Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Mouse sensitivity utility by MSJ

Go to solution Solved by Skwuruhl,

Hello guys,

I would like to introduce you my new version of utility. It will give you a alternative look on mouse sensitivity.

Supported games:
Goldsource Games (HL1, CS 1.6 etc.)
Source Games (HL2, CS:S, CS:GO, TF2 etc.)
PUBG (PlayerUnknown‘s Battlegrounds)
Apex Legends

Download link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/MacSquirrel_Jedi/

In some games i do not know exact formula for sensitivity calculations (for example PUBG). In these cases, I will create my alternative formula, based on my manual measurements in the game. Sensitivity is affected by many things, and it's possible that you will find a configuration which will not work for you. But most situations should be covered.

For basic information about the utility, see the Quick Start Guide.

I hope you enjoy it

Thread.png.db7fc8505827a8df33e2b3c5fd7ef5cf.png

Edited by MacSquirrel_Jedi
Mouse sensitivity utility 1.71
22 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Unless I'm missing something, isn't this just the same as setting the calculator to MDV 133.3333% for horizontal and MDV 100% for vertical?

I guess it's no problem for DPI Wizard :D I'm still confused about lots of things in this calculator, it's to much sophisticated on me... Thanks to your picture i understood it a little bit more :)

• Wizard
Just now, MacSquirrel_Jedi said:

I guess it's no problem for DPI Wizard :D I'm still confused about lots of things in this calculator, it's to much sophisticated on me... Thanks to your picture i understood it a little bit more :)

😄

Support for different horizontal and vertical sensitivity is a feature I'm working on btw, the drawback is that a lot of games lack support for this.

1 hour ago, Quackerjack said:

ya but a lot mices allow to change the dpi for x and y

Once i had DPI for X and Y in one version of my utility. But i decided to remove it, because it has more negatives than positives. And those who really do not much care about sensitivity, it would be totally confusing.

Negative:
- you have to change it in every game, which is annoying  (even if it's just in vertical). Unless there is opportunity to automatically load profile for each game.
- most solutions (sensitivity scaling) are software side, so it can be buggy or add lag. There is only few mices that can change it by hardware side.
- These mices are more expensive
- If your mice will break, you are in big trouble for each game now
- maybe it will be necessary to add corrections (mouse sensor) for both axis. Because the deviation from each axis may be a lot of more different. It will be even more difficult for beginners.

Positive:
+ easy way to setup, without any knowledge of advanced game settings

For me, it's always better to make a change in the game if it allows. But for example in Apex Legends, i still do not find the way how to scale vertical sensitivity by game it self. So in this case, i can add separate DPI for X and Y.

life would be so much easier if there was an open source input tool (supported by most games) either built in windows that would be allowed to directly bypass the in game settings /scope sliders

imagine having that .

less work for the game devs all they have to do is implement a throughput option

much more consistency /adaptability even in bad games like destiny /siege /tarkov

a truly utopian concept

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to understand what monitor distance means... I lived in a dream if i match Windows/Game monitor distance at 100% it will be same/linear for any lower distance. But now after two days of measurments, i find out it's not true :D Now i understand, that Windows to game, can't be set exactly... I also finally understand this video I've seen it many times but just today does it start to make sense to me.

It will take some time to implement it to my utility. From my measurment in CS:GO the biggest difference in vertical distance compared to Win was about 9,5% lower, which is bad. So now i'm trying to find a way how to balance this deviation. Because it's of course better be more precise near to the crosshair than on edge of monitor.

3 hours ago, MacSquirrel_Jedi said:

I'm starting to understand what monitor distance means... I lived in a dream if i match Windows/Game monitor distance at 100% it will be same/linear for any lower distance. But now after two days of measurments, i find out it's not true :D Now i understand, that Windows to game, can't be set exactly... I also finally understand this video I've seen it many times but just today does it start to make sense to me.

It will take some time to implement it to my utility. From my measurment in CS:GO the biggest difference in vertical distance compared to Win was about 9,5% lower, which is bad. So now i'm trying to find a way how to balance this deviation. Because it's of course better be more precise near to the crosshair than on edge of monitor.

matching angular  to "flat" surface is pretty difficult

: ) gl

20 hours ago, MacSquirrel_Jedi said:

ur utility matches at 133 MDV. But yes only Horizontal Sensitivity is right then.

• 3 weeks later...

After three weeks i already finished my investigation, which leads to close my utility from public. Because i no longer thing that matching Windows sensitivity on whole screen in game is a good way. My utility was doing exactly what  promised, finds the smallest deviation from Win/2D to 3D on whole screen. But I found that much better is just focusing on square in centre of image where the sensitivity is almost identical to Windows. Once we cross that orange square sensitivity will change dramaticaly from Windows. But it's OK because we need to be precise near to crosshair.

Matching Win/2D sensitivity on whole screen in game (100%) for both axis will result in 0% deviation on edges of monitor. But decrease precise near to crosshair/orange square around 0-21%.

Green line represent mouse move and position on monitor in Windows. Red line represent position on monitor in game (in easy explanation)

obrazek.png.42b694a80490aa7003a97993f17405bc.png

Matching Win/2D sensitivity on orange square (Monitor distance vertical 100%): Result in around 23% deviation on edge of monitor. But increase precise near to crosshair/orange square with max. deviation of around 10%.

obrazek.png.5c58f22015bc7747efa2bb5242145707.png

So now i thing that best way for Win/2D is this: obrazek.png.a95282842157b2ae616bc9383a5a1ce4.png

These thoughts are related just to this game. I'm leaving here spreadsheet file with my investigation. Please note that graphs in that file do not cover all situation.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/c6fnpe

Your results will change any time the FOV is adjusted. Your horizontal screen movement depends entirely on how much your character is looking up or down. If you move diagonally like the picture, the amount you're looking up or down is going to depend on the FOV. If you're scoped in, then your character is barely going to look up, and thus the horizontal screen movement is less affected, and it will be closer to 2D. The only match to 2D is 0%, which matches the cursor velocity, not distance, which is impossible due to FOV.

12 hours ago, Drimzi said:

Your results will change any time the FOV is adjusted

In CS:GO VFOV is not changing by default. So no problem here.

12 hours ago, Drimzi said:

The only match to 2D is 0%

I think i understand you but at 0% is monitor deviation 0% only near to crosshair (center of monitor), and deviation will rise any further distance from it. My intention is to set sensitivity to be as close as possible to Windows on as much display area/screen and 100% do it better. Because 100% has lower deviation on larger screen area in terms of distance. So as much far enemy apear from crosshair, my precise will grow at 100% in orange square.

Settings for 0% , 100% , 84.6142%

obrazek.thumb.png.741376f3a17f71d5bbb7354f0a90e4bc.png

• Wizard
4 minutes ago, MacSquirrel_Jedi said:

I think i understand you but at 0% is monitor deviation 0% only near to crosshair (center of monitor), and deviation will rise any further distance from it.

It's the same story as with matching scopes, you can only match one aspect of the sensitivity. If you match MDV 100%, everything else will be different. If you match MDV 0% you will have the same tracking speed, but flicks will be different and so on.

10 minutes ago, MacSquirrel_Jedi said:

obrazek.thumb.png.741376f3a17f71d5bbb7354f0a90e4bc.png

I made a video ages ago basically showing the same as this :)

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Version 2.1 is out

- Added aims to CS:GO and CS 1.6 (Scopes / Zooms)
- CS 1.6: Fixed calculation when changing the command default_fov ""
- Fixed Czech text in English version (hidden lines)

download link in video description

Note: If the LibreOffice version (.ods file) will give you some value errors , just switch to different aim (Zoom/Hipfire) and than switch back. After that values will appear without errors. I don't know why is this happening. No problem with MS Office.

• 2 months later...

Version 2.2 is out

- Added aims to PUBG and Apex Legends (Scopes / Zooms)
- All aims were sorted from the largest FOV to the smallest
- PUBG: Fixed "Mouse distance - FOV" calculation for resolution ratios other than 16: 9
- PUBG: Added sensitivity for settings from the game menu (gray background)
- The sensitivity ratio for games is now the average of all monitor distances on the main sheet (9x).
  And it takes into account the currently used graph. As a result, a simple graph shows a better deviation.
- Simplified calculation of "Monitor distance - Game X and Y"
- Many IF functions have been changed for search functions such as VLOOKUP, INDEX and MATCH (comfy)

download link in video description

• 2 months later...

Version 3.0 is out

Enjoy a International Students' Day. Which is a sad memory of nazis crime on students in my country.

New method of converting sensitivity which is taking into account all points (all monitor distances) is live :)

- Complete reconstruction of the utility
- Possibility to compare two games / aims
- Option to adjust the monitor distance for "All points" (4000x points)
- The sensitivity ratio is now the average of all monitor distances (4000x distances).
- Language selection added (Czech / English)
- Modified manual and quick start guide
- Source Games (HL2, CS:S, CS:GO, TF2, etc.) renamed to: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive 
- Goldsource Games (HL1, CS 1.6, TF1, etc.) renamed to: Counter-Strike 1.6
- New YouTube video created

Note: A few days before completing this version, I learned how to automate monitor distance adjustment for all points. Because implementation will require a lot of effort, I'll keep it for another time.

download link in video description

• Solution
On 8/20/2020 at 7:52 AM, MacSquirrel_Jedi said:

I think i understand you but at 0% is monitor deviation 0% only near to crosshair (center of monitor), and deviation will rise any further distance from it. My intention is to set sensitivity to be as close as possible to Windows on as much display area/screen and 100% do it better. Because 100% has lower deviation on larger screen area in terms of distance. So as much far enemy apear from crosshair, my precise will grow at 100% in orange square.

Monitor Distance is a flawed way of looking at sensitivity. The proper way to compare hipfire to zoom is by using the zoom ratio between the two fields of view. If everything becomes 4.5x larger when you enter ADS, you want to reduce sensitivity by a factor of 4.5.
See: https://imgur.com/a/szjlq

This is consistent with how your brain perceives distance and size of target. E.g. a target 2x closer to you will appear 2x as large, and take 2x the mouse movements to aim at.

Zoom is the ratio of focal lengths between two images.

On 6/18/2021 at 8:28 PM, Skwuruhl said:

Angle of view can be expressed via the equation

Bb5h
Where d is film size (i.e. your monitor) and f is focal length. If you solve for focal length you get
sPhM
d is constant if you're calculating for the same screen and orientation of film (e.g. vertical, horizontal, diagonal, etc.), so only angle of view matters. Zoom ratio is the ratio of the lowest and highest focal length, so the equation becomes
LIiC
or
SA0A
If we plug in CSGO fov into this we get a zoom ratio of
Uxva

Ok so great, but what if we don't have a constant screen or orientation? Well if we had kept separate d variables instead of simplifying them out
0oZN
Plugging in values for Overwatch
kXwn
Or going between 103 hor 16:9 and 21:9
K3W5

On 11/18/2021 at 7:23 AM, Skwuruhl said:

Monitor Distance is a flawed way of looking at sensitivity. The proper way to compare hipfire to zoom is by using the zoom ratio between the two fields of view. If everything becomes 4.5x larger when you enter ADS, you want to reduce sensitivity by a factor of 4.5.
See: https://imgur.com/a/szjlq

This is consistent with how your brain perceives distance and size of target. E.g. a target 2x closer to you will appear 2x as large, and take 2x the mouse movements to aim at.

Zoom is the ratio of focal lengths between two images.

So you say 133.333 MDV like Basic csgo hip to ads is the best?