Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

WHEN to use monitor distance match vs 360 distance?

I kind of understand what monitor distance matching is (0% the "best for scopes"), and I obviously know what 360 distance is, but I dont know when to use each. For example, in apex, when you ads with any weapon, it changes the fov by around 20-ish for 1x scope, which is quite a drastic change, so I dont know if I should use 0% monitor match, or 360 distance. 

so I guess my question is for ads sensitivity in apex, should I use monitor distance matching, or 360 distance? 

My advice would be the following:

For matching hipfire, use 360 distance unless the game's meta is heavily predicated on aim, like an FPS game. If you just want familiar 180s and 90 degree turns. It's pretty much always best to match 3rd person games with 360 distance for example, since 3rd person aiming is different anyway. For FPS games you should really be trying to match hipfire FOV anyway.

0% Monitor distance (or focal length), maintains the actual sensitivity at the point of aim. This is generally the most useful for ADS transitions, especially in games where there is a lot of tracking, recoil control and / or slower ttk.

For games with high zooms and more sniping-style aiming mechanics (or at least where they are more important) use a monitor distance conversion - depending on the amount of zoom anywhere from 50-75% horizontal Monitor Distance will probably feel the most natural. Focal length generally feels too slow compared to hipfire once the ADS FOV change gets to be greater than 40 vertical degrees or so of reduction.

This is why it's really great when games give per-scope ADS sens control, so you don't need to compromise.

Edited by TheNoobPolice

1. what does mdh mean?

2. for the "TheNoobPolice"  when you're aiming down sights, you arent going to be flicking perfectly horizontal or veritablel, wouldn't monitor distance match be pointless,?

3. for the "TheNoobPolice" my apex fov is 104, while my ads fov for 1x scope is 87.46 (used this https://jscalc.io/calc/Q1gf45VCY4tmm2dq website). Ok so with that info, would making ads sens 1:1 using 360 distance, make my ads sens be (technically) faster, than my hipfire?

4.  for the "TheNoobPolice" if ques. 2 was incorrect, then which would you recommend for a more flick orientated player like myself, 360 distance or focal length? 

il y a 13 minutes, TempleRxse a dit :

1. what does mdh mean?

2. for the "TheNoobPolice"  when you're aiming down sights, you arent going to be flicking perfectly horizontal or veritablel, wouldn't monitor distance match be pointless,?

3. for the "TheNoobPolice" my apex fov is 104, while my ads fov for 1x scope is 87.46 (used this https://jscalc.io/calc/Q1gf45VCY4tmm2dq website). Ok so with that info, would making ads sens 1:1 using 360 distance, make my ads sens be (technically) faster, than my hipfire?

4.  for the "TheNoobPolice" if ques. 2 was incorrect, then which would you recommend for a more flick orientated player like myself, 360 distance or focal length? 

1. mdh means monitor horizontal distance

2. I know you're talking to thenoobpolice, but I 'don't realy get what you mean

3. Same, It will feel a faster than hipfire, because it will travel pretty much the same distance. Some ppl prefer this way, some others prefer no to. I do prefer it this way, but to some extent. In the end the only thing that matters is how confortable it is to you, me for instance, I'm used to CS, and I never changed the ADS sens (so 1.0), so I got used to 100% mdh.

4. mdh 100% is way better for flicks, and overall better when you're realy confortable and experienced with your aim style. I only find it weird when using realy big zooms (like 16x)

5. But again, as everything related to aim, the only thing that matters is how well you feel it, remember that you're the one aiming, it is not your sensi that is aiming for you. Just try those things out and see which one is feeling the best

Edited by Ryzzen117

1. Can you give me an example of how 100% mdh for 1x ads feels in game?

2. How do u convert to 100% mdh?

3. for question 2, i mean mdh is only for when ur moving in a perfectly straight line, the markers are horizontal, but does it account for little curves that we make in our flicks , or flicks that are diagonal?

il y a une heure, TempleRxse a dit :

1. Can you give me an example of how 100% mdh for 1x ads feels in game?

2. How do u convert to 100% mdh?

3. for question 2, i mean mdh is only for when ur moving in a perfectly straight line, the markers are horizontal, but does it account for little curves that we make in our flicks , or flicks that are diagonal?

1. Ok the basically there one thing to understand first, when you turn, you turn from the point of view of you character (this the point you're moving when you change your FoV), wich means that to do a full 360, you will travel more distance if you have a low FoV rather than high FoV, so if you chose to convert your sens using 360 degree, your sens will be higher if you convert it to a game wich you play with a lower FoV (or slower if you convert to a game with a higher FoV). Wich means when you convert your sens you have  2 choices :
First, you chose that feeling of speed of your sens doesn't matter, you want the same 360 distance, then you chose 360 distance.
Second, you chose that your 360 distance doesn't matter, you want to feel the same speed when moving your cursor around, then you chose mdh.
If you convert to a game with the exact same FoV, both methods will result in the same converted sens.
So, when ADSing with a 1x with mdh 100%, you will move around the crosshair with the same speed as your converted game, no matter the zoom. Since zooming reduces your FoV, it will feel the same as your hipfire sens, but 360 will feel way faster (remember : lower FoV means more distance to travel a 360 distance, wich means higher sens to travel it with the same mouse distance)

2.  You can choose between 360 and mdh in the top option in the calculator  when you chose advanced mode.

3.mdh is calculated using straight lines because it easier to calculate this way, but keep in mind that what it calculates is the speed your cursor moves at.
So it works with any movement

Edited by Ryzzen117

Basically mdh is here to feel the same sens with a different FoV

And video games makes zooms by reducing your FoV, so it makes sense to use mdh when you convert ADS sens

And when you convert to a game in wich you use a different FoV

Edited by Ryzzen117

So in your number 1, you're saying that going from hipfire to ads, the lower fov will make my sensitivity feel faster, and vice versa. Am I correct?

2nd, mdh is going to make my sens feel the same speed when switching between fovs, while 360 distance will make my 360 feel the same, but my ads will be faster if I use 360 distance. Am I correct?

Ok if thats correct, then why not use 0% mdh vs you liking 100%, since technically ppl say 0% is better.

AND ALSO, doesnt this (apex isnt affected by fov)

Affected by:
FOV: No | WPS: No

completly contradict what you're saying? 

Edited by TempleRxse

if you use 360 distance everywhere, ads will feel faster than hipfire, yes.

360 distance will feel faster if you translate your sens to a game with a lower FoV, and slower with a higher FoV

mdh 0% is indeed better for most ppl, as I said previously, the only reason I use mdh 100% is because it is what CSGO is doing with 1.0 ADS sens, and I just got used to it.
So if 0% feels better for you (and chances are it does), use indeed 0% mdh

I understand that you can match mdh at 1 point, lets say 50%. So moving mouse, lets say "x" cm, would be the same 50% monitor distance on both hipfire and ads.

Ok them, so If you can only match at 1 point, whats the point of you matching at when you are at 0% (focal length).

TDLR: whats the difference between matching at, lets say 50% mdh vs 0% mdh? 

Like I wnna know this since people say 0% is the most common, but it doesnt make sense to me why put at 0%, and not any other percent

Edited by TempleRxse

Converting sensitivity is all about making the camera respond in a way that you expect. If you are expecting a very specific wrist flick to always make a 90 degree turn, then you would want to use the 360 distance conversion. If you expect it to always rotate somewhere close to the edge of the screen, then you use a specific monitor distance %. I personally don't think this way, and I want the turn amount to scale by the actual change in the image that I see when I go from hipfire to ADS. If I see the image change by a factor of 2 when I rightclick, then I'm expecting the turn amount to scale by a factor of 2 as well. 0% is going to give me the sensitivity that I am expecting.

The other matches only help preserve a very specific characteristic. So I don't bother with them. People probably use a specific distance % at first for the sole intention of matching a distance, but then it later becomes a matter of picking a % that gives a certain speed that they like. After all, the distance % only works between 2 points, no where before or after, and only purely vertical in 100% of cases, and horizontal in a niche case. Diagonal doesn't work because the pitch of the camera affects the yaw, and at a high fov, diagonal movement within your view, is creating a much larger deviation in pitch compared to a low fov.

There is no difference besides the %. e.g. 100% of the vertical length corresponds to 56.25% of the horizontal length, since the monitor isn't square.

I use vertical because the horizontal length is dynamic. Different horizontal lengths (e.g. 4:3, 16:9) give different results at 0% for some reason.

I would recommend 0% if you don't judge the mouse flick distance by the 2D distance between the crosshair and the enemy.

Edited by Drimzi

Would you recommend 0% mdh for a more FLICK dominant type of player like me? If not, what would you recommend. i'm pretty comfortable with my aim style, and as long as I dont change my aim style from arm to wrist, I can adjust pretty quickly. The reason I wnna know is cause I just got a lighter mouse, which made my old sens feel too fast for me, so Im gonna change it.

I wanna know if I should go back to 1 ads sensitivity to actually match my hipfire sens, or stick with the ads sens that I have which matches in terms of 360 distance (but it feels too fast)

I play apex, and i mainly use the wingman which is heavily flick