Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Why does Shroud use 450 DPI instead of 400?

My theory is that because he plays so many different games some of which like Warframe (that he was sponsored to play and many others too) that have bad sensitivity sliders and no configuration, he is compensating with a little bit more DPI for conversions from other games? Why does he also not have the same Targeting and Scope sens, sure some people like it slower on scopes but is that actually the reason? Doesn't targeting and scope sensitivity in fortnite come in at different 360 distance measurements, is he lowering the scope so it becomes the same as targeting or something?

789600027_Wutda.thumb.PNG.af236f29d2921666459ae1662cfe5b18.PNG

4 hours ago, PreciousCreature91 said:

My theory is that because he plays so many different games some of which like Warframe (that he was sponsored to play and many others too) that have bad sensitivity sliders and no configuration, he is compensating with a little bit more DPI for conversions from other games? Why does he also not have the same Targeting and Scope sens, sure some people like it slower on scopes but is that actually the reason? Doesn't targeting and scope sensitivity in fortnite come in at different 360 distance measurements, is he lowering the scope so it becomes the same as targeting or something?

789600027_Wutda.thumb.PNG.af236f29d2921666459ae1662cfe5b18.PNG

he once mentioned that on stream he accidentally had it on 450 at one point and just kept using it , dont copy someone leses setting use what works for you then you are set :)

It's because the Logitech G Pro Wireless has the new Hero sensor which has a different dpi variance. You can Google it, but for example 850 dpi = 800 dpi normally. Technically 400 dpi = 425 dpi on Hero mice, but you can only change it in increments of 50. He probably felt the difference and changed it to 450 to get the same feel as his old mouse.

Guest ZSfGuBcu
1 hour ago, deludted said:

It's because the Logitech G Pro Wireless has the new Hero sensor which has a different dpi variance. You can Google it, but for example 850 dpi = 800 dpi normally. Technically 400 dpi = 425 dpi on Hero mice, but you can only change it in increments of 50. He probably felt the difference and changed it to 450 to get the same feel as his old mouse.

Do you have a source for what you are saying perhaps ? 

Like I said, you can Google it, but here is the post I was referencing.

When first playing on Hero sensor it felt "floaty" or like it had some acceleration. Someone figured out in the post I linked that the DPI levels are different on Hero sensor mice. I confirmed this myself when I switched from 800 dpi to 850 dpi @ 500hz and it felt the same as before. You can try it yourself if you don't believe me.

11 hours ago, deludted said:

i didnt expierence that, also on the dpi checker my 800dpi is true 800dpi.

And as far as i know he always played with 450 (also on his old mouse) he just didnt know that.

Guest ZSfGuBcu
10 hours ago, deludted said:

Like I said, you can Google it, but here is the post I was referencing.

When first playing on Hero sensor it felt "floaty" or like it had some acceleration. Someone figured out in the post I linked that the DPI levels are different on Hero sensor mice. I confirmed this myself when I switched from 800 dpi to 850 dpi @ 500hz and it felt the same as before. You can try it yourself if you don't believe me.

i play a lot of 2D games everyday , probably more than i a willing to admit XD and i switch from one mouse to another pretty regularly and i did not notice the change and it is also the same for dpi checker . so perhaps what you mean is that the sensor "feels" different with this sensor than other ones . 

I switched from G903 (which has 3366 sensor) to Wireless G Pro with the hero sensor and kept all my settings the same. It definitely felt different to me and I didn't understand why. After a Google search I found many threads of people asking if Wireless G Pro with hero sensor had acceleration because it felt different. I know this worked for me, I can't speak for every other mouse with a Hero sensor, but that would be my guess as to why he switched to 450 dpi. This issue might have been fixed with newer mice.

Why so low? Do games not go low enough in sens values? There is no pro to lower your DPI below the max supported valued of the mouse. If you think you need lower DPI. In reality you just need lower sens. A higher DPI means the mouse on screen more closely mimics you real life movement.

In other news; Shroud reveals he prefers polyester shirts - Millions of gamer's throw their cotton shirts in the trash in response.

"That's what was holding me back!!" They cried. "Now I have a wardrobe of polyester shirts I too will be able to attain god like aim, competitive FPS success, and huge streamer popularity."