) and Pubg is resolution based. your using 2560*1440 which is a 16:9 ratio.  i'm not sure if this is correct but you would need an fov of 106.26 on pubg to match the 90fov on csgo so the  actual vertical and horizontal degrees are the same for both games. Hopefully admin can clear up how it works. and also when i did mine i got the same sensitivity value for all Scope and Normal sensitivty; Is this correct?

https://toolstud.io/photo/aspect.php

http://themetalmuncher.github.io/fov-calc/

On 27.10.2017 at 2:11 PM, Hendrix said:

Viewspeed is to match 75%, but i'm not sure it even works. use Monitor Distance at 100%. Yeah the fov for csgo is 90. the only problem is that csgo fov is 4:3 base (e.g. 1024x768) and Pubg is resolution based. your using 2560*1440 which is a 16:9 ratio.  i'm not sure if this is correct but you would need an fov of 106.26 on pubg to match the 90fov on csgo so the  actual vertical and horizontal degrees are the same for both games. Hopefully admin can clear up how it works. and also when i did mine i got the same sensitivity value for all Scope and Normal sensitivty; Is this correct?

https://toolstud.io/photo/aspect.php

http://themetalmuncher.github.io/fov-calc/

I hope this topic helps.

4 hours ago, gbtg said:

edit: my bad i am dumb.

also, what is the difference between viewspeed V1 and viewspeed V2?

thanks

Viewspeed v2 is an improved version of viewspeed, but they are pretty close. Viewspeed V2 feels closer to the industry standard 75% Monitor Distance Match (but it isn't always this)

If you like a little slower scoped movement Viewspeed V1 is slower. For most, Viewspeed V2 will feel the most natural, especially if you grew up on games like Counterstrike.

Which method of conversion provides the most "natural" transition between 1st Person Hipfire / Scoping / Scope 2x / Scope 4x / Scope 8x etc.?

I guess by "natural" i mean the sensitivity scales (for that 1:1 feeling) relative to each respective FOV change (100/70/44.44/20/11.03/6.67)

So the muscle memory of Hipfire scales seamlessly through the scopes.

I made a chart to show the differences visually:

pubg-sensitivity-scaled.png

Edited by b4z

The game is using Lastconvertedsensitivity every time, so if i change the "normal sensitivity" in the config file, nothing happened.

The normal sensitivity is only in game make a change.

Anyone recognized this problem?

Edited by Dency
  • Wizard
1 minute ago, Dency said:

The game is using Lastconvertedsensitvity every time, so if i change the "normal sensitivity" in the config file, nothing happened.

The normals sensitivity is only in game make a change.

Anyone recognized this problem?

Correct, the LastConvertedMouseSensitivity value is the actual sensitivity applied, while the MouseSensitivity value is the value in the menus.

So if you only set the LastConvertedMouseSensitivity value, the sensitivity will be correct, but in-game it will show 50. And if you change any sensitivity setting in-game it will reset the LastConvertedMouseSensitivity to reflect what you see in the menus.

So the trick is to calculate both values, just switch the Location selection to Config File 2 to calculate the MouseSensitivity value as well, and enter both values in the file where they belong.

18 hours ago, Drimzi said:

Viewspeed v2 is the attempt for the best solution.

Monitor distance is flawed to me, because if the game uses hor+ fov scaling with a locked vertical fov, the sensitivity result of monitor match will depend on the aspect ratio of the monitor, even though the game visually looks the exact same but with extra peripheral vision added to the sides. To me, monitor distance can not be the answer.

dfg.thumb.jpg.daa892c5f7c1bb0cc4c640ac28476270.jpg

As you can see, the sensitivity should not be impacted by the aspect ratio. Only 360 distance, monitor distance 0%, and viewspeed v2, function without the aspect ratio changing the sensitivity.

So, Pubg is one of the only 3rd person games that doesn't feel absolutely sluggish using traditional conversions. Running the game at a modest 41cm 360 doesn't feel nearly as slow as it does in other 3rd person games. It also corresponds with settings most of the "pros" have settled on being 40-60 (in-game conversion) sensitivity. The viewspeed match with CSGO at that same 360 distance would make it ~55 cm/360, which surprisingly still feels pretty good if not a little slow.

PubG seems like an ideal game to be your "Base" 3rd person game as the hipfire matches really well and feels good compared to other 3rd person games. It is surprising that so many find the conversion off in this game when it feels better than most 3rd person games.

do you guys think practicing aim in csgo will help for pubg? i am not really sure how all those conversion methods work, but from my understanding, my sensitivity will be matched for moving my mouse from point A to point B on the monitor and in that case it will feel the same for both games. but will it feel exactly the same for moving from point C to D? i guess my question is: could using csgo to practice aiming help or hurt my muscle memory for pubg?

1 hour ago, gbtg said:

do you guys think practicing aim in csgo will help for pubg? i am not really sure how all those conversion methods work, but from my understanding, my sensitivity will be matched for moving my mouse from point A to point B on the monitor and in that case it will feel the same for both games. but will it feel exactly the same for moving from point C to D? i guess my question is: could using csgo to practice aiming help or hurt my muscle memory for pubg?

It 100% will, as most of your aiming in PUBG is ADS (Aim Down Sights) anyways. If you match based on Viewspeed V2, it will be the same as hipfire in CSGO, just slightly different as it is based on a ratio rather than how far you move your mouse. 3rd person hipfire won't be the same and may never feel the same.