Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Gas Station Simulator

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Mortal Shell

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Incursion Red River

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

ONCE HUMAN

Hipfire added, more aims to come. See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Killing Floor 2 ADS Match Tool

The final output must be pasted into console to create 6 keybinds

The keybinds scale from 1 being the lowest zoom level to 6 being the highest. When pressed they will set your zoom sensitivity to properly match for that zoom level. They also temporarily set your FOV to that zoom level to help you ensure you pressed the correct zoom level for your weapon. To check, just zoom in with your weapon after pressing the keybind. If the zoom level doesn't change throughout the zoom-in then you've selected the correct bind. Due to the removal of the "fov" command from the game you just have to memorize what weapon corresponds to each key.

FOVOptionsPercentageValue is located in your KFGame.ini located in C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config

Coefficient is the screen match distance as a decimal and horizontal. So 75% is 0.75

Keybinds are numpad 1-6. Off the top of my head the corresponding binds are:

1 is flamethrowers/mwg

2 is pistols

3 is every smg except mp7 and med smg

4 is the grenade launcher and pistol

5 is ARs/shotguns/mp7/med smg

6 is the lever action

I don't have the scoped weapons (crossbow, m14, railgun) working because I don't know the FOV inside scopes or how their sensitivity is calculated.

Downloads/source: https://github.com/Skwuruhl/kf2ads

Most people will want to use the master branch. If you want the math to be exactly like counterstrike then use the branch "exactly-as-counterstrike". Note that this isn't screen distance match.

Python 3: https://www.python.org/

I don't know if Python will replace "." with "," in corresponding countries, refer below if it does.

Background math:

ADS sensitivity in KF2 is determined by your FOV and your ZoomedSensitivity value. More specifically when you zoom in your new sensitivity becomes

Sensitivity * ZoomedSensitivityScalar * fieldOfView * 0.013330

Where sensitivity is your hipfire sensitivity and fieldOfView is your current field of view, that is the zoomed field of view. 0.013330 is very close to dividing by 75. I originally thought it was dividing by 75 until I found them using * 0.013330 in decompiled code. Very strange way to do ADS sensitivity. Especially in a lot of cases your sensitivity can go up from hipfire. Meaning your distance/360 is even lower while ADS.

Java:

Download: https://mega.nz/#!IZYRwKSS!M6Guxx8fgg-l1y0fVEXpafAp75BU_7DMgA8X4WgEgRc

Source: https://gist.github.com/Skwuruhl/64625cc14f21cc2ef1d914dacf5d59dc

To use just double click run.bat. If you want to compile your own classes to be safe then the source is included in the file and below.

Note: If you live somewhere (or java thinks you live somewhere) that uses commas instead of period/full stop then you need to:

1. Enter your coefficient and FOVOptionsPercentageValue as a decimal using comma, i.e. 0,75 for 75% instead of 0.75

2. Go through your clipboard and replace all "," with "." before entering it into console. Notepad++'s find & replace feature is really useful for this.

Edited by Skwuruhl

First of all: Great work, I really appreciate this! :)

But I have a few questions.

1: Do I have to run the "run.bat" ever again?

2 : Keys are NumPad 1-6 (from source Code), right?

3: My Fov never changes when zooming-in with any weapon regardless of what Num Key I press :/  That shouldn't be tha case, right?

4: Whenever I use a weapon with a different Zoom-Level-class (lets say lever Action to Pistol while combat), do I have to manuelly press the correct NumPads Key?

5: My ADS sensitivity feels to fast now (maybe ist just new for me cuz I played with lower ADS sense before ;) ) Does the FOVOptionsPercentageValue is already included in the claculations? Mine isnt the Default one, it's 1.183560

Edited by WhoCares?
On 4/15/2017 at 7:39 AM, WhoCares? said:

First of all: Great work, I really appreciate this! :)

But I have a few questions.

1: Do I have to run the "run.bat" ever again?

2 : Keys are NumPad 1-6 (from source Code), right?

2: My Fov never changes when zooming-in with any weapon regardless of what Num Key I press :/  That shouldn't be tha case, right?

3: Whenever I use a weapon with a different Zoom-Level-class (lets say lever Action to Pistol while combat), do I have to manuelly press the correct NumPads Key?

4: My ADS sensitivity feels to fast now (maybe ist just new for me cuz I played with lower ADS sense before ;) ) Does the FOVOptionsPercentageValue is already included in the claculations? Mine isnt the Default one, it's 1.183560

• If the binds were successfully created you should only have to rerun run.bat if TWI ever adds new binds to the game. When they do this it will reset all your keybinds and you'll have to redo the console command. I made this program during early access where keybinds were frequently reset.
  • I did mention the numbers for the keybinds, but not that they were numpad so yeah.
  • I'm not sure if I entirely understand. But what you should do is: While in hipfire press the keybind to set the zoomed sensitivity. When you do this it should lower your FOV to the zoom it just normalized for. To make sure you pressed the key that corresponds to your weapon try entering ADS. Throughout the ads animation your FOV should be unchanged. If the FOV changed then you either pressed the wrong keybind or didn't enter the correct FOVOptionsPercentageValue. Once you exit ADS your FOV will reset to it's normal hipfire value.
  • Due to the nature of the zoom sensitivity setting in KF2 you can only have the settings normalized for a single zoom amount at a time. The keybinds are just to quickly change that setting to precise values. So if you want to start having it normalized at a different zoom level then you need to press the corresponding keybind. Annoying I know, but better than unnormalized aim imo. The alternative would be creating an injector of some kind to override the sensitivity equation with its own like the Payday 2 mod.
  • Remember that this match distance is in terms of vertical screen distance. Also that the coefficient is as a decimal. 75% horizontal for 16:9 is the same as 133% vertical. Be sure to enter this as 1.333333 not 133. It's possible I have a mismatched parenthese or something causing higher sensitivity but a quick lookover I don't see anything wrong. FOVOptionsPercentageValue is used in the contructor so I don't need to use it every single time I use an FOV. double f is the value. It's horizontal FOV again. To use CS:GO/TF2/Battlefield default match then use 0.75 coefficient.
Edited by Skwuruhl

Do I didn't get that window, and I don't have Java (Obviously you Need it when looking closer to the source Code...stupide me) and I dont want to install it, but I think I have to when I want to continue  :P

The ads-sensitivity is still much faster, so it worked only half-way...

Edited by WhoCares?
  • 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

Can you help me getting your tool to work? I downloaded the files but there is no .bat file in any folder, am I missing something?

To use run cmd in the /bin/ folder and enter "java test". If you want to compile your own classes to be safe then the source is included in the file and below.

To do this just open the folder in file explorer and enter cmd in the "address bar" like so:

C7OOsLh.png

It should go without saying that you need to have java installed for this to work.

3 hours ago, Skwuruhl said:

To do this just open the folder in file explorer and enter cmd in the "address bar" like so:

C7OOsLh.png

It should go without saying that you need to have java installed for this to work.

Thanks for your response!

Do you have any idea what went wrong here?

(I've installed Java on my system before doing that.)

asdasd.jpg

Edited by Alcatraz
1 hour ago, Skwuruhl said:

Uh. Make sure you have all of java installed I guess? Or do a clean install of it if you do.

I've managed to get it to work by using "," instead of "." (ex. "1,25" instead of "1.25").

Now my FOVOptionsPercentageValue is 1.25 but I wasn't sure what to type in for Coefficient so I just typed in 1.333 as you did in your screenshot. My display ratio is 16:9 though, should I have typed in 1.777 instead?

That aside there were a few issues:

-The numpad 5 key didn't do anything, nothing changed by pressing it.

-After zooming-in (ADS) the FOV always returns to what it was before I pressed a numpad key.

-I can't move my crosshair during ADS anymore (no matter if I press a numpad key or not), when I ADS my crosshair is basically stuck.

16 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

I've managed to get it to work by using "," instead of "." (ex. "1,25" instead of "1.25").

Now my FOVOptionsPercentageValue is 1.25 but I wasn't sure what to type in for Coefficient so I just typed in 1.333 as you did in your screenshot. My display ratio is 16:9 though, should I have typed in 1.777 instead?

That aside there were a few issues:

-The numpad 5 key didn't do anything, nothing changed by pressing it.

-After zooming-in (ADS) the FOV always returns to what it was before I pressed a numpad key.

-I can't move my crosshair during ADS anymore (no matter if I press a numpad key or not), when I ADS my crosshair is basically stuck.

I guess it's because your OS/keyboard/game aren't the English version? I can't think of any other reason. I'm also just guessing this is the case based on part of your cmd being in German. To fix ADS being stuck just increase your zoom sensitivity in options. It must be set at 0 somehow.

Instead of pasting into console paste the thing here so I can see what it's outputting.

Yes, I also believe that this was the reason. Also you were right about the settings, the zoom sensitivity was indeed set to 0, changing it did the trick. However it always changes back to 0 after I press one of the numpad bindings.

The output is this:

SetBind NumpadOne "fov 100|SetZoomedSensitivity 0,684306"|SetBind NumpadTwo "fov 96,25|SetZoomedSensitivity 0,689674"|SetBind NumpadThree "fov 93,75|SetZoomedSensitivity 0,693276"|SetBind NumpadFour "fov 91,25|SetZoomedSensitivity 0,696892"|SetBind NumpadFive "fov 87,5|SetZoomedSensitivity 0,702335"|SetBind NumpadSix "fov 81,25|SetZoomedSensitivity 0,711423"

EDIT: I just managed to fix the issue by changing all "," in the input-file to ".". Apparently my german OS also screwed up the clipboard output I got from your script somehow. After I changed the Numpad 5 key to Numpad 7 this issue was also fixed. I also get know that it doesn't matter that the FOV resets because it's the zoom-sens. that's supposed to change.

Awesome work, I love it! I have one last question regarding what you said about the railgun in your first post, is there any reason why it can't be calculated like the others? It's one of my main weapons so it's a shame that it's not included.

Edited by Alcatraz
3 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

Yes, I also believe that this was the reason. Also you were right about the settings, the zoom sensitivity was indeed set to 0, changing it did the trick. However it always changes back to 0 after I press one of the numpad bindings.

The output is this:

SetBind NumpadOne "fov 100|SetZoomedSensitivity 0,684306"|SetBind NumpadTwo "fov 96,25|SetZoomedSensitivity 0,689674"|SetBind NumpadThree "fov 93,75|SetZoomedSensitivity 0,693276"|SetBind NumpadFour "fov 91,25|SetZoomedSensitivity 0,696892"|SetBind NumpadFive "fov 87,5|SetZoomedSensitivity 0,702335"|SetBind NumpadSix "fov 81,25|SetZoomedSensitivity 0,711423"

Okay you need to change all the commas to periods/full stops/whatever you call them. That should fix everything. Although I don't know why numpad 5 wasn't doing anything. It could be related to your keyboard. You could change it from NumpadFive to NumpadEight or something and see if that works.

Just now, Skwuruhl said:

Okay you need to change all the commas to periods/full stops/whatever you call them. That should fix everything. Although I don't know why numpad 5 wasn't doing anything. It could be related to your keyboard. You could change it from NumpadFive to NumpadEight or something and see if that works.

Haha you were 5 seconds quicker than me, check out my previous post (it's edited).

21 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

I have one last question regarding what you said about the railgun in your first post, is there any reason why it can't be calculated like the others? It's one of my main weapons so it's a shame that it's not included.

It's mostly because I don't know the equation for ADS sensitivity for weapons that have that special scope like the railgun and m14. I was able to find the exact equation for normal ADS so that's what I made it for. If someone found the equation (through UE Explorer or testing) for these weapons I'd be happy to add them.

Oh and don't use 1.33333 anymore, that was for an older version (I mean unless you like that, would be a bit high for most people). If you want to have the same match distance as CS:GO/battlefield etc. then use 0.75 for coefficient. I personally use 0. If you want to have "viewspeed" then 0.7 will be close enough for all intents and purposes.

Edited by Skwuruhl
13 minutes ago, Skwuruhl said:

It's mostly because I don't know the equation for ADS sensitivity for weapons that have that special scope like the railgun and m14. I was able to find the exact equation for normal ADS so that's what I made it for. If someone found the equation (through UE Explorer or testing) for these weapons I'd be happy to add them.

Oh and don't use 1.33333 anymore, that was for an older version (I mean unless you like that, would be a bit high for most people). If you want to have the same match distance as CS:GO/battlefield etc. then use 0.75 for coefficient. I personally use 0. If you want to have "viewspeed" then 0.7 will be that for all intents and purposes.

I see. I wouldn't mind doing the testing work if it doesn't involve having advanced knowledge of maths.

I'd like to use viewspeed, that would be 0.7 then, right? I'm using 45 zoom-sens in Overwatch (1080p, 103FOV), which is supposed to be viewspeed I believe?

1 minute ago, Alcatraz said:

I see. I wouldn't mind doing the testing work if it doesn't involve having advanced knowledge of maths.

I'd like to use viewspeed, that would be 0.7 then, right? I'm using 45 zoom-sens in Overwatch (1080p, 103FOV), which is supposed to be viewspeed I believe?

45 is also the same value for 75% match distance. The two are pretty close together. But yeah viewspeed is almost always ~70% match distance so you'll be fine using 0.7 for the coefficient.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It didn't worked  for me! I installed java and did what you said.

and I guess reason is I'm the one who have to change all commas in the file to periods,

but I don't know how to open up the file to change commas to periods... I tried opening up run.class in kf2ads.jar with notepad

but every words were crushed so I couldn't edit any of it.  please help me how to do this  

Edited by AimXO
On 7/7/2018 at 4:58 PM, AimXO said:

It didn't worked  for me! I installed java and did what you said.

and I guess reason is I'm the one who have to change all commas in the file to periods,

but I don't know how to open up the file to change commas to periods... I tried opening up run.class in kf2ads.jar with notepad

but every words were crushed so I couldn't edit any of it.  please help me how to do this  

The issue with commas is in the output, you shouldn't need to edit the code at all. When you get the output paste it somewhere and change all the "," to "." then copy it again.

Alternatively you could try the python version.