Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

1 hour ago, Wiet Pot said:

Hey guys, I am trying to convert my MW ADS sens to Kovaak's Hip's sense (as the ADS sens for Kovaak is not available for every training, if this is a poor idea please let me know). I play with 6 sens, 120 FOV, relative with coefficient 0 percent and ADS affected. As this is my first time using this website properly, I would really appreciate it if someone could verify my calculations. Thanks in advance!

My logic essentially is to select the ADS I want to train (either AR iron / reflex sight or SMG iron / reflex sight in my case), and use the FOV the tool calculates as an FOV value for Kovaak's but I am not certain this method is accurate. I am also not entirely certain I converted my ingame MW setting of relative, 0 percent coefficient correctly into the Monitor distance vertical field, is it supposed to be 0 percent and then 100 percent scale?

kovaak.thumb.png.32b31a7ca133726e94ec016ec28527a7.png

image.png.86361e65efc337cd58180a95f40491aa.pngid consider changing location to : in game

and the aim to:  all

image.png.913eae5b5641e0726d9dfb18b4772383.pngturn this on and set it to 120 fov, fov type to hdeg 16;9

and converting to most games shouldn't be an issue( should simplify it all)

Edited by fortunate reee
30 minutes ago, TheNoobPolice said:

@Wiet PotThat's correct, and there's nothing wrong with your logic

The scale % acts as a post-multiplier, so if you applied a 70% scale to the monitor distance of 0%, it would be effectively the same as having the ADS sens multiplier at 0.7 in game with 0% coefficient

Thank you so much for checking this! And that makes sense, of course. PS: I've encountered your name throughout the years on Battlelog, Reddit and now here and your posts have really helped me and made me think about the concept of aiming and muscle memory, in fact my 0 percent coefficient choice was partly due to posts of yours. So you replying is quite a cool full circle moment haha. (sadly, as you can see, I have not quite grasped all the concepts you have attempted to explain throughout the years but I am trying!)

13 minutes ago, fortunate reee said:

image.png.86361e65efc337cd58180a95f40491aa.pngid consider changing location to : in game

and the aim to:  all

image.png.913eae5b5641e0726d9dfb18b4772383.pngturn this on and set it to 120 fov, fov type to hdeg 16;9

and converting to most games shouldn't be an issue( should simplify it all)

Thank you as well! I have attempted this now but I am a bit confused as to how I could then train my ADS sensitivity in Kovaak's. Perhaps I am missing something but there is no support on Kovaak for the MW ADS options as there is on this site eg, there is an option to use 'Zoom Sens Auto Scale ' and an option for ADS FOV though. Assuming Zoom sens auto scale uses 0 percent, I still am not sure how to retrieve the correct ADS  FOV value without selecting the specific aim in the tool.

As such, I figured my solution of using the HIP in Kovaak as the actual ADS in MW could work, although having my proper HIP value and then an ADS value would perhaps be the best scenario! (although not all trainings have ADS support, sadly)

(sadly, as you can see, I have not quite grasped all the concepts you have attempted to explain throughout the years but I am trying!)

I think to say you had everything done correct first attempt you are probably the least noobie newbie the site has seen 😉

Perhaps I am missing something but there is no support on Kovaak for the MW ADS options as there is on this site eg, there is an option to use 'Zoom Sens Auto Scale ' and an option for ADS FOV though. Assuming Zoom sens auto scale uses 0 percent, I still am not sure how to retrieve the correct ADS  FOV value without selecting the specific aim in the tool. As such, I figured my solution of using the HIP in Kovaak as the actual ADS in MW could work, although having my proper HIP value and then an ADS value would perhaps be the best scenario! (although not all trainings have ADS support, sadly)

Yes, the entry for Kovaak's aim trainer on the calculator does not look fully updated with the latest meta 2.0 features. Although the game has some quirks anyway - the "zoom sens auto scale" does indeed use "0% monitor distance", and the zoom multiplier works separately -  you can't auto scale, and use the zoom multiplier combined. Also, there are two options for the same setting depending on trainer mode or sandbox. So if you wanted to use say a 75% monitor distance for zoom, you would need to know the zoom FOV and apply a multiplier, but I think the zoom amount is variable depending on scenario, and these are just all added to daily through steam workshop, so is likely beyond the scope of what is realistic to measure.

EDIT: I checked it again, there is an option to set the zoomFOV and FOV type regardless of scenario now, so this could indeed be added to the calculator

EDIT 2: Its already there, clearly more coffee needed today!

Edited by TheNoobPolice
3 hours ago, Wiet Pot said:

Thank you so much for checking this! And that makes sense, of course. PS: I've encountered your name throughout the years on Battlelog, Reddit and now here and your posts have really helped me and made me think about the concept of aiming and muscle memory, in fact my 0 percent coefficient choice was partly due to posts of yours. So you replying is quite a cool full circle moment haha. (sadly, as you can see, I have not quite grasped all the concepts you have attempted to explain throughout the years but I am trying!)

Thank you as well! I have attempted this now but I am a bit confused as to how I could then train my ADS sensitivity in Kovaak's. Perhaps I am missing something but there is no support on Kovaak for the MW ADS options as there is on this site eg, there is an option to use 'Zoom Sens Auto Scale ' and an option for ADS FOV though. Assuming Zoom sens auto scale uses 0 percent, I still am not sure how to retrieve the correct ADS  FOV value without selecting the specific aim in the tool.

As such, I figured my solution of using the HIP in Kovaak as the actual ADS in MW could work, although having my proper HIP value and then an ADS value would perhaps be the best scenario! (although not all trainings have ADS support, sadly)

personally prefer to train the basics instead of putting focus into specific scopes since learning hip will translate well to most scopes once you are used to the whole 0% feel

^considering that no two games will have the exact same scope fov  i prefer the learning by doing approach

0% as a concept is a very niche thing so having it implemented in an aim trainer at all is already pretty impressive

(even when done somewhat over complicated )

Edited by fortunate reee
2 minutes ago, fortunate reee said:

personally prefer to train the basics instead of putting focus into specific scopes since learning hip will translate well to most scopes once you are used to the whole 0% feel

^considering that no two games will have the exact same scope fov  i prefer the learning by doing approach

Right, that does make sense! I get your point but for me personally, I was training flicks on my HIP sense but I was just having quite some issues  consistently tracking running / strafing enemies. Since like 90 percent of my gunfights are in ADS mode (AR or SMG, which thanks to this site I discovered has a different FOV despite using the same sights..) I thought it would make most sense to try and replicate the ADS sens in an aim trainer.

Having said that, there is no recoil in these trainers and I am not quite convinced whether the best training method might still be a custom match on Shipment with bots, as you rightfully say, I would literally only be training for one game.. so why not train in that game in the first place. (bots trolling you is a good counter argument though, hehe)

21 minutes ago, Wiet Pot said:

Right, that does make sense! I get your point but for me personally, I was training flicks on my HIP sense but I was just having quite some issues  consistently tracking running / strafing enemies. Since like 90 percent of my gunfights are in ADS mode (AR or SMG, which thanks to this site I discovered has a different FOV despite using the same sights..) I thought it would make most sense to try and replicate the ADS sens in an aim trainer.

Having said that, there is no recoil in these trainers and I am not quite convinced whether the best training method might still be a custom match on Shipment with bots, as you rightfully say, I would literally only be training for one game.. so why not train in that game in the first place. (bots trolling you is a good counter argument though, hehe)

image.png.f941087be64bb28ad836e1f810aa8b84.png 

with 0% you'll always carry over a base line of aim no matter where you go , i wouldn't necessarily focus on one or the other in your case id mix aim trainers ( rough edges / stuff that doesn't work so well for you  ) + in game for practical application

the primary reason for me , not to train a specific ads would be the potential "shoot in "  ( over training one and ignoring the other )

^mostly me being paranoid btw

:)

Edited by fortunate reee

I have been playing this game for hours pretty much everyday in fast playlists like shoothouse/shipment and i just have to ask , is it just me that relative does not make any sense to ? It just does not matter what i set it on . 

Like hear me out 

I go to a game and set the fov then i select a good general ( hipfire ) sensitivity and select a try to find a good ADS settings . I feel like this is a good way of going about finding a sensitivity if you are not sure but no matter what i do it just does not feel good . 

My aim is crazy good with legacy settings and it should be simillar with a proper relative setting like either a 1.78 or 0 but it jusy isn't , anyone else noticing this in their gameplay or it's just me ? 

36 minutes ago, iman said:

I have been playing this game for hours pretty much everyday in fast playlists like shoothouse/shipment and i just have to ask , is it just me that relative does not make any sense to ? It just does not matter what i set it on . 

Like hear me out 

I go to a game and set the fov then i select a good general ( hipfire ) sensitivity and select a try to find a good ADS settings . I feel like this is a good way of going about finding a sensitivity if you are not sure but no matter what i do it just does not feel good . 

My aim is crazy good with legacy settings and it should be simillar with a proper relative setting like either a 1.78 or 0 but it jusy isn't , anyone else noticing this in their gameplay or it's just me ? 

I play a lot of Modern Warfare as well. Legacy I believe is 1.33 monitor distance. In any case, switching between values for relative distance does have a noticeable difference on ADS sensitivity. Changing between them will mess up your muscle memory. I think most people on the forum use 0%, which scales ADS speed by the focal length of the scope FOV and maintains the same feeling at the crosshair.

3 hours ago, ODSYViper said:

I play a lot of Modern Warfare as well. Legacy I believe is 1.33 monitor distance. In any case, switching between values for relative distance does have a noticeable difference on ADS sensitivity. Changing between them will mess up your muscle memory. I think most people on the forum use 0%, which scales ADS speed by the focal length of the scope FOV and maintains the same feeling at the crosshair.

The legacy is scaling from 65 fov with 0% and 1.33 is 100% on a 4:3 IF IM NOT MISTAKING . 

Back to what i was saying ,yea thats the strange part about all this , no matter what i use it never feels as good as legacy and the problem is that since i came from games that never gave me the option to set my scaling method and numbers i really don't know what is my comfortable % if it makes any sense .

At the end i know that these sort of things are not important and you use the thing that gets you the results you are looking for but it is strange . 

1 hour ago, G_e_n_o_s said:

Should i use Relative or Legacy ?

If i use relative, what monitor match should i use ? (it is 1.33 by default in the game is this the best ?)

i play 800dpi 7sens 1920x1080

and my monitor is 15.6 (16:9)

i use relative at 0%

-------------------------------

i make sure to use gradual ads transition tho + fov affected

^those 2 factors can be pretty impactful if you ask me

il y a 2 minutes, fortunate reee a dit :

i use relative at 0%

-------------------------------

i make sure to use gradual ads transition tho + fov affected

^those 2 factors can be pretty impactful if you ask me

i use independent bc affected to have same sens between each lowzoom gun

2 minutes ago, G_e_n_o_s said:

i use independent bc affected to have same sens between each lowzoom gun

think you mean 360 distance instead of sens, even then that does not make alot of sens pretty much counterproductive

but whatever floats your boat

Edited by fortunate reee

Im on a 21:9 screen, 5% sens on legacy with 400 dpi 500hz. Is it best to use a monitor coefficient of 2.37 or stay at legacy? I play other FPS games that don't use a monitor coefficient value or if they have a scaled aiming type deal going on I turn it off but MW is my primary game. 

I'm just confused by all the settings and i'm not good or anything (2.36 k/d) but I just want to know from people that are better and or more experienced what a good base line to start off would be. 

5 minutes ago, djsskeilbasa said:

Im on a 21:9 screen, 5% sens on legacy with 400 dpi 500hz. Is it best to use a monitor coefficient of 2.37 or stay at legacy? I play other FPS games that don't use a monitor coefficient value or if they have a scaled aiming type deal going on I turn it off but MW is my primary game. 

I'm just confused by all the settings and i'm not good or anything (2.36 k/d) but I just want to know from people that are better and or more experienced what a good base line to start off would be. 

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/forums/topic/6396-instructions/

• Wizard
3 minutes ago, stereo3D said:

@DPI Wizard if a user selects legacy, then they should also have to enter ADS low and high zoom as multiplier 1 and 2.

it doesn't really make sense to calculate the multipliers based on the conversion setup, because then you could have used relative + MDC in the first place.

Well technically if you use Legacy for the pure Legacy reason you will only use 1 for the multipliers anyway, so it's enough to just calculate the hipfire sensitivity.

A different reason to use Legacy might be that it scales the scopes differently and maybe to someones liking more than relative, if you prefer something else than a uniform scaling.

• Wizard
15 minutes ago, stereo3D said:

let's say i want legacy with ADS sens 1 as my base game. how would i do that? i guess, i'd have to disable the conversion setup somehow.

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=aa7d2671f7a2fc8179b9d5600351a528

You can compensate for the source being "wrong" (i.e. not 65 hdeg 4:3) by using the scale, and setting it to the difference between the vertical FOV of 120 Hdeg 16:9 and 65 Hdeg 4:3 with this formula:

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=TAN(88.507155+degrees%2F2)%2FTAN(51.077193+degrees%2F2)*100

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=9a7e0d82a86526278b7e46debb0f8d21

A bit of a manual job I see, but it is possible. 

17 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

You can compensate for the source being "wrong" (i.e. not 65 hdeg 4:3) by using the scale, and setting it to the difference between the vertical FOV of 120 Hdeg 16:9 and 65 Hdeg 4:3 with this formula:

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=TAN(88.507155+degrees%2F2)%2FTAN(51.077193+degrees%2F2)*100

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=9a7e0d82a86526278b7e46debb0f8d21

A bit of a manual job I see, but it is possible. 

thanks, but even this method only seems to work when ADS FOV is independent?

28 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Btw, Legacy in BO4 should be just MDV 0% and not tied to a fixed source of 65 Hdeg 4:3 unless they have changed it at some point. I'll check the game soon, but if you notice they have changed it let me know.

not necessary, they didn't change it.