Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Custom aspect ratio now supported!

• Wizard

To simplify input for those who play with custom aspect ratio, the calculator now has native support for this. 

If you don't use a custom aspect ratio, just leave it at "Native"!

This means that you enter your monitor's resolution, then select the aspect ratio you use.

• Stretched is the aspect ratio stretched out to the entire resolution of your monitor.
  • Black bars is either black bars on the sides, or letterbox i.e. black bars on top and bottom.

Important: Changing aspect ratio does not necessarily change anything in your calculation! 360 distance will always stay the same, and if you're using a vertical matching method stretching horizontally does not change anything and vice versa.

The "Actual FOV" in the output will show you the FOV for your aspect ratio.

For instance those who play CSGO with 4:3 stretched on a 1920x1080 monitor do like this:
image.png

If you play with black bars, select this:
image.png

If you're on an ultrawide monitor and there's a game that does not support 21:9 but maxes out at 16:9, do this:
image.png

Likewise on a 16:10 monitor with a 16:9 game (so you have black bars on top and bottom):
image.png

• Wizard
9 minutes ago, WhoCares? said:

Are both 2560x1080 and 3440x1440 considered as 21:9 ?

Yeah, even though neither of them actually are. The FOV calculation will be a fraction off due to this. I might be able to use their real respective AR actually, will look into it.

This is really only an issue if you play 21:9 stretched or black bars on 32:9 though.

• Wizard
5 minutes ago, Quackerjack said:

if u went from a 16:10 screen/monitor or 4:3 screen to a 16:9 Monitor. U choose which option or doesnt it matter?

The only thing that matters is the resolution of your monitor, and the custom aspect ratio you use in the game. 

Like 16:10 on 16:9 in R6:

image.pngimage.png

This would be:

image.png

• Wizard
1 minute ago, Quackerjack said:

just to make sure.

If u went from 16:10 monitor native resolution to 16:9 monitor native resolution this whole thing doesnt affect it.

Not for native resolutions no. But this isn't about switching monitors, it's about forcing a custom aspect ratio different than what your monitor have.

• Wizard
11 minutes ago, Quackerjack said:

Yes i understand that. But in theory if u switch monitors with different aspect ratios this should also affect the sensitvity.

That depends on the game. For instance going from 16:9 to 21:9 on CSGO will just add the extra width while keeping everything else the same. So the 16:9 portion of your 21:9 monitor is exactly like before. PUBG however changes sensitivity when going from 16:9 to 21:9, so it needs to be re-calculated. And for games that have FOV locked to the horizontal FOV (Hdeg Res) you should change the FOV if possible, which in turn might change sensitivity.

• Wizard
4 minutes ago, Pyroxia said:

So I simulate my fov with blackbars using this calculator https://www.geogebra.org/classic/wg83gxjc

I'm calculating resolution and matching my hipfire with 360 bot ads and scope with MDV %0. Am I need to set my aspect ratio for this calculations? Or I'm doing correct calculations already?

If you have black bars on the sides and use 1810x1080 to get an FOV of 103, you are doing it correctly as far as I can tell.

• Wizard
36 minutes ago, Taymore said:

How do I use the aspect ratio function in the  calculator exactly to chnage from my 22 inch 16:10 native 720p reso stretched. > 24.5 inch 16:9 native 720p I'm so confused. Haha

Like this, but it will not make any difference in the calculation since both are 16:9.

image.png

@DPI Wizard

Bug? How does ADS affect 4:3 stretched? If it doesn't the calculator should not revert to native when you chose different aim options, i.e. hipfire, ADS, or anything in that list.  

This is option is awesome.

What is most practical, 

• Game with Vdeg in 2560 x 1440 4:3 stretched you're trying to convert to one that is 2560 x 1440 Native Hdeg 16:9. 
  • This lines out the actual VFOV to my desired 80 FOV on both games.
  • I believe what a person would want in all instances is the Actual HFOV to match. (for example HFOV is for main game 96, converting game is 112, of course VFOV is the same at 80).  I believe you'd want matching HFOV due to being  you move more horizontally than vertically meaning targets side to side vs up and down and for closest setting they should have the closest HFOV as possible, not VFOV.  Am I understand this correctly?  
  • If this is the case, what should AUTO FOV be set too for a game that is built for Vdeg and you use 80.  At this point, do you just use AUTO FOV On, Target FOV 80 and FOV Type to Vdeg and adjust manually on convert to game until the HFOV matches?  (it drops from 112 to 96 to mach HFOV.)  

Using ADS\Scope Monitor Distance Viewing 0-100%, would this be the correct method in the stretched instances or is there a better option?  

5 hours ago, TheBrandon said:

@DPI Wizard

Bug? How does ADS affect 4:3 stretched? If it doesn't the calculator should not revert to native when you chose different aim options, i.e. hipfire, ADS, or anything in that list.  

This is option is awesome.

What is most practical, 

• Game with Vdeg in 2560 x 1440 4:3 stretched you're trying to convert to one that is 2560 x 1440 Native Hdeg 16:9. 
  • This lines out the actual VFOV to my desired 80 FOV on both games.
  • I believe what a person would want in all instances is the Actual HFOV to match. (for example HFOV is for main game 96, converting game is 112, of course VFOV is the same at 80).  I believe you'd want matching HFOV due to being  you move more horizontally than vertically meaning targets side to side vs up and down and for closest setting they should have the closest HFOV as possible, not VFOV.  Am I understand this correctly?  
  • If this is the case, what should AUTO FOV be set too for a game that is built for Vdeg and you use 80.  At this point, do you just use AUTO FOV On, Target FOV 80 and FOV Type to Vdeg and adjust manually on convert to game until the HFOV matches?  (it drops from 112 to 96 to mach HFOV.)  

Using ADS\Scope Monitor Distance Viewing 0-100%, would this be the correct method in the stretched instances or is there a better option?  

you can pretty much ignore the hdeg vdeg all that matters is having the same numbers for x and y axis

the ideal case is always having both axis be the same fov since you are going to have a difficult time finding an fps that purely has one axis

after long testing i have come to the conclusion that a fov of about 70 vdeg  works well on 16;9aspect (the right match between big enemies and peripheral vision for me)

i am staying away from stretched resolutions since they are hardly reproduce able most of the time (if games don't support them natively ) and they often aren't worth it /drastically over hyped due to pro players using them 

if you want to have a "similar " feel  0% is always the go to

Edited by fortunate reee
36 minutes ago, fortunate reee said:

you can pretty much ignore the hdeg vdeg all that matters is having the same numbers for x and y axis

the ideal case is always having both axis be the same fov since you are going to have a difficult time finding an fps that purely has one axis

after long testing i have come to the conclusion that a fov of about 70 vdeg  works well on 16;9aspect (the right match between big enemies and peripheral vision for me)

i am staying away from stretched resolutions since they are hardly reproduce able most of the time (if games don't support them natively ) and they often aren't worth it /drastically over hyped due to pro players using them 

if you want to have a "similar " feel  0% is always the go to

Take your preferred FOV in 4:3 stretched and take a screenshot. Now use that image as a reference for 16:9 changing the FOV to compare images until it’s close.

No idea how it happens, but when you move you’ll notice you’re significantly slower on 16:9 and it wrecks havoc on the brain. Probably because you had to drop to low to mid 60s. 

While object size matters, you’re sacrificing speed (meaning perception of physical character movement not aim speed) by comparison. 

16 hours ago, TheBrandon said:

Take your preferred FOV in 4:3 stretched and take a screenshot. Now use that image as a reference for 16:9 changing the FOV to compare images until it’s close.

No idea how it happens, but when you move you’ll notice you’re significantly slower on 16:9 and it wrecks havoc on the brain. Probably because you had to drop to low to mid 60s. 

While object size matters, you’re sacrificing speed (meaning perception of physical character movement not aim speed) by comparison. 

the reason the speed(and size) is so different on stretched is that it takes a fov x and y from 4;3 and stretches it to fit 16;9 (so you get less peripheral vision than on 16;9 and instead just simply stretch what you would have on 4;3 to be bigger )

(pretty much the reason that you get "bigger enemies" and more horizontal movement speed  )

4:3 vs 16:9 Aspect Ratio | truvumonitorsinc

i play all of my games on 16:9 res these days (there is plenty of resources here in the forums to read up on btw)

obligatory you don't need to play stretched highest fov to be competitive  these days , in general sticking to one resolution ,preferably native to your monitor and actually having uniform settings across all games will grant you far better results in the long run .

Edited by fortunate reee

I agree you don’t need to play with a stretched screen to be competitive. It’s definitely best to match as much as possible across the board. I think what we’re seeing is folks that are used to 4:3 stretched in a game, perception of movement and the precision required for high level game play being a large factor.

Let’s say your champion in siege. That’s .193% of 50 million players. You don’t want to start over necessarily changing things and the feeling is unmistakable switching. Finding the most common balance for 4:3 stretched to 16:9 makes playing other games not such a hassle. That has been my big thing. I hate bouncing to other games as when I come back to Siege it takes a bit for my dumbass to adjust back. I’ve tried the 16:9 and that’s a huge no in both look and feel unfortunately.  At the end of the day, no way to get it done but it’s been fun exploring.  I’m stilling trying to understand some of the science and of course what is most practical method for the one stupid game I play in 4:3 but the game I play the most. I wish I would have never tried 4:3 but no going back. 

Have a great day! 

@DPI Wizard I have 2 questions: 1) I'm confused between the difference of the "FOV Type" and "Aspect Ratio" feature. My monitor has a 1920x1080 defualt resolution, so if i play RB6 with the 4:3 aspect ratio preset in-game, would i then change the "Aspect Ratio" variable to "4:3 Stretched" and keep the "FOV Type" to Vdeg (instead of Hdeg 4:3)? My settings then look as such:
970182644_Capture4.PNG.f476aaf71faff75b635cf9ccaeceb9a1.PNG
2) I want to convert to Kovaaks, and i play with the 4:3 FOV measurement preset in kovaaks. Do i then use the 4:3 stretched "Aspect Ratio" input, or keep it defualt? My goal is to match my R6 ADS sensitivity and FOV to match directly into Kovaaks. Thanks in advance :) My final results are as follows:
2007939522_Capture5.PNG.409d3f9d1df5bd5589d0626ec11fb713.PNG

Edited by BlackBullet