Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Quake Champions Zoom

Hey, when calculating the zoom sensitivity multiplier for quake champions, they added an option that is along the lines of "automatically scale zoom by change in focal length" basically making it so that it automatically converts using mm0%, my question is, do i have to change the zoom sensitivity from 1 down to 0.83 or do i just leave it at 1? 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wizard
Just now, YungTrapperZoj said:

Hey, when calculating the zoom sensitivity multiplier for quake champions, they added an option that is along the lines of "automatically scale zoom by change in focal length" basically making it so that it automatically converts using mm0%, my question is, do i have to change the zoom sensitivity from 1 down to 0.83 or do i just leave it at 1? 

Quake Champions zoom sensitivity has always been off compared to a regular mathematical scale. So I need to (painstakingly) analyze this and see exactly what it does. It might be as simple as your suggestion though, but I'll check it to be sure and add it as a Special Option to the game.

Pretty sure they were using a look up table, with hard coded multipliers for each fov. According to recent patch notes, they changed it to have a toggle for 0% mm, or no scaling at all, with a simple multiplier similar to overwatch.

The whole system should be the same as KovaaKs.

Edited by Drimzi
  • Wizard
Just now, Drimzi said:

Pretty sure they were using a look up table, with hard coded multipliers for each fov. According to recent patch notes, they changed it to have a toggle for 0% mm, or no scaling at all, with a simple multiplier similar to overwatch.

I'll check the FOV's tomorrow and see if anything changed. Looking back at the original analysis, it's pretty obvious when graphed that it had one scaling for <100 to 110, one for 110-130 and a final one for 130+. I found 59% MDH to be the best average, but can't quite recall if I analyzed each step of the scaling.

• 3 months later...